Final

Jealousy

“It’s good to see you all, again.” You said as you walked into the practice room, dropping the snacks you bought on the couch.

  You watch as all nine heads turn towards you, surprise filling each face. One face had a mixture of surprise and delight, and that was none other than Shin Selin. Suyeob was the first to jump up and greet you with a hug. Then the other AlphaBAT members greeted you one by one. Selin was the last to greet you and, when he did, he pulled you into a hug, which you returned.
  You and the members played random games in the practice room before Suyeob asked you to listen to his newest rap he’d been working on. Before he started, you heard Selin mumble something about how he can rap better than Suyeob any day. You shook your head smiling slightly. 
  When Suyeob finished his rap, you were thoroughly blown away. He’d improved a lot since the last time he rapped in front of you. Not to mention the fact that he wrote the whole thing himself. You couldn’t help but praise him, as it was amazing.

“He’s a lot better, isn’t he?” Jun asked from next to Suyeob, and you agreed.

“I thought you liked my rap the best, (Y/N)…” You heard Selin mutter under his breath next to you.

“Aww, is our little Selin jealous?” You heard Hayong teasing the younger member.

  You looked at Selin seeing the glare he was sending in Hayong’s direction, if looks could kill.

“Is something wrong, Selin?” You ask, looking at Selin, eyes filled with concern.

“No, nothing’s wrong.” He replied gruffly.

“Don’t even say ‘nothing’s wrong’. There’s clearly something wrong, I mean, your fists are clenched and you can practically see steam coming from your ears.” Yeonsoo teased with a short laugh.

“Guys, I don’t think it’s right to …” You heard Sanghun say somewhere on the other side of the room.

  Faster than you realized, Selin was up and out of the door, slamming it closed behind him. You looked at the others with wide eyes. You’ve never really seen him act this way, so it threw you off.

“You guys know how he can get.” Junsu said quietly next to Yeongjin.

  You stood up, knowing that you could appease Selin’s anger. You left the room, knowing exactly where he’d be; the recording studio. Just as you predicted, Selin was lounging on the couch in the recording room. You opened the door as loud as you could to announce your presence.

“Dude, what’s wrong?” You ask, hoping it sounded as playful as you intended.

  Your question was met with silence, Selin let out as huff of air.

“Are you really jealous? I think of Suyeob as a brother. Nothing more.” You try to clarify.

“I know, (Y/N). It’s just… When I heard you praising Suyeob for his rapping and not me, I just… Kinda got upset. I dunno.” He said, the jealousy and anger dissipating from his voice.

“Selin, there’s a reason I’m dating you and not Suyeob, you know.” You said smiling at him.

  Selin looked up to meet your eyes, and time just seemed to stop for the two of you. It reminded you of the first time you had made eye contact. The mood was perfect, too.
  Before anything could happen, the door opened rather loudly, making you both flinch. You turned your head as at the same time to the source of the noise.

“Sorry. Hayong told us to look for you, but…” Sanha began.

“But, we’ll tell him that you’re… Occupied, at the moment.” Yeongjin finished.

“It’s fine, we’ll head back, now.” Selin said as he shook his head.

  When Yeongjin and Sanha left, Selin turned to you.

“Sorry, (Y/N), I kinda overreacted.” Selin said, pulling you into the hallway.

“Don’t worry about it. I wasn’t offended, or anything.” You said, laughing out.

“Back to the practice room!” Selin cheered as he intertwined his fingers with yours.

  When you and Selin returned to the practice room, the other members’ eyes were fixed on you.

“Everything’s resolved, I hope?” Hayong said with an apologetic smile.

“You better hope.” Selin responded with a sharp tone before laughing.

  The day ended with smiles, laughter, and many memories.