Im dreaming ...

Sleepy head ~

 

“Asma, are you awake?”

Asma glances over, lips quirking already as she replies, “No, I was scrolling on my phone in my sleep. Are you awake?”

“No,” Enas mumbles, throwing an arm over her eyes. “I’m dreaming.”

“About what?” Asma asks, voice subdued as she plays along. She clicks her phone off, settling on gazing at Enas instead.

“About you, of course.”

Asma’s soft chuckles float through the room. It’s early, really early, and Asma is surprised the other is even awake. No one else is up, and Asma's just glad her aunt decided to bother her sisters last night and camped out over there, or else she’d probably throw a pillow at them for waking her up.

“Asma, come lie down with me.”

Asma raises an eyebrow, but doesn’t move. “There’s barely any room on your bed.”

“There’s always room for you.”

“Cute, but I don’t want to fall off.”

“I’d never let you fall.”

“So romantic, Princess.”

“Anything for you, heaven.”

Asma laughs again, shaking her head at the half-asleep girl across from her. She doesn’t know why, but she finds herself getting out of bed and taking a seat at the foot of Enas’s.

Enas peeks at her from underneath her arm. “Why are you sitting so far?” she mumbles, kicking her feet up. Her legs go flying onto Asma’s lap, who laughs and shoves them off, ignoring the pout on the other face as she does.

“There’s no room,” she repeats, eyes amused. Sleepy Enas is always interesting, more cute than usual, not that Asma has any complaints.

Enas doesn’t reply this time; instead, she just sits up, sticks her arms out, grabs Asma by the shoulder, and falls back down. Asma doesn’t bother putting up a fight, instead opting to unravel Enas’s arms once they’ve fell. Enas doesn’t let go easily, and Asma just sighs, rolling them over onto the side.

“What were you reading on your phone, heaven?” Enas mumbles, eyes still closed.

Asma glances over, admiring the curve of Enas’s jaw as she replies, “News, nothing interesting.”

“Are you sure you weren’t reading Kyusung fanfiction?” Enas asks, and even though her voice is heavy with sleep, it’s light with humor as well as she allows a chuckle to rumble through her chest as Asma elbows her lightly.

“That was once, and happened again.”

“Sure, sure,” Enas says as she stifles a yawn. “I’m sure you have pages bookmarked on your phone just for fanfiction.”

“Don’t mistaken me for you, Enas,” Asma teases.

“I’m more of a fanart person,” Enas hums, and Asma just laughs again. Enas grows quiet once more, sleep probably overpowering her, but Asma doesn’t mind. She’s okay with lying here for a moment longer with Enas, listening to her even breaths.

She misses this. It’s been a while since they had a morning to themselves since her aunt became their third roommate, and while Asma isn’t one to call herself sentimental, she admits that maybe these moments mean more to her than she’d ever let on. After all, Enas is special to her – always has been, since the moment they met and Enas, even as a blur in Asma’s previously bad eyesight, took Asma’s breath away as she watched each other get closer by the minute.

Asma allows her free arm – the one not crushed by Enas – to reach out and run its fingers through Enas’s blonde locks. The texture, much rougher now than before thanks to countless dyes She does, still reminds Asma of the first time they laid together in bed, Enas waking up after a bad dream and Asma waiting with her until she fell back asleep.

Asma is barely even paying attention as Enas rolls onto her side, eyes fluttering open to look at the younger.

“Asma.”

“Hmm?”

“Are we a thing?”

 

Asma blinks once before a soft smile emerges. “A thing?” she repeats.

“Yeah, like together.”

“So eloquent with your words, princess,” Asma hums, still running her fingers through the others’ hair.

“I’m sorry I’m not as good with words as you,” Enas replies, her own smile blooming at the sight of Asma’s.

“No, I’m glad you’re not like me; I couldn’t imagine bearing an entire monologue profession of your love,” Asma laughs quietly. “But a simple, ‘Will you go out with me?’ would have sufficed.”

“I don’t want you to go out with me though,” Enas murmurs, and Asma raises an eyebrow, smile never leaving her face. “I want you to stay at home with me. Cook for me, watch movies with me, make fun of me ..with me and photoshop ugly pictures with me, write fanfiction with me"–Asma wrinkles her nose at that. still allows a laugh to get through–” and sing to me. I just want you to be with me,Asma that eloquent enough for you?“

"You’re gross,” Asma replies.leaning  to peck Enas on the forehead.

“Is that a yes?” Enas asks with a goofy smile.

Asma doesn't answer instead she laces their fingers together and murmurs for Enas to go back to sleep. “Ask me again when you’re awake and not dreaming, princess.”

“Impossible,” Enas mumbles, already falling back into slumber. “Like I said, you are my dream.”

 

 

:END: