//: Prologue

Reconditorum Amniumque [ Secluded ]

 

dystopian societies… to some it's a paradise while as to others think of it as hell. not much goes on in these parts for everything is run in an orderly fashion by the government. if one situation gets out of hand, the entire city goes under fire, signaling off its sirens to warn others as the authorities hunt after the one who caused it all. no one is able to escape from this city of darkness for it is enclosed with deep drop offs outside the society. one false move and you are done for. now those who disobey the city's rules and regulations have to get a shock collar put around their necks and be tased to a certain voltage each time one tries to cause havoc. these devices hold a sort of tracking device within its system that can also sense one's future actions. this is the only charm that separates the innocent from the guilty.

 

a 19 year old boy named hanbin is one of half the populations people who isn't under a type of surveillance. never in his years of living has he committed a crime and neither does he think ahead of wanting to cause any. with his hands in the front pockets of his jeans, hanbin wanders the empty streets alone. taking in good observations of everything that he sees, the boy can't help but feel saddened that not only he but everyone else who is apart of the city has to go through this lifestyle of living in isolation. everyday, people hide away in their apartments being afraid to go out in the outside world. they fear that they will  get caught into doing something they aren't supposed to.

 

but over time, crime rates have increased due to the desperation from those people who are brave enough to want to destroy and take over the government. none have succeeded unfortunately but they still try despite the fact that they are getting tortured by electric shocks every time. hanbin sighs and silently prays that he doesn’t get misread as one who will also cause this havoc. he glances up at the darkened sky and blankly stares at it for a few minutes. getting too lost into his own thoughts he then bumps into another figure and falls down.

 

“ you alright, there? “ the figure asks him as he lends out a hand.
 

hanbin grabs ahold “ yeah, i'm fine. “ he reassures him.
 

“ if i were you i wouldn’t drift off into space for too long. “ the other added. “ who knows who can be lurking out here during this time. the names jiwon, by the way. “ he adds on while flashing a small smile that shows a bit of his bunny teeth.

 

hanbin looked at jiwon a bit dumbfounded as to how such a gentle rabbit boy could have gotten here. he soon begins to take that question back though when he sees that this older male in front of him has a noticeable tattoo saying something such as “ survive or die “ inked across his collarbones. it's visibly shown in the space of his open black v- neck that is covered by a leather jacket and finished off with a matching pair of black skinny jeans and converse shoes. what is more noticeable than the guy's style is realizing that he has the exact shock collar around his neck. he's one of them. once again, hanbin got lost in his own thoughts and had to be brought back to reality by jiwon waving a hand in front of his face.

 

“ dude, did i accidentally make you hit your head or something? “ jiwon cautiously asks.

 

hanbin shakes his head before running his fingers through his hair. “ no, again i'm fine. thank you for your concern, though. “ he says before extending the index finger on his opposite hand that was directly pointing to the device around jiwon’s neck. “ you caused chaos.. “ he trails off.

 

jiwon raises a brow at the youngers words but pieces together that he was talking about the collar. he carefully grabs ahold of it, tugging on it ever so gently. “ oh, this. yeah i did some damage to this place.. but it's not like i care. “ jiwon rolls his eyes and scoffs, looking over the ruined city. “ this place is a major hellhole and i need to find a way to either escape from it or most likely take over. who knew that the government can be so sadistic. our pain is their pleasure and we have to do whatever it is that they please. “ jiwon clenches his teeth at this but lets a sigh escape past his lips to ease himself down.  he then comes up with an idea when he scans hanbin from head to toe. “ maybe you can help me.. “

 

“ e excuse me..? d did you just say that i might be able to ‘ help ‘ you? “ hanbin stutters, not sure if he heard right.

 

jiwon crosses his arms over his chest and nods firmly. “ yes. you don't look too shabby of a person who can be my partner in crime for this mission. “

 

“ b but i'm innocent! i never committed a single crime here! “ hanbin blurts out, almost going into a panic state until jiwon holds him in his place with both his hands now resting on his shoulders. he meets with jiwons eyes to see a look that tells him that he's going to be ok which for an odd reason makes the boys face flush with red.

 

“ ok, first of all, chill. this isn't a full life or death situation here. second, you want to get out of here, don't you? the only way we are both going to be able to do that is to work together. “ jiwon explains, having hanbin come down from his sudden adrenaline rush.

 

the younger can only listen, not knowing what to say as his bottom lip quivers in slight fear and nervousness because he didn't want jiwon to notice how fragile he was. with that said about being fearful of the next event and also being nervous. he isn't worried about his own safety but also worried about jiwon's because he is the one out of the two who have committed a crime before and who has probably already gotten shocked before meeting him. hanbin would be the safe one throughout this entire scenario because he doesn't have to be watched over as careful as jiwon who- makes one mistake- and receives a hundred or more volts of electricity running through his system.

 

“ what are you going to do if someone happens to catch us and let you receive punishment through that collar? “ he questioned the older.

 

jiwon gives hanbin a hard stare as he then grips onto the so said device, yanking it off of his neck and throwing it onto the ground to only step on it afterwards. “ you think i'm gonna let one little collar screw me over? “ he smirks.

 

just before hanbin could respond, both the males hear the familiar sounds of the sirens go off from the distance.

 

“ the authorities… “ he whispers.
 

“ let's go! “ jiwon exclaims when he suddenly pulls hanbin along, leading them as far away from the location as possible.