1/1 Epilogue

Something Like Love: Epilogue

            “How do you take a dinosaur’s temperature?”

            “Use a six-foot-long thermometer.” Chanyeol answered.

            Chanyeol is in the living room of their house while sitting on the floor. Kris on the other hand, was helping Daehan with his English homework. Chanyeol is having a battle of the brains with dinosaur enthusiast-slash-Einstein Minguk. Manse is sitting on the floor beside them, playing with Kris' phone.

            He and Kris are married for five years now. A year after their marriage, they decided to adopt. They were supposedly going to adopt Daehan but they don’t have the heart to separate him from his brothers so here’s the result. Three adorable kids that completes their family. At first it is so difficult to have three kids because of sleepless nights and constant cries but eventually, they got the hang of it.

            At first, he and Minguk were just talking about the topic about the Jurassic era because his son has an exam tomorrow when the 4-year old kid suddenly became bored and bombarded him with questions about dinosaurs. But no matter how irrelevant the questions of his son are, he has to answer it all because Kris is watching him. He had to impress him with his wit. Chanyeol grinned at the thought.

            “Appa, how would you tell if a dinosaur is a meat-eater or not?” Minguk asked.

            “I will lie down on his plate.”

            “But the dinosaur will eat you, Appa.” Manse piped, looking at him with teary eyes.

            Uh-oh. “Don’t worry, Manse-ah. The dinosaur can’t eat Appa because Baba will protect him, right?” Chanyeol looks expectantly at his husband who is hiding his grin.

            “Of course, baobei. Baba will protect Appa. And also Daehan, Minguk, and Manse.”

            Chanyeol gave his husband a smile.  

            “What’s worse than a dinosaur in your bathtub?”

            “Two dinosaurs in your bathtub.” Chanyeol softly poked Minguk’s chubby cheek. “Any more questions, Einstein?”

            Minguk thinks for a while, then shook his head. He resumed reading his book.

            Manse picked up Daehan’s crayon and drew on the couch’s satin white cover. “Manse, no!” Kris stood and picked up Manse who is laughing and squirming in Kris’ hold.

            “I’m just going to draw a dinosaur, Baba. Because our couch has no design.”

            Daehan and Minguk picked up crayons too. “I’m going to design too!” The two said.

            Kris puts down Manse and tries to get the crayons from Daehan and Minguk. But Manse gets another crayon and tried to draw on the couch. Kris tries to take the crayons but the triplets took it as a sign that he was playing with them. The triplets now start to cling on Kris’ back as they are squealing in delight.

            Chanyeol just watched his family, with a smile on his lips. Who would have thought that his arranged marriage with a man that he barely know—even accused him as a conman before—will result in this crazy but beautiful mess?

            He decides to interfere, seeing Kris’ poor state with their sons.

            “Okay, who wants snacks?”

            “Me!” The triplets detached themselves from Kris, giving the other guy a chance to breathe.

            “All right. But let your Baba rest first, okay?” Chanyeol stood up. “I’ll just prepare our snacks.”

            “Yes, Appa!” The three said and played with their toys.

            Kris stood up and walked towards him. Then he encircled his arms on Chanyeol’s waist. “Thank you for saving me.” Kris gave him a peck on the lips. “What will you cook for our snack?”

            Chanyeol can’t help but adore his husband. He looked so cute and adorable. His hair is messy due to the kids, as well as his shirt. But despite that, he still looks good. Chanyeol thought that he couldn’t be looking at a more handsome man in the world at that moment.

            “Chanyeol.” Kris said, with a smile on his lips. “I said, what will you cook for our snack?”

            “What do you want?”

            “We should prepare what the kids want. If we haven’t prepared anything within thirty minutes, they will wreak havoc on our living room.

            “Don’t worry. I’ll make an easy, three-step snack within fifteen minutes.” Chanyeol boasted while walking towards the kitchen. “And if it’ll be late by just five minutes, you will have a bonus.”

            “Interesting. How will you do that?”

            “Watch me.” Chanyeol picked up the phone beside him and dialed a number. “Dial, order…” He ordered a family-sized pan pizza. After ordering, he returned the phone at the receiver and smiled at Kris. “And wait. Easy, isn’t it?”

            Kris pecked Chanyeol’s nose. “You’re really unique, Chanyeol.”

            “I know. That’s why you married me, right?”

            “Excuse me, it was an arranged marriage.”

            Chanyeol slapped Kris’ arm. “Hey! But you said you fell in love with me the moment you saw me on the hotel before our wedding!”

            Kris laughed and trapped Chanyeol in his arms. “I was just kidding, Yeol. I love you and the kids so much.”

            “I love you too, Kris.”

            They were about to kiss when they hear a shriek from the living room. They immediately moved away from each other and went to the living room.

            They saw the kids drew different sizes and colors of dinosaurs on their couch. “Look, Appa, Baba, we drew dinosaurs!” Daehan said and flashed them an innocent smile as he waved his blue crayon.

            “This is tyrannosaurus.” Minguk excitedly pointed on a red dinosaur that he drew and imitated the said dinosaur by making hand gestures and growling. “Raaaawrrrr!”

            “And this one is a stegosaurus.” Manse pointed on his own artwork using his green crayon. “Isn’t it beautiful, Appa, Baba?”

            Kris looked at their sons in disbelief. “You rascals! What did I say about the couch? You have three seconds to run before I tickle you.” Kris said and jokingly made an angry face.

            “No!” Daehan, Minguk and Manse shrieked and ran in different directions.

            “Don’t let Appa catch you too!” Chanyeol said. Then he looked at Kris. “Ready?”

            Kris matched his grin. “Yeah.”

            Laughs and squeals filled their house as they ran and try to catch their sons.

 

-----------------------------

Holy Krisus. 1,010 words of pure domestic fluff. I have decided to make the Song triplets as  Kris and Chanyeol's son because there are no words to describe how adorable they are! 

tumblr_nca2lljV371qi92llo3_r2_500.gif

uHY9Ohz.gif

Aren't they adorable? ;)