# 1

Good bye my love...

"Come on Chunji! Hurry up before they get to us!" L.Joe rushed Chunji to pick up his pace while keeping a lookout behind him. "I'm trying to run as fast as i can!" Chunji replied with him trying to catch his breath due to running. "Ack! L.Joe! Help, they got my leg!" The pink-haired boy screamed, struggling to get out of the grip one of the zombies had on his right leg. 

"Chunji!" L.Joe turned back when he heard his lover screaming for help. He couldn't run to help Chunji as the zombies behind are slowing coming closer and closer to them. The blue-haired boy had no choice but to reach out for his pistol which he kept in his boots. L.Joe didn't plan to use the gun but seeing the situation, it's either saving Chunji or sacrificing both of them to the undead. 

"Bang! Bang!" Two loud gunshots were heard and the zombie which was holding on to Chunji's leg release it's grip. L.Joe immediately picked up Chunji and ran further into the neighbourhood to find a safe house where they could rest for the night. After losing most of the zombies behind them, L.Joe slowed down and managed to find an abandoned house where he was sure none of the zombies are able to come in unless they are very strong to be able to pull the door off. 

L.Joe placed Chunji down on the sofa and went around the house trying to find supplies which would help them till they reached safety. Chunji was still shocked from what had happened earlier and was resting on the sofa. Sounds of opening and closing of cupboards can be heard in the house where L.Joe was searching for food to satisfy their growling stomachs. The blue-haired boy was able to find some snacks and 3 bottles of mineral water which was left behind by the previous owner. Being able to find food and water in a time like this is like finding an oasis in the desert.

"Chunji, I know this is very little but at least it will satisfy our hunger and keep us alive for a while before we reached the army base camp." L.Joe tossed the water bottle and a pack of cookies to Chunji. "Thanks byung..." Chunji replied weakly probably because running around all day and starving for a couple of days. That was what L.Joe thought but Chunji being weak was because of another reason. 

A few days ago

Chunji was supposed to keep watch of any incoming attack while L.Joe was resting, they couldn't find anywhere to recover and the duo had no choice but to temporarily dwell in the alley rather than the dangerous streets. They found carton boxes which they could use as a shelter and build a small hiding place for the night. 

"L.Joe, I will keep watch tonight, have a good rest. I will wake you up if anything happens, ok?" Chunji told the younger male. L.Joe nodded and proceed to rest his tired body in the boxes. About an hour after L.Joe had fallen asleep, Chunji was also beginning to feel his eyes are going to close any moment but he jolted awake thinking about the place they are in right now. He slapped himself a few times to keep him awake but still, sleep manage to overcome him. 

What Chunji didn't realise was that there was something approaching him and bitten him on his left arm. The pain woke Chunji up and he tried not to scream to loud or else he might alert an entire horde. The disgusting creature had left a deep bite mark and quickly, Chunji took out his pocket knife and jammed it into the throat of the zombie. Obviously using a gun at a time like this will tell their location away so the best weapon would be one without sound that would attract unwanted attention. 

The zombie's body was lying quite close to Chunji had to come up with a lie to tell L.Joe that a zombie came and he killed it. He didn't want to make the younger worried about his wound so he took out his first-aid kid and bandaged his wound to prevent infection. 

End of flashback

L.Joe was upstairs checking out the bedrooms while Chunji was secretly trying to clean up his wound that he had gotten a few days ago. He rolled up his sleeve and removed the bandage slowly hissing at the pain. The older male was too caught up with bandaging his injuries not noticing that L.Joe was behind him.

"When did this happen?" asked L.Joe with fear written all over his face. "Was it that night when you told me you killed the zombie? It attacked you,didn't it? Why didn't you tell me earlier! Why! After so long and I have to find it out myself the hard way?" L.Joe's voice was trembling and his eyes were soon getting teary. "I... I didn't have the courage to tell you. I was afraid you might be worried about me and I will get both of us in trouble..." Chunji voice was getting softer and softer at the end of the sentence. 

"Babe, I would of course get worried but telling me now, it's too late babe. The wound had already became infected." L.Joe's came closer to inspect the bite and clench his teeth seeing how bad the bite gotten. He took the bandage from the pink-haired and quietly cleaned the wound. Seeing how concerned L.Joe is, Chunji couldn't help but sobbed into his other hand. 

That night, both of them were sleeping on the sofa together. Chunji however was perspiring and groaning in pain, L.Joe wasn't able to get much sleep after thinking about Chunji's condition and he heard Chunji groaning, he went beside him and pushed the pink bangs away, slowly caressing his lover's forehead. "It's ok babe, I'm right here. I will forever be with you and always by your side" He whispered softly into Chunji's ears. 

L.Joe couldn't control his emotions and soon, tears were streaming down his face knowing that Chunji's time is going to be up and he will be left with two choices. One, is to kill Chunji so that he wouldn't become like one of those creatures that are lurking around outside. The other was to let him suffer and become one of the undeads. Both choices kills him as he neither had the heart to kill his lover nor see him turn into a zombie. 

Morning came and L.Joe was craddling Chunji in his arms not wanting to let go, Chunji stirred and slowly opened his eyes meeting the other's single-lidded ones. "Good morning" Chunji greeted with a warm smile although his condition is getting worse. "Morning babe" L.Joe replied and helped Chunji up. The silence in the air was so thick that neither of them could breathe. 

"Hey, I know i'm going to turn into one of the infected soon" Chunji spoke cutting the silence "And you, byung, will have to keep on going till you reach a safe place. I don't want to see you give up after i'm gone, the Lee Byunghun i know doesn't gives up so easily. Remember that i will always be by your side." After hearing Chunji, L.Joe was too choked up in his tears that he hugged Chunji so tightly and never wanting to let go. 

"You, Lee Chanhee, will always be my one and only even after you're gone." L.Joe wiped his tears away and kissed Chunji on his cheeks. Both of them were hugging each other till Chunji loosen his arms around L.Joe.

"Byung, you need to go now. If you stay here any longer, you would be in danger." Chunji pulled out of L.Joe's embrace. The younger male nodded obediently and started gathering his supplies, he took the gun out and handed it to Chunji. "Can i kissed you one more time?" L.Joe asked Chunji for permission and Chunji closed his eyes waiting for the kiss. L.Joe kissed Chunji's forehead and both of his cheeks and lastly, his lips. 

L.Joe didn't have the heart to shoot his lover right in the temple so Chunji had to do it himself. "Goodbye my love, hope we can meet again in our next lives." L.Joe gently Chunji's cheeks and took off without turning back. Chunji closed the door and went to the table where the gun was placed. Pulling the trigger, his last words were, "I love you byung." He closed his eyes and released the trigger, letting his body dropped onto the floor. 

L.Joe heard the gunshots and covered his mouth with his hands not believing that he's now all alone without his partner. He started travelling into the direction of the nearest army base which was about two days away since it is at the outskirts of the city. 

 

Goodbye my love...