Chapter One

Subject of My Dreams

     

      The pale, blossoming woman sat in front of the vanity that she has had since she was a babe.  She watched the servant's tanned hands work her chocolate brown hair into a fancy bun that matched the baby blue dress she had on.  The dress was embroidered with the same color, but pastel pink flowers were sewn into the bosom of the dress.  She looked down at her lap, her delicate fingers played with the fabric of her dress and she let out a nervous sigh.  This was the first time her step mother, the Queen, had invited her to have dinner with the rest of her family.  Cecilia knew of her other siblings, Minhee and Miyoung, but she has never seen them in person.  When the family went out, she'd roam the halls and see portraits of her twin half-sisters and her step mother.  She never saw her father since he had disowned her once her mother found out she was with child.  Cecilia's mother was a prisoner from another country, Romania to be exact, and became a servant for the Song family.  The King and her mother had fallen in love.  One thing led to another and her mother ended up pregnant with Cecilia.  Cecilia's mother was executed after she was no longer needed for Cecilia's survival.

Cecilia was raised by the female servants and scarcely by her step mother.  All she did was study and learn how to sew.  Cecilia had many talents, but what was most striking of her at first sight was her beauty.  Since her father is Korean and her mother was Romanian, she came out as a gorgeous child.  Her hair was a lighter shade than her half siblings bore and her bone structure was smaller.  Cecilia was beautifully porportioned, which was also the help of corsets as well.  Though she did look like her father from what she was told that she had his eyes and the nose was a little similar to his.  Everything else was her mother.

"You look lovely, madam." One of the young servants complimented, also interuppting Cecilia's train of thought.

Cecilia looked up and well, the young servant was right.  They painted her lips red and the rest of her make up was simple, but elegant.

"I have fetched the shoes you asked for, madam." The second servant got on her knee, offering the shoes to the bastard princess.

"Thank you, Hana." The young girl smiled, watching the servant slip the white shoes onto her delicate feet.

There was a knock on the door before the double doors opened to show Cecilia's step mother gliding in, "darling, you look gorgeous." She approached the vanity and grabbed Cecilia's small hands, standing her up. "The king can't make it tonight, but he left it in my hands to tell you what he wanted to inform you about and sends his congratulations.  It'll just be the twins and I accompanying you on your birthday."

"Yes, Your Grace." Cecilia wasn't dissapointed, she almost expected that.

Later that evening, Cecilia was brushing out her waist-length hair and she was humming a lullaby that one of the servants sang to her when she was barely starting to walk.  She was stripped to just a slip and her corset was off.  She placed down her brush and sighed, staring at herself before she saw something standing on her balcony just staring at her.  She turned around in her stool and saw nothing.  The girl strided to her balcony and pushed open the doors, walking out and looking around.  She swore she saw someone or something for that matter.  She walked backwards and shut the double doors, making sure it was locked.  She took a deep breath, putting her hand on chest.  

"What an odd day." Cecilia chuckled to herself, slipping into her bed and blowing out the candle stick by her bedside.

Cecilia opened her eyes to find herself laying on a cold stone.  She sat up and observed her surroundings.  Her breath hitched and her heart dropped to her stomach.  She was in a graveyard.

"I've been waiting for you." A voice mused, a hint of playfulness bounced within it.

The voice was deep, deeper than she has ever heard in her life.

"Who's there?" Her voice was dripping with anxiety and her heart was racing.

"Your pulse is racing, Cecilia." The voice was now right in her ear and she screamed, jumping up and turning around to see no one.  "Silly human."

She scanned the area before freezing in place when she heard a laugh behind her.  Cecilia turned slowly to see two red eyes staring into her own, like it was staring right through her soul.

The thing's fingers found her hair and brought it to it's nose, "you smell so good, darling."

She screamed and fell back onto the stone again, her dress snagging on sharp stone, "what are you?" She whimpered, staring up at the figure in front of her.

"Oh, I forgot.  I'm sorry." The thing brushed off it's coat, Cecilia now realizing how well dressed it was, "you've never seen a man before." The thing smiled, it had a gorgeous smile.

It finally struck her, this thing wasn't a thing.  It was a man. "L-last time I heard, men don't have those sharp teeth like a dog." She whispered, shocked by the fact she was staring at a man.

The man's face twisted into a look of disgust, "don't compare me to those beasts, but I'll forgive you this time."

Something struck her again, "you were on my balcony!" She pointed at him, standing up.

"Did I scare you?" The vampire jumped onto the stone, walking on it with his hands behind his back.

"That would be an understatement." Cecilia turned to look at him.

"You know, ladies usually hide themselves when a man sees her ankle, but here you are," he stopped and sat down, staring at him before continuing, "dressed in only a nightgown and not even shy about it."

She squeaked, her hands attempting to pull down her nightgown and she huffed, "I thought men were supposed to be gentlemen!"

The vampire let out a hearty laugh and shook his head, "you have much to learn, my dear." He stood up and walked close to her, "now awake." He whispered and the girl fell into his arms.

 

 

 

--------

I hope this is a good start lol obviously the graveyard scene was a dream and this is the start to the journey of Jonghyun and Cecilia.