Love Doesn't See Age

Love Doesn't See Age - Zico

Pressing against the keys quickly, you hit enter then moved your mouse to an article that you caught your attention. Scrolling down a little, your eyes skimmed the article as you found what you were looking for. Reading the name of the idol along with their age, you glanced at their picture if the name wasn’t familiar to you before moving onto the next idol.

So engulfed in your findings, you didn’t hear your boyfriend shuffle through your bedroom door and come up behind you. His arms slowly wrapped around your shoulders, resting his chin lightly on one of your shoulders.

“I thought you were working on homework” He says against your ear as you quickly switch tabs to a school website. “What were you looking at?” He questioned, his breath slightly tickling your neck as he exhaled.

Flipping back to the recently switched tab, your hands slowly dropped from the computer as his fingers rested against the keyboard. Scrolling upwards to the top the large words filled the top of the screen Idols That Are Older Than 23 Switching the tab back to your school’s page, he pulled away from you as you dropped your head gently from being caught.

Feeling the chair spin a little, you opened your eyes slowly to find his hands slowly moving over yours until he lowered his hands, letting your skin touch his. His other hand grasped the chair as he shuffled backwards, pulling you with him until he was sitting down on the edge of your shared bed, he rested his hand on your leg and rubbing his thumb along your pajama bottoms slowly.

“You really need someone who is younger than you, Zico” You whispered, your voice cracking already by the words that spilled from your lips. Your hands moved closer to each other, your fingers flaking off some more old nail polish that was already chipping.

“Why do you think I need someone younger?” He questioned curiously, highly tuned to you and your every move.

“You deserve someone who can keep up with you, someone who looks young and that is young… You deserve the very best…” You told him, your voice dropping off.

“That is why I deserve you” He told you confidently with a kind and soft tone, his hand gently squeezing your leg lightly.

“No you don’t…” You shook your head, some hair fell from behind your ear, lifting one of your shaking hands up, you pushed the hair back in place.

As you moved, a few tears dropped from your eyes, lightly grazing your cheeks on their descent. Slowly letting your hand drop from your ear, you wiped away the few fallen tears while you took in a few deep breaths.

“Do you know why I chose you over all of the other fans of mine?” Zico switched gears a little finding a different way to help you understand.

Shaking your head gently, he reached up and tipped your chin up gently so your eyes met his. His kind, soft and loving brown orbs met yours as you couldn’t help but relax a little looking into his eyes.

“Older women don’t play games, they know what they want and they know who they are. I found one woman who I love and love doesn’t see age and I shouldn’t either. Besides when we are all old and wrinkly, guys tend to not live as long so when you are older, we can hold each other in our last days and not be lonely ever again.” He told you honestly as he looked into his eyes seeing the love behind him.

“So what if I was younger, would you still love me?” You questioned as he just chuckled as it was obvious his beautiful smile playing on his lips.

“I would still love you like I love you today, but tomorrow I will love you more and more than the days before” He confessed, his thumb brushing your cheek, slowly wiping away your fresh tears that have fallen.

Leaning towards him, you wrapped your arms around his shoulders and pulled yourself against him. His arms welcomed you and wrapped his arms around you bringing you closer to him slowly. Feeling the thumping of his heart against yours, you relaxed a little and nuzzled your head into the crook of his neck, feeling the inviting warmth of his skin.

“I love you too” You whispered feeling a little bit better about your age difference than before.

“Although if you were younger, we couldn’t do a lot of the fun things that we can do now” He chuckles, his hands slowly rubbing your back but falling to your sides.

“Like tickle fights?” You slightly tilt your head to the side while pull away with a giggle, your arms still linked around his neck.

“Exactly” With that he quickly moved his hands to your sides as you wiggled and writhed in your chair as laughter soon replaced the tears and fun replaced the sadness.