"I have a great idea!" -Kyuhyun-

Birthday Present

 

BIRTHDAY PRESENT PART 1

 

~~~***~~~

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Donghae hyung, what drinks do you want?” I shout.

“Anything will do!” He shouts back together with his gesture. I sigh looking at his behavior; it’s not that anyone wouldn’t notice it anyway. His eyes still fixes at one point, one person to be exact. I put in the coin and select two apple juices from the vending machine. I walk towards Donghae in which he chooses to sit at the bench, under the shady tree facing the field.

I sit beside him, throw the apple juice’s bottle to Donghae and take a sip from mine while enjoying the inviting cool breeze. It’s almost winter. I take a glance at Donghae; still holding the bottle without even bothering to open it and still staring at the exact same person. I smirk.

“Hae-ah, how much longer do you want to stare at him? Your saliva’s dropping.” I tease.

“Yah! W-what? Staring? I’m thinking out my problems and that’s hyung for you!” He’s stuttering. Aish this basshead. And my hyung. What’s so hard on admitting the truth? I can see through it all. He tries to hide from me but sorry, you can’t if you face this almighty Cho Kyuhyun!

“Tsk. Whatever, Hae HYUNG. You’ve fallen for him, don’t you?” He looks surprise as expected.

“What? It doesn’t take a genius to figure it out and after all I am a genius.” I take another sip of the delicious apple juice while eyeing him. “Don’t throw me that look.”

“No, you are wrong, Kyu. It’s not like what you think. I am straight. What makes you think I will ever fall for him?” He crosses his arm, tried to act cool, while I can sense he’s blushing. Pfft, straight my ! Aish,  my cute hyung. Go and try to ignore your feelings and denies it.

He takes a glance on his watch. “Omoo, lunch break is almost over. Let’s go Kyu, you don’t want any more trouble.” Donghae stands and once again he glances to the field.

 

 ~~~

 

“Class, now we are on the topic of plants! I had brought an interesting research video for you.” I yawn as the teacher informs the whole class. Oh boy, Biology lessons are so damn boring. But I can see Ryeowook’s and Siwon’s excited reaction towards the lessons. I will not be able to understand these guys excitement especially Ryeowook as he really looking forward whenever it comes to plants.  The freaking plant.

“Kyu, look! It’s so interesting to know about the transpiration of plant, on how the water would go from the roots to the leaves and involves pressure!” He squeals beside me. I give him a boring reply. And Siwon? He’s paying too much attention to the video and make as amusing look. Gosh, why so boring?

But, that boredom disappears when we heard a knock on the door. The teacher has to pause the video which make the class frown. “Come in!” She said.

A blonde hair boy steps into our class and he looks uneasy of the class’ attention towards him. I smirk. “Err, sorry for the bother Miss, but Miss Bella wants me to borrow the VCD about human respiration that she’s going to show to our class. She said she forgot to take it from you.” He says.

“Oh, okay, wait a minute, I’m sure I put it in here.” Our teacher, Miss Goo replies. She scrambles through her bag. “Ah, here it is!” Then she hands it over to the blonde hair boy. “Thank you,” says the boy in reply, showing his gummy smile.

An idea pops in my head and I let out my evil grin. This idea is going to be perfect! No one would ever thought about this other than the mighty Cho Kyuhyun! I smirk in victory.

“Whoa, Kyu, your grin looks so scary.” Ryeowook speaks. “And nothing will come good whenever that scary grin crosses his face.” Siwon shakes his head. I raise one eyebrow and smirk.

“It’s nothing evil and I want you two to help me.  And both of you ARE going to help me whether you like it or not.” I smirk.

“What?!” They both utter in unison. I’m going to let it happen!

 

~~~

 

We are on our way home—Ryeowook, Siwon and I.

“Yah! Are you sure about this?” Ryeowook says after he listens to my plan. I nod. “It’s good but isn’t it going to be harsh?” Siwon asks. “Aish! Just agree with it already! It’s perfect!” These two airheads, sometimes it’s annoying when they show their oh-so-angelic personality. Okay, I admit it’s kind of um, how do I say it? Harsh? Evil? Too much? But that’s the best way to do it and I WANT TO DO IT!

“I have to let the hyungs know first about this.” They nod. “When I think about it again, it’s going to be fun!” Ryeowook suddenly beams, nudging Siwon’s uniform. “Whatever you say, Kyu.” Siwon admits defeat. I smile.

“So, I will tell Shindong hyung and Heechul hyung, since they have close relation to Hae hyung. And you Siwon, go and tell Zhoumi hyung and Leeteuk hyung and if possible, Kangin hyung too. Ryeowook, you have to tell Henry and Yesung hyung. We have a week to make this plan success!” They both give a supportive response. “Just tell them first and I’m sure they will agree on this.”

 

~~~***~~~

 

Donghae’s POV

Aish, that Kyuhyun, how did he know? Maybe he just guesses it but it doesn’t look that way though. I’m sure I’m not too obvious and I feel like I have kept it to myself. Perhaps I was over excessively staring at him. I can’t help but stare at his built and he looks so… hot in that sleeveless jersey when he was on the field, playing football. The football match is two days from now on and the team is practicing hard to sharpen their skills and increasing his stamina. They have been practicing since morning but got classes after lunch break to catch up with the syllabus.

I am straight, well at least until I just realized I had fallen for him since this semester break, since I knew that my heart strongly attached to him ever since we went out for the amusement park together with his friends known as my teammates for the science exhibition competition with the other district. I firstly met him when I enrolled in this school. He’s sitting beside me on the opening ceremony and I found out that we are sitting in the same class. But, I don’t really get to talk to him often since I’m shy and prefer to be alone or in small group while he is the opposite. He always got surrounded