The name's Lee Sungyeol

Bye, bye ordinary life

He was lying at the bottom of the tree, barely breathing.

The lump in his throat got even bigger as he hear a quiet noise.

It had been a bad idea to go that deep into the woods.

All alone, at night.

He knew there was something off with this place.

The whole village had seemed strange from the very first day he'd stepped foot into it.

He was smart so he quickly discovered what was wrong.

The woods held supernatural creatures and some of them even lived in the village or payed it a visit from time to time.

Of course he didn't believe it at first and thought his mind was playing tricks on him but who could deny the existence

of paranormal beings when they basically stood right in front of you?

His first encounter wasn't dangerous, however, just a bunch of gnomes.

They weren't exactly friendly and he was sure that they were mightier than they looked but he just promised to never cross that part

of the forest again and they let him go.

After that he started striding through the woods, searching for more of these creatures.

Looking back now, it wasn't his best idea.

The noises he'd heard had vanished but that made him even more nervous.

He wanted to scream, to run but his body was too weak and his throat wouldn't make a sound besides from the small whimpers

that escaped his lips from time to time.

It was quiet now.

All that was heard was his heavy panting and the suffocating silence of the forest.

He had to stay awake.

If he fell asleep he would surely die.

But the aching of his body, the burning and the numbness made it difficult for him to keep his eyes open.

Suddenly the death-silence got interrupted by a loud noise, followed by a bright light.

He had to close his eyes because the once pitch black forest was now illuminated by a strange white light.

Then everything was quiet again.

The light dimmed down until he was surrounded by blackness once again but he didn't dare to open his eyes, afraid of the mere thought

of what he might see if he opened them.

"Come on, kid, open your eyes. I ain't got all day."

His eyes shot open.

There in front of him floated a male in the air, about his age he'd say.

He wanted to ask the stranger who he was, where the light came from, what he was doing here, if he could help him, why he was flying,

so many questions shot through his head making his headache even worse and he groaned at the pain.

"Slow there, kid." The man chuckled. "You've got so many questions in your mind it's hard to pick one!"

He was confused, he hadn't said anything how could this guy know there were questions he wanted to ask?

Then again, his face probably screamed for answers.

Now the man laughed.

"Cute. You're really cute. The name's Lee Sungyeol and I guess you had a death wish?" He laughed again.

"Just kidding. I know who you are, Myungsoo."

To say Myungsoo was scared wasn't nearly enough.

"Aw, come on, kid. I ain't that scary. Don't you think I'm handsome?" Sungyeol asked, posing.

As Myungsoo didn't answer Sungyeol pouted slightly.

"Fine. To answer at least a few of your questions. The light came from me as I materialized in this world and I'm here

because I thought it might be fun. I fly cause I can. And I could help you if I wanted to."

Myungsoo finally found his voice again.

It was barely a whisper but of course Sungyeol heard it.

"H-How do you know my name?" He coughed.

Even that small sentence was tiring and he feared he really would pass out.

"Oh, I know a lot of things." The flying guy replied with a smirk.

"Everything you can imagine and more."

Then he frowned.

"Hey, kid, don't die on me. I didn't come all the way here to see you dying. Though that might be fun as well."

"You're insane..." Myungsoo choked out.

"Sure I am, what's your point?"

Myungsoo tried to fight back the dizziness but the forest started spinning and his eyes fell shut.

Sungyeol sighed.

"Now I have to save that kid..."

Blinking rapidly Myungsoo sat up.

"How did I get here..." He wondered as he took in the unfamiliar room.

He remembered being chased by those monsters he'd found.

He remembered being badly injured.

He remembered being barely breathing and lying at the ground.

Then there was blackness, nothing to grasp on.

"Look who woke up."

Myungsoo's head shot towards the voice.

"You..!"

And everything came back.

The weird noise, the bright light, the strange guy - Sungyeol, his pass-out.

"Did... Did you save me?" He asked uncertainly.

Sungyeol grinned.

"You could say that but then again I'll ask for a favor in return so it's more of a deal, right?"

As Myungsoo didn't say anything Sungyeol sighed.

"Look, kid. I saved your life so you do a favor for me. Easy as this."

Just then Myungsoo realized that he didn't feel as wrecked as he should.

"Ah, right, right. I healed you. Well, not completely but the worst injuries. You wouldn't have survived otherwise, I guess,

and after all the trouble I went through to get here I want to have at least a little fun."

Sungyeol paused for a while before he added, "And you're an important factor for that fun."

But Myungsoo didn't even hear that.

He was still dizzy and after the 'I healed you' part he kind of stopped listening to ponder whether this all made sense and could be.

But upon realizing that the forest was full of mysterious things he remembered that he didn't even know who - or rather what -

he had to deal with now.

"Wait. Wha--" Myungsoo started but got interrupted almost immediately.

"What I am?" Sungyeol chuckled.

"That's rude, don't you think, kid? I'm a human! Well, no, not quite but a person. In your language I'm called demon, I guess."

He added with a shrug.

Myungsoo could just stare with his mouth slightly agape.

The demon grinned at him.

"I've been watching you meat-sacks for a while already and thought it might be fun trying it so I built a human-vessel for myself

and you're the lucky human-being I will learn from."

This was too much.

Even for a 23 year old man who knows about mysteries and all of this stuff.

"Huh... Seems like those meat-sacks are quite weak..." Sungyeol said, frowning as Myungsoo fell back on the bed, passed out once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So first chapter... I tried something new ^-^

This idea just crossed my mind and I had to write it down.... Is it okay? xD