FINAL

This Park At 4am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At 4am, I find myself wandering out my house to the park where we first met 4 years ago. Why do I always return to this place at the exact same time? I would say my heart is hurting but I've been feeling numb since the day you left.  I haven't been eating either, the fridge is empty and so is my heart.

My mind is replaying our memories, the bad ones and the good ones. But I've realised we had more bad ones and I'm not surprised by that.

This park holds our deepest memories. We met here, loved here, fought here and ended here.

It's ironic how we started off here but we called it quits here too; well, you did. You told me I wasn't good enough, told me you've found another, told me you've stopped loving me a long time ago but you didn't have to because I knew.

I know how I'm not good enough for a bad boy like you. I fell for a sweet that turned bitter. I'm just a depressed guy who happened to bump into you at this park 4 years ago at 4am. You were way too good for me but I fell for you anyway and you apparently did the same. Lies.

I know you've found another because I sensed it. I felt the way you kissed me was just to fulfill your lusts. The light in your eyes whenever you'd see me had disappeared completely and it left me wondering who makes it glisten for you this time.

I smelt you're clothes after you came home from 'work'. They didn't smell of you or me, they probably smelt of him.

I heard your conversations with your 'best friend'. "I love you Tae baby, goodnight, I have to go, I think Jimins back."

But don't they say friendship is a cover for something bigger. Something like love. Your 'best friend' was you're better lover and obviously the one you chose.

I know you've stopped loving me from the day you starting 'working extra hours' at work. You're not the type of guy who works and works till you come back home with messy hair and ed shirts. I didn't think you'd be the type of guy to cheat either but I guess for once... You proved me wrong.

Whenever you'd text me, "I'm sorry my honey, I can't make it to our date today." I'd glance away from the scene you'd display.
You held him tight in your arms whilst I'd be on the other side of the glass window where you told me to go on our date. Like the rain, I cried and I cried but still, calling my tears a 'storm' would be an understatement.

When I made sure you and him were gone, I stepped out the restaurant and walked home until i noticed your car parked at our driveway and clothes thrown on the hallway floor; that was always my sign to leave the house. I knew from the day on that you was no longer who I thought you'd always be. But foolishly, I didn't leave you because love had taken over me.

Do you know where I'd go after leaving the house? Back to our bench where we first met and where we ended it. And I'd stay there till 4am.


My feet stop walking in front of our bench. I haven'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter