1.1

Liar Liar

Her laughter ripples through the spacious indoor court. Fingers curling into her hair as she tucks it back enough into a small yet messy bun. The hair tie secured her hairstyle and just moments after she receives a pat on her back. Today she was supposed to meet up with Hoseok’s friend, and for some odd reason the agreement had led her here. Eyes peered around at the empty court, obviously displeased at how fashionably late the male in question came to be.

 

A huff follows and she simply plops herself down onto the bench. Her sneakers scuffle the ground and her palms fall flat on the wood. Her eyes peer towards the other, who she had just realized was not particularly in gym attire. His eyes soon matched with her before giving her an apologetic smile. She was way too easy to read, “Mian Mian~ I have an appointment today, hence why I asked you to meet up with Yoongi instead.” Her bewildered expression was replaced with one of pure frustration.

 

Arm flails followed and he braved on her random slaps against his arm. Sometimes he had wondered why he was always the one getting hurt in their friendship, but suppose it was her energy that brought the best outta anyone she was around. Her eyes squeezed shut as her head furiously shook, a huff of defeat following through before her shoulders slouched. Not once had she been in a situation that involved her being with a total stranger, even if he was someone her best friend knew. As she was ready to argue more, her fist in the air ready to strike, the door opens up to reveal the bright day occurring outside.

 

Similar to her entrance with the male beside her, she spots a blond male and a redhead. Freezing from her earlier actions, her arms drop into a fold, Hoseok thankful for the timing of it all. The redhead perks up as he calls the two over with joy. She knew Jimin’s smile from a mile away but was unsure about the other male who appeared slightly serious than anything. If she had known better, she’d assume he hated her already merely from his expression. He didn’t seem like a person to easily gain a connection with but if the others really wanted her to be friends this so called Min Yoongi, then by damn she will.

 

Her body was in motion as she bounced her way over towards the two males, but it appeared that J-Hope had beat her to the idea. Never had she seen that man run so fast and her eyes narrowed. That will be heavily noted when she drags him for a workout. He grabs Jimin’s arm and quickly tells the other to rush out before he’s the next victim of her wrath. Her pout forms as the two leave her with the unknown male. The blonde simply clears his throat and strides past her, dropping his bags and taking a seat. His hands fall over his face as he yawns, obviously already tired for the day.

 

She dumbly stands there, not sure as to why he didn’t introduce himself already. So she takes on the liberty of having the first introduction. The space is cleared off before them and she bows respectfully, assuming that he was older than her. With a greeting, she introduces herself, a bright smile forming but soon dies out when met by his blank stare. Feeling uncomfortable, she shifts her weight to one side, obviously not sure what to do now.

 

Min Yoongi.” His tone was thick yet held such smoothness in her ears. She would’ve visibly shivered if he wasn’t paying attention to her. Not wanting to tell the other, she replayed the voice over and over, obviously loving how the words bounced off his lips. Her expression brightens slightly, only to point towards the basket ball court.

 

Oppa said that you’re into basketball right? Would you like to play a game with me?” She asks softly, only wondering if she should follow through with giving him an ask. He didn’t appear to budge though, which once more brought on some rattled nerves. Teeth sunk into her bottom lip and before she could speak, he simply cuts her off with a simple, “I don’t know how to play.

She stood there almost speechless for a moment. That wasn’t right. Hoseok had clearly stated that Yoongi knew how to play. He was the one who suggested that they’d come here! She’s mentally panicking, enough to actually turn away from the male and start walking. She couldn’t just rudely ask the male why he decided to agree on the damn sport if he didn’t know how to play. Either way her head turns back to him, his eyes never leaving her, if she had noticed earlier, she could’ve probably said he was staring holes into her back.

 

A--Ah.. do you at least want to try a game?” She offered, moving to get a basket ball not to far from them. Her expression changes towards something more thoughtful, mainly to think of an incentive to play. “We can even have a bet if you like?” At her final question, he seems to come alive. The sound of a challenge had brought his interest. He was simply testing her, merely to watch her reaction if he had denied any of the statements his friends made. Seeing her try was kinda cute. Not enough to make him like her as much as the others did. It took time for people to grow on him but he’d play along.

 

A bet? What happens if I win?” Asks Suga with an arched brow, obviously fully interested in playing now. She blinks as she thinks about it for a moment, not exactly sure what to offer. “Ah.. hm.. maybe you can pick the prize?” He didn’t seem to change much, simply standing there, his arms folded. “I’m assuming the reward is vice versa?

 

Her head nods childishly, obviously pleased to have him play along. Hopefully this will provide room for bonding with the male. She provides a small dribble of the basketball, getting a feel of the movements a bit before she holds it. With a smirk, the game fully begins and she heads towards her designated hoop. Considering that he would be at a beginner level, this wouldn’t be much of a struggle for her, yet she didn’t want to slam dunk him into loserville. While she thought, the male managed to swoop past her, taking the ball with him. Her eyes widened as she stared blankly at him dribble and move with ease, shooting the ball with little to no effort.

 

As Suga scored a point, she stood dumbfounded. He only provided a small smirk, his tongue grazing his bottom lip before he smugly states, “Must be beginners luck huh?” He passes her and she lightly taps her own cheeks, making sure that she’s not dreaming this up. This won’t slip pass by her again. Hell no. Her eyes narrowed as she retrieves the ball, dribbling to get a feel once more before she charges for her hoop again. Once again he follows behind, but she shoots the ball at the 3-pointer mark, gaining her groove easily. “If that’s beginner’s luck, then maybe I shouldn’t play nice.” Her lips part to give a snicker.

 

The game followed rather vigorously, competitive natures overcoming the naturally tame duo. It wasn’t long before the two of them were on the floor, panting softly from the intensity of the game. The gym doors opened towards two familiar males. Both pausing at the sight of their female friend and Suga back to back and whining in unison.

 

I’m all sweaty and grossss..” Wines the youngest, her cheeks red and still hot. “Ya, I won by the way.. so I get my prize..” Spoke Yoongi with a slight laziness, his head resting on her shoulder. Her eyes roll as she nods rather casually. “Arra Arra. Pick your prize.” The male smiles and closes his eyes, softly whispering to her, “You. Me. Dinner?” Her cheeks flushed heavily as her eyes widened, glad that the excess exercise had caused her to look red enough anyways. She nods quickly and Jimin is already rushing over with a bright greeting, “My turn to hang out with dongsaeng!

 

Yoongi’s head lifted up quickly as he narrowed his eyes at the males. Her cheeks are still red as Hoseok walks up to them, his smile bright as ever, “So how was the game against the professional?” He asks casually and she suddenly pouts, “Oppa… how come you told me that? Yoongi-oppa says that he doesn’t know how to play!” A huff followed as the male in question looked confused, his brow arched at Suga and the male simply smirks and shrugs.

 

Hey! That’s not true! He’s a great player, you just went against him and he won!” Hearing that statement she blinks and stares at the ground blankly. Jimin slowly waves a hand in front of her face, “Dongsaeng?” He questions and she whines out after not realizing that blondie was lying about being inexperienced.

 

Her head turns towards him, “Liar! Liar!” Her hands slapping against his arms as the male whines out covering himself with his arms. “Ya! Cut that out! Aish, such a troublesome girl! How can you handle her?!” The statements resulted in even more frustrated hitting and constant anger from their female friend.

 

J-Hope seemed rather pleased with the result, after all he wasn’t the only one to bare her wrath anymore.