(_|_)

It Was Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

.

.

.

21:20

 

Okay.

 

Hyoyeon was probably still in the club, celebrating with her friends. Guy friends to be exact. Taeyeon put down the empty glass on the table roughly when she had the thought of it. She was never really fond of Hyoyeon hanging out with these type of people. The girl could have get herself drugged and being touched without minding it. Taeyeon was always overthinking about this. Whenever Hyoyeon informed her that the girl would be out with some friends, Taeyeon would always speculate first about these friends that Hyoyeon will be with. To her content, Hyoyeon was never bothered with her never ending questions before leaving. It was because Hyoyeon knew that Taeyeon was just worried for her as to show that Taeyeon really cared for her.  

 

.

.

.

21:21

 

Taeyeon dialled for Hyoyeon’s number when her worries overtaken her mind. It was going to be another long wait for her. Hyoyeon would always come home two or three hours before the Sun will rise. But that was for whenever the girl would go for parties or distressing in the club. Of course, Hyoyeon does not always go out at night that often anymore. Now that she and Taeyeon are in a relationship, she tried her best to balance her lifestyle. She wanted to make time for her girlfriend and also her friends whom her girlfriend is not fond of. She was totally okay with it though. Taeyeon is more of a homebody person while Hyoyeon is a contrast of her. But that was never a bother of their relationship. There are times where Taeyeon needed some time alone and Hyoyeon wanting to spend time with other people. Although sometimes, they showed their displeased about each other’s behaviour. Yet they always had a way to fix it with the strong love they have created with one another.

 

“Remember, your curfew is one o’clock.” Taeyeon said on the phone. Her lover replied something but she could not understand as the loud music that was playing in the background made her feel as if she was deaf. She could hear some laughter of guys too and it made her to boil. Yet, she calmed herself down when she remembered Hyoyeon’s vow of not flirting with the others but her. That jerk better keep their promise alive.

 

“Baby, I can’t hear you.”

 

“I said I love you, beautiful! Kekeke! I’ll be back soon, I promise!”

 

.

.

.

21:25

 

Taeyeon sighed a smile.

 

That was enough for her to know that Hyoyeon is keeping their promise. She responded back the same three words before ending the call. Now she has gone back to filling her stomach with warm water again. Her thoughts had brought her some elsewhere again when she glanced outside the window. There was a party going on at her neighbour’s home. She wanted to go but not without Hyoyeon. So she made an excuse to the neighbour who had come to invite her whom which she fibbed on, saying that she needed to finish her work project that was due tomorrow. Even if she felt bad for turning down the invitation, she was happy that she did not had to force herself to go alone since she heard loud music playing coming from next door. Loud music means a party with unknown dirty minded people everywhere. In that very moment, Taeyeon was thankful that Hyoyeon had told her how to differentiate the people and the music they are having fun with.

 

.

.

.

22:04

 

The device that was beside her coffee mug vibrated and it made Taeyeon to startle since it was a sudden. She put away the book she was reading as she picked up to see who had scared her and it turned out to be the lover whom she gave freedom for the night. Hyoyeon had texted her with an image attached to the message. She was asking whether she could join the group of pretty girls that were waving at her when the picture was taken. Frustrated at the sight of flirtatious fine looking women, Taeyeon replied back a denial with caps lock and a lot of exclamation marks. She knew Hyoyeon was just messing with her. But sometimes, the playful one’s teasing was just too much. She will never get enough of it though. When Hyoyeon had replied back with sweet words, Taeyeon’s heart softened. She realized that Hyoyeon was now bored as the messages kept on coming a few seconds after her replies.

 

“Yah,” Taeyeon decided to give a call again. “It doesn’t look like you’re having fun.”

 

The atmosphere had quiet down a bit even if there was still bass dropping music in the background. Taeyeon figured that Hyoyeon was sitting at a bar that was distant with the loud music. She heard Hyoyeon ordered another drink and it made her to sigh. A drunk Hyoyeon better not happen as she would not dare to drive at night just to go and pick up the girl at the club with people anywhere.

 

“What makes you think that I’m not having fun?”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “Well, you texted me and reply within seconds. Doesn’t that shows that you’re bored and ready to get out of there?”

 

“You wish.”

 

“I am.”

 

A laughter came through the phone.

 

“I want you here with me, Hyoyeonie.”

 

Silence.

 

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip and listened to the song that was playing there while waiting for the latter to reply. She heard Hyoyeon gulping on the drink that they had possibly just ordered.

 

“Let me finish my drink first, okay?–Hey, another two shots, please!”

 

“You’re not making yourself drunk, aren’t you?” Taeyeon rested her elbow on the table and buried her face in her free palm. “Don’t be like this.”

 

“Those were for my friends, baby. I promise.”

 

Taeyeon exhaled deeply and shared a silence with the caller. She was about to say something when all of the sudden she heard a stranger’s voice came through the line, calling for her Hyoyeon’s name.

 

“I’m sorry but she has to hang up now.”

 

“What the–”

 

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing–”

 

And the line went dead.

 

Taeyeon’s anger was rising. Someone was messing with her lover yet she made no intention of wanting to go out and beat the crap out of whoever the hell was that girl. She decided to call for Hyoyeon for a few times yet the girl was not answering. Sad at her results, she decided it was time for her to have her goodnight sleep. Only this night, it would not be a good one. Well, she hoped Hyoyeon would change it before she would visit her dreamland.

 

Where her worries were all gone and Hyoyeon would always be there.

 

.

.

.

00:21

 

Taeyeon’s sleep was disturbed. Goddamn it. Her neighbour was still having a party and the music was disturbingly loud. Unable to fall back asleep, she got up only to be realizing something. She noticed that the lights of her bedroom had gone out. The room was pitch black. She did not remember it being switched off since she was waiting for Hyoyeon. All she remembered was crying in the brightness of the cold room before drifting herself to sleep. Could it b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter