InSpirit High

The White Rose: A Love Story Between Two Worlds

 

Vivian’s POF:

 

Lord Sun’s other son didn’t show up yesterday, so my chance of starting school with at least one friend was zero…

 

Sungyeol had smiled sweetly at breakfast, probably because Lord Sun was watching.

Right when we walked out the front door, he sprinted toward the car and left without me…

 

Ugh, what a great start to my first day at InSpirit High… hopefully the other students are nicer…


 

As I walked into the building, I noticed many eyes on me. Everyone had that pale white skin that I was starting to get used to, but these students had eyes so much colder than Lord Sun. They all reminded me of the way Sungyeol glared at me that first night.

 

I made my way to my locker. On the way, I heard whispers like “half-blood”, “ew”, “outsider”, “alone”, and “freak”.

 

I had a horrible feeling in my stomach… this was not what it felt like to be accepted.

In my first class, I sat alone at the back of the class since no one wanted to sit next to me.

 

The teacher was kind enough to introduce me, but even he had a distant look in his eyes.

 

As the class went on, I realized I learned a lot of the lesson in my old school. The teacher asked a question about chemistry, “Is the equation for this reaction a, b, c, or d?”

 

The class looked at each other with clueless expressions. A pretty girl with long straight hair answered, “a?”

 

“Nope, sorry. Any one else care to guess?” The teacher scanned the room.

 

As he looked at me, I decided to answer. “Um, it’s c right?”

 

I felt the whole class turn around to glare at me. The teacher was surprised that I answered, but he responded, “Yes, that is correct… Vivian right?”

 

“Yea, my name’s Vivian.” I reminded him with a seemingly more confident smile.  


The rest of the day didn’t get much better. I sat by myself at lunch, perfectly aware of the death glares I got from almost everyone around me. I continued o hear the means whispers about being a “half-blood”. Of course no one accepts me here, I’m always going to be stuck in the middle…


 

As I was packing up my books at the end of the day, I heard girls start to scream.

“AHHH, it’s him!” “I feel so warm now…yeee I love you…”

 

I turned around to see who it was, only to see… Sungyeol.

I tried to wave at him as he passed, but he bumped my shoulder so hard that I flew against the lockers. He sent me a terrible glare and continued walking.  


Depressed, I walked toward the exit of the school. I was walking down the stairs when three figures appeared in front of me. I recognized the pretty girl from my first class.

 

“Who the heck are you? You think you can come into MY school and mess with me? You dirty half-blood!” The pretty girl screamed at me and tripped me as I tried to get past her.

 

“Do you know who I am? I am the queen of this school. I saw you trying to wave at Sungyeol too, WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??? HE IS MINE.”

 

With that, she kicked me so hard that I felt blood in my mouth. Her friends giggled evily and started to mess up my hair and clothes. The leader kneeled down to face me, “You better not forget who I am. Angela. I rule this school and I am going to make your life miserable if you EVER BOTHER ME AGAIN.”

 

Her friends each shoved me as they walked past. One of them bent down and whispered, “Stupid half-blood. Blame your mother.”

 

That’s it. They can bully me all they want, but they are not allowed to curse my mother.

I pushed myself up and grabbed the girl’s wrist.

“Ya, who do you think YOU are?? My mother was one of you own kind, you have absolutely no right to say that about her. Who cares if I’m a half-blood, huh? If you even try to make my life miserable, I’m going to…”

 

Before I could finish, Angela slapped me so hard everything turned black.


Mystery POV:

I was heading toward my secret hideout when I heard screaming.

““Who the heck are you? You think you can come into MY school and mess with me? You dirty half-blood!”

 

Ugh, it’s probably those stupid girls again. I ignored it and kept walking. Before I reached the door, I heard an unfamiliar voice…

 

“Ya, who do you think YOU are?? My mother was one of you own kind, you have absolutely no right to say that about her. Who cares if I’m a half-blood, huh? If you even try to make my life miserable, I’m going to…”

 

Half-blood, eh? This is interesting. I paused and listened. For some reason, the girl didn’t finish her sentence. I heard the sound of high-heels walking away and then silence.

 

Hmm, I wonder what happened to that the half-blood. I went down and saw a figure lying motionless on the floor.

 

As I turned her over, her image took me by surprise.

 

She had pale skin like my own, but her cheeks had a beautiful and unique tint of pink in them. Her eyes were closed and I noticed blood near . So she must be that half-blood those girls were bullying…

 

I picked her up bridal-style and carried her to the balcony.