Let's Take Our Time

Let's Take Our Time - Leo

Two loud knocks came from your doorway, finishing off reading the sentence you were on, you looked up and turned your attention away from your books and up to your slightly adjured door.

“________, aren’t you going to come with us tonight?” Your roommate, Zoe, stood in the doorway outfitted in a little black leather skirt, black boots to match with a pastel top flaunting her curves and figure.

“I have a lot of homework, Zoe” You replied with a sigh leaving your lips, your eyes drifting back to your books as you tried to pick up where you left off.

“You have been studying for days” She whined, her hand resting on her hip lightly, “Why don’t you come and have fun for once and then I will help you study tomorrow.” Zoe enticed.

“Where are you going?” You questioned, wanting to get some more information before agreeing to anything.

“VIXX is having just a Friday night get together” She shrugged not making it seem like a big deal while she shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

“A-Ah I see…” You nodded your head in understanding, your eyes amlessly wandering over the page not even paying attention to the text like you should while your mind wondered off to someone you had been thinking about a lot lately.

“Leo will be there~” Zoe sang, almost reading your thoughts. You blinked a few times to snap yourself out of your thoughts of you and Leo.

“Come on you need to get out” She trotted over to you and tugged on your arm gently as you thought for a moment.

“Alright but I cannot stay past ten…” You told her as you spun your chair towards her.

“Perfect!” Zoe clapped her hands excitedly, pleased with your choice. Dropping your arm from her hold, she spun on her heels and skipped out of your room.

Sighing, you turned around to your books and got to a good stopping point before turning off your desk lamp. Padding over to your closet, you changed out of your comfy pajama pants for jeans and your long sleeved shirt for a comfortable yet stylish hoodie.

Turning around, you looked at yourself in the mirror hanging on the inside of your closet door. Your eyes moving over your reflection as you carefully undid your messy bun, shaking your head slightly, your hair fell perfectly over your shoulders. Feeling confident and comfortable, your headed out of your room and noticed Zoe and April waiting for you by the door.

“You two look a little over dressed for a Friday night get together” You remarked seeing their outfits.

“Dress to impress” April sang, running her hand over her casual yet short dress with cute Keds to match. Opening the door, you watched as your roommates happily skipped out of the apartment and into the hallway. Staying back a little, you closed and locked the apartment door before slowly walking after their lead.

Walking through the winding hallways of the complex, the three of you soon arrived at VIXX’s doorstep. Zoe and April fluffed their hair and made some final adjustments to their outfits as you walked up behind them. April rang the doorbell as you stood behind both of them, your fingers playing with the fabric cuffs of your sweatshirt as you were unsure of what was all going to happen tonight.

The door opened soon after with a smiling Hongbin greeting the three of you, “Hello ladies, come on in~”

Staying back a little, the two girls happily waved at Hongbin as they passed. Whispering a soft ‘thank you’ to Hongbin, he closed the door behind you as you slipped off your shoes and stepped inside. Your eyes scanned their apartment, it was all surprisingly clean and organized considering the amount of friends that they had over and the snacks that was spread across their island. Keeping your distance, you slid your hands into your packet in your jacket as your stayed around the perimeter of the group watching everyone else mingle.

Some time passed as everyone talked and caught their friends up on what has been happening in their lives. Eventually the conversations started to slowly settle down as Ravi and Hyuk got up from their spot on the couch and headed to the kitchen, watching them with curiosity, you watched them pull out a ketchup bottle from the fridge.

“Anyone want to play?” Ravi called loudly over the crowd, everyone turned their heads eventually to see Ravi holding up a ketchup bottle high in the air.

“Yes!” “Of course!” “We should have thought of that sooner!” Was heard in the crowd of people occupying the living room. The guys took the liberty of lifting the couches and setting them against the walls as the girls made sure that the space was clear and took their spots on the rug that covered the beautiful hardwood.

“Come join us, ____” Hyuk waved you over, noticing you were standing on the outskirts of the group. Nodding shyly, you walked over and sat on the rug with everyone else sitting in a large circle around the bottle

“What game is this?” You leaned over and asked Ken, who was sitting next to you.

“Spin the bottle” Ken answered, “Someone spins the bottle, the first person it lands on has to do something to the second person it points to” Ken explained quietly

“W-W-What sort of things?” You probed nervously, pulling your sweatshirt sleeves over your hands.

“Hugging, kissing, a dare sort of thing… usually” He shrugged his shoulders as a smile played on his lips. Nodding along, you turned your gaze to the bottle in the middle of the circle as Ravi started and it spun and slowed to a stop pointing to someone else in the circle.

Watching the bottle spin around, you lifted your eyes and looked around the circle at the players, your eyes eventually slowed to stop once they found that someone that you had your mind on, Leo. Feeling your head stop and your throat become tight, you watched him as the game continued, two people getting up and doing a silly dare before sitting back in their spot.

Leo shifted himself on the floor nervously as he his pink, beautiful lips. His eyes widened once the bottle finally pointed to him. Lifting his hand up, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously while his teeth slightly bit into his bottom lip.

