He Won't Tell

The Secret


I am so clueless of why I am here.  I don’t really know who invited me but it is pretty obvious that I am in the middle of a costume party for Halloween. I have always planned to wear my university uniform just in case something like this happens, and yes I am perfectly reflecting my vision at this moment.

I walked around to look for someone, anyone with a familiar face that I can stick to. I will be awkward the whole night for sure staring at the floor and avoiding their eyes for any friendly conversations. I am a social introvert. My private space will be forever mine unless someone close to me is here to save me from this tragedy.

The exit is nowhere to be found so I thought using the entrance might be just the same thing. I headed towards the empty hallway and was totally stunned to see a very familiar silhouette entering the hall. He is walking slickly on silver grey suit and a sling bag was strapped on his chest just like in a drama that I have watch not too long ago. His long hair was styled with the usual old school feel of ‘Meteor Garden’ with its golden brown shades. He kept rubbing his pointed nose with the back of his index finger and cringe its bridge from time to time.

From a very far distance, it quickly became narrower as he took his long strides towards me; he greeted me that alluring gaze of an actor. I know him – who would not recognize the only statue of David who’s able to shake you with his burning appeal to deliver your heart on a cardiac arrest?

As expected, I was breathless.

He took the arm chair in front of me and there he was sitting like his character in Super Rookie. His hands cupped his handsome face fixed with a set of puppy eyes. I don’t know what to say. Everybody’s staring at us and I am solely looking at him with a chaos inside my weak heart.

“Op – Oppa .” I croaked.

“Hmm?” Eric Oppa pouted his lips while probing with his usual simple response.

I hate it. He is not helping at all.

“What are you doing here?” I tried to act like we were close. I know the two possible things that can happen after my stupid question, one; he will be kind enough to acknowledge me and go with the flow and two; he will be honest and let all of the people know that he does not know me personally.

WHY DID I EVEN? Yes, I lost all my rationality. I can’t help it.

“To attend the party of course.” He said shortly with a smile blended with his exotic charisma. His eyes can speak sneakily towards me. He knows I am putting up a bluff.

“Why did you wear that then?” I pointed at his get up and I want to be specific with his hair. I am not a fan of his hair style to be very honest. I love him neat and clean. I love to see his smooth forehead.

He looked at me with his innocent eyes and he smirked with that crooked smile that will make your insides melt with warmth like that of the epic lava oozing out of a volcano.

He held my left hand and squeezed it tightly against his. I can feel my bone losing its grip on my shoulder, I almost thought it is detachable since it became numb because of that electrifying sudden contact of our skins, rubbing in between – so overwhelming.

“So I should remove this then?” Eric Oppa said casually and he gets rid of his authentic wig with his free hand and just threw it on the floor just to reveal his perfectly brushed up hair.

Now he looks like a perfect CEO who’s still holding my hand while I am still out of my league. People are looking and he is not even affected.

I twisted my hand and pulled it off from his. This kind of too much is not right for me. I don’t want to die here just like this. He let go but his eyes are still fixed on mine.

“What were you up to these days?” I tried to act cool. I was desperate to escape his momentum.

“Other than making bracelets? I am working on something bigger.” He leaned back to his chair and removed the strap of the bag which is hugging the front of his visibly manly chest. Eric Oppa resumed from cupping his face on both of his hands and decides to act cute all over again.

I am flabbergasted. I don’t know what to say next.

“Do you want to know what it is? Aren’t you curious?” He offered freely.

“If I say yes, would you let me know?” I told him boldly. I cringed upon my shameless act.

“Come closer.” He gestured with his right hand for me to bend nearer to his face and his left hand is already halfway covering the side of his face for a pending whisper.

NO. I can’t – but I, want. Should I? I am so scared like this will be the end of my life.

I bent closer; I can see his face zooming in front of me. I can feel my heart ripping its way out of my ribs. It was pounding crazily that I am already feeling dizzy. My breathing is so unstable now that our faces are of the same level. Our cheeks are closer than half an inch. Can I even survive to hear his deep husky voice directly speaking to my ear?

I can feel him giggling as I get closer. My peripheral vision is so wobbly and he turned his head towards me only to say –

“It’s a secret my bunny.” He was laughing in between. He is having fun. He likes it when I go blank over his impeccable gravity. He got me. He won me back.

My blood rush made me distance myself from him but he grabbed my arm to steady me close to him, the proximity depended on his preference and now I am back to that half an inch space mark – almost cheek to cheek again.

He stood from his seat and brushed my hair with his right hand while his left hand is still locked, tightly wrapped around my wrist – preventing me from running away.

“Oppa –  ” I tried to find the right words to let him know that this is making me lose my sanity.

“Shhh.. Not now. This is the only time I can protect you. Act naturally, if I hug you – hug me back.” He whispered above my head and without any warnings, he wrapped me with his arms and I – I just did not have any moment of hesitation and hugged him back. Not because he told me to, but because I know to myself that I missed him so much.

My face was buried on his stone rock chest. I can strongly smell the scent of his nostalgic musk perfume blended with a fading nicotine trace, I am hyper-ventilating with all the surging emotions that I am feeling. I tried to gasp for air to breathe properly and upon doing so, I got the chance to peek in on his side and I almost flinched in shock.

We were surrounded with zombies all along. OH MY GOD.

I turned to him again while trembling, I am no longer hugging him – I am almost clinging in despair.

“Andya! GO AWAY. She’s mine already. Look how scared my bunny is.” I heard him shout firmly.

“Eeey, Hyung – this is not fair! I almost had her tonight to join my camp.” I heard that familiar deep speaking voice from the crowd of creepy zombies, Andy Oppa came out like a prince. He was on a black suit with his puppy hair complimenting his very cute expression of disappointment. He does not look like a zombie at all but it seems that the zombies are obeying him.

“Look for another princess then, I’ll be taking her to my castle tonight. There’s a banquet waiting for her already. You may join us and your crew as well if you’d like. She’s good at getting lost these past few days it was a good thing that I have a GPS tracking device installed in her bracelet.”

I looked at my wrist and saw an orange paracord bracelet already strapped on it. When did he even put that? He is so tricky as usual.

“I know Hyung, Junjin told me about it that she’s been with him recently then she disappeared while they are in the middle of playing hide and seek in the forest. It was a good thing that Dongwan Hyung informed me that she’s been in his house too yesterday and gone missing after asking her to pick herb ingredients for his medicines. That is why I had an idea that she will be coming here soon. Your bunny does not have a sense of direction. Hahaha! I don’t have any plans of returning her if you came here late.” Andy Oppa even knew that fact.

“I know. That is why I am here to take her back. Bring Hyesungie with you when you go to my place, he won’t answer my phone calls; the signal underwater might be not so good. Minwoo is on his way riding a taxi and his pack is following close behind while Dongwanie is riding his antler with erb treats. Junjin is already there playing with his dragon pets. See you there. ” Eric Oppa said quickly and feathers started to burst from his back and turned into huge wings resembling that of an angel only that is it pitch black.

We were flying above the clouds in no time. He was carrying me and I am surprised that I am not afraid of falling at all, it should be freezing cold up in the air but his warmth is keeping me comfortable.

“You lost our couple bracelet last month. Don’t ever do that again, I am just lucky that I searched there first. Its main purpose is not only to locate you but it holds our promise that you belong to me. When you lost it, your memories with me are gone as well – therefore they can own you by chance.” He said sincerely.

By that time, I remembered everything about us. Everything about him being my first love, everything but not his true identity – I think I should start with his wings.

“What are you?” I asked bravely.

He held me closer to whisper.

“It’s a secret.” Eric Oppa said that briefly with an absolute amused face and ended his statement with a roaring laughter.