ONE

Him

Taekwoon rested his head against the shoulder of one of his best friends who started petting his hair.

“Are you okay, hyung?” The slightly short one asked. He could feel trough his shoulder how the older one shook his head. “Is it about Jaehwan hyung again?” Then he felt a nod.

“I talked to Hakyeon, and he… He…” Taekwoon’s voice was quieter than usual but anyway the younger one was able to hear him. “Hakyeon said that I should confess.” Taekwoon separated his head from his friend to be able to look at him in the eyes. “What should I do, Hongbin-ah?

Hongbin tensed a little. “I don’t know what to say, Hyung. If you were to do it because Hakyeon hyung is pushing you, then don’t” The younger one said seriously; a few seconds later his expression softened and Hongbin looked at his friend with empathy. “But if you feel ready, then nothing it’s stopping you from doing it” Taekwoon eyes expressed how uncomfortable he felt with the idea, so Hongbin took his hand and squeezed it softly to show him he would be there to support him and getting the older to draw a small smile with his lips.

Words were not usually needed between them. Just by a light touch and looking at each other eyes was enough to communicate.

“Thank you, Hongbin-ah”

 


 

The next day, Taekwoon walked around the school campus looking for Jaehwan. He passed trough the spot where he and his friends usually hang out; there he found Wonsik and Hakyeon being as lovey-dovey as always.

It took them some time to realize the quiet boy was in front of them.

The older one stopped caressing his boyfriend’s cheek to look and greet at their friend. “Hi, Taekwoon-ah”

“Have you seen Jaehwan?” For a moment Taekwoon wasn’t sure if he should have made his question with the younger one there, but after what he was planning to do, Wonsik would get to know about his secret anyway.

Hakyeon expression was kind of surprised. “So he is actually going to follow my advice,” He thought. “I met him this morning. He said he was heading to the art classroom because there was a painting he wanted to finish today” Wonsik said, ignoring the fact that his boyfriend was deep inside his thoughts.

“Thanks” Taekwoon said after heading to where his crush was.

That was when Wonsik noticed the older one being distracted. “Hakyeon hyung?” He called while poking the other’s getting him back from his thoughts and also managed to get a moan coming trough his lips.

Hakyeon covered his attacked and gave a soft glare to his boyfriend. Wonsik smirked.

“Now that I have your attention; why is Taekwoon hyung looking so nervous?” Wonsik asked. “He is going to confess” Answered the older.

Wonsik analyzed what Taekwoon said, and when realization came to him, his eyes widened. “I don’t understand. I mean, he was looking for Jaehwan hyung”

Hakyeon understood very well why his boyfriend reacted that way, but anyway he had to answer with what Taekwoon confirmed. “Because Jaehwan is the one Taekwoon likes, Wonsik-ah”

Wonsik still looked very confused over what he just heard. “Jaehwan hyung? But I thought the one he likes…”

“I know what you are going to say” Hakyeon interrupted the younger one and then sighed. “I thought the same until the day I forced him to tell me who was his crush”

 

Taekwoon was really close of going crazy. “Come on, Taekwoon-ah. Tell me who. If you do, then I will stop bothering you over it”

Hakyeon has been following him the last few days trying to make him say who is the one he likes. “Leave me alone, Hakyeon. I think that you will become even more annoying after telling you” The older one pouted over what Taekwoon said.

Hakyeon took Taekwoon by the shoulder and placed his free right hand over his heart. “I swear over my love for banana milk and Wonsik that I won’t be like that. I know that I’ve been really annoying lately, but I really want you to tell me because that way I will feel a 100% trusted by you”

The slightly younger one sighed. Hakyeon really knows how to get what he wants. “I like Jaehwan”

He was expecting for Hakyeon to start jumping here and there excited over him having a crush on one of his friends, but Hakyeon’s squeals never came, showing a really surprised face instead.

Hakyeon wasn’t expecting that. “Did he said Jaehwan or I misheard him,” he thought.

Taekwoon started getting worried when the other took so long to react. “Hakyeon-ah” He called while snapping his fingers between them.

Hakyeon finally came back after giving up in organizing his thoughts. He sighed. “Sorry. Well… I… I wasn’t expecting you to say that.” The older said in a sad whisper that Taekwoon was able hear. “Then what did you expected me to say?” Taekwoon asked.

Hakyeon shook his head and slapped softly both of his cheeks with both hands before hooking his arm with Taekwoon’s. “It doesn’t matter. Let’s go for some coffee and cake. I’m starving.”

 

“I can’t still get over it.” Wonsik said. Then his expression saddened and he continued talking. “I mean, I even got kind of happy when he said he was going to confess, but that was because I thought the one he liked was someone else”

Hakyeon took his boyfriend’s hand on his and showed a sad smile that matched Wonsik’s expression. “It seems that I wasn’t the only one thinking that way; you know, about what we thought was a bilateral love it’s actually a one-sided one. If Taekwoon’s confession succeeds and our other friend gets hurt, I will feel guilty because I’m the one that told Taekwoon that he should confess.” Hakyeon said sadly.

Wonsik put his arms around his boyfriend giving him a comforting hug. “Don’t worry, hyung. Maybe we are also wrong about it and he doesn’t like Taekwoon hyung”

Hakyeon nodded and sighed. Taekwoon’s confusing love life had always made him sigh since the day he found out the latter liked Jaehwan.

 


 

As Wonsik said, Jaehwan was inside the art classroom.

Taekwoon felt as if his lungs stopped working just by thinking on what he was about to do. “If I’m like this right now, I don’t want to think how I will get through my confession,” he thought. He breathed as best as he could and got into the room.

Jaehwan twitched a little over the door being open; he wasn’t expecting someone to go at the room before classes, especially Taekwoon who wasn’t involved with a single drawing class-because the older at drawing. “Good morning, hyung!” The younger greeted with a lot of energy as always. Taekwoon closed the door and took some steps until he was between this and Jaehwan. That was when the latter noticed how nervous his hyung looked. “Is there something wrong?” Jaehwan asked while tilting his head a little to the right.

Taekwoon swallowed hardly; it was now or never. “Jaehwan-ah” The younger kept staring at Taekwoon in the same position; the later felt how sweaty were becoming the palm of his hands. “I…Well…” He felt as if his lungs were on fire and his vocal chords were broken. Taekwoon knew that confess was going to be hard, but not to the point were he felt like fainting.

“Hyung, if you actually don’t feel like telling me what’s happening, then it’s okay, don’t force yourself” Jaehwan said after noticing how much his hyung was struggling inside his mind.

Jaehwan words lifted a weight from Taekwoon’s shoulders; he inhaled and exhaled slowly and deeply. “I like you, Jaehwan-ah” He finally confessed with a shy and small smile while looking in the other’s eyes.

It took Jaehwan around a minute to analyze what Taekwoon just said. “Is he kidding me?” he thought while a very confused expression appeared on his face. Taekwoon didn’t expect that the other would take so much time to react, but anyway it was a better reaction that be rejected.

“Hyung” Jaehwan finally spoke slowly, confused expression still on his face. “Are you sure?”

“Sure?” Taekwoon didn’t understand why would Jaehwan ask that; he thought the younger would ask something like if he was joking around or since how long he felt that way, but not about if he was sure about his feelings. “Yes. I am sure” The older answered seriously. “Does it bother you?”

“No, no, no. It’s not that, it’s just…” Jaehwan tried to excuse himself rapidly, but Taekwoon interrupted. “Then let’s date, Jaehwan-ah. Be my boyfriend”

Jaehwan was speechless. He didn’t want to repeat himself by asking Taekwoon again if he was sure about it. Then he started processing the fact that Taekwoon wanted to date him; he didn’t feel the same way as the other, but he actually didn’t dislike him either. “Well, maybe if we start dating he will realize his true feelings”, Jaehwan thought. “Okay, hyung. Let’s… Let’s date”

Taekwoon felt really happy, but he thought that Jaehwan’s answer would have made him happier than how he actually felt.