“Leo, you get paired up with…” N smiled as he leaned forward and spun the bottle, your eyes dropped down to the bottle as it slowed to a stop, the cap pointed towards you.

“______!” N happily announced

“What should they do?” Ravi questioned as your roommates looked at one another, as you knew this couldn’t be good.

“Kiss!” Both of your roommates cheered together. Feeling your cheek instantly redden, you lifted yourself up off of the flood and made your way into the center of the circle as Leo met you there.

The two of you stood there for a little bit, trying to avoid each others gaze. Shifting your weight uneasily from one leg to another as the weight of all of the eyes around the circle fell upon the two of you.

“Just kiss her already” “We know you want to kiss her” The other members whined a little bit that the two of you were taking so long.

He looks over at you, his cheeks clearly flushed with blush as you look over at him and play with your sleeves. He his lips slowly and looks at your lips as you awkwardly start to move in. Leo shyly stepped closer to you as your eyes lifted up to meet his beautiful, deep, yet twinkling eyes. You dropped your eyes slightly anticipating the kiss, once the two of you were close enough. However, instead of the kiss you felt a rush of air, opening your eyes, you saw Leo trotting  away from you and out the backdoor. A sinking feeling began to settle in your gut as your eyes dropped to see the expressions of your friends sitting around you.

“Sorry…” You bowed to everyone, feeling sorry that you wasted their time. Stepping outside of the circle, you slowly walked to the closest wall and let your back lean up against the wall while you took deep breaths trying to calm your loud, thumping heart.

You watched the group play the game as some of them kissed each other, others had to give one another a piggy back ride or slip a candy from one person’s mouth to the other. Turning your head away from the group, you noticed Leo standing out on the balcony. Tilting your head slightly, you watched him in fascination, reading his body language as he shifted his weight, rubbed his neck, shook his head and watched him take large breaths and release them into the cooling air.

Gathering what courage you had left, you slowly maneuvered around the group of people and slipped out the back door quietly. Hearing the door open, Leo looked over his shoulder at you before you stepped outside with him. Returning his eyes back to the city skyline, he sighed quietly while his thumbs lightly tapped against the steel railing.

“Hey” You whispered as you walked over to him, acknowledging you with a little head nod you stood next to him. Leaning up against the railing, you felt the cool breeze brush across your warm cheeks while the lights of buildings collided with the lights of the stars.

“Sorry….” You remarked quietly, his eyes glancing over at you while turning his body slightly towards you.

“Don’t be” Leo slightly shook his head “ I’m the one who should be saying sorry…”

Not knowing what to say next, your hands rested on the railing feeling the cool metal seep through the fabric of your sweatshirt. Noticing the lights turning off inside, you turned your head out of instinct seeing the couches facing the large movie screen as the previews started to play.

“I guess they are watching a movie now” You whispered, Leo turned his head hearing you.

“I guess so… I wonder what movie they are watching” You muttered softly, feeling like you were walking on egg shells around him.

“You can go watch if you want, I am going to stay out here a little longer” He replied with a kinder, softer tone than you usually hear from him. Nodding your head slightly, you waited a moment longer before turning and heading towards the door.

“Hey…. _______?” Leo’s voice pierced the night air, while you stopped dead in your tracks.

“Yes Leo?” You turned around slightly, not wanting to show too much enthusiasm that he knew your name.

“Did I hurt your feelings because I didn’t kiss you?” Leo brushed his fingers across the cool railing while his eyes locked with yours.

“A little…” You told him honestly, “But don’t worry it isn’t the first time” You tried to not make it a big deal.

“I didn’t mean to not kiss you…. I just… well…” Leo stumbled a little with his words, his heart beating faster and with no words coming to mind, he his lips nervously before sliding his hands into his pockets. “I would rather kiss you on our own time then peer pressure…”

“What do you mean?” You tilted your head slightly, unsure of what he was getting at.

“I mean… I don’t want to be pressured by anyone to do something that we aren’t ready for.” Leo tried to explain, “I would rather we go on dates and get to know each other and take our time then kiss rather than kiss just because they said so…”

“You want to kiss me?” You questioned, starting to go into a little shock by his words

“I want to do a lot of things with you, but first I just want to be your friend and take you out on a date, is that okay?” Leo slowly took a step towards you as you looked up into his eyes.

“I would love to go on a date with you” A smile curled on your lips as you replied to him.

“How about tomorrow night? We can go see the boat races on the Han river tomorrow, if you are up for that sort of thing…” Leo proposed

“That sounds like a lot of fun~” You nodded, not being able to contain your happiness.

“Good” He nodded his head, a smile pulling on the corner of his lips, “Do you want to go inside and watch the movie? We could sit next to one another if you wanted”

“That would be wonderful Leo” You watched him open the door for you as you headed inside.

Closing the door behind him, he walked over to the open couch with you as he pulled a blanket over once the two of you were comfortably sitting in the cushion. Laying the blanket across your legs and his, he watched the movie with you as the two of you moved closer and closer to one another during the movie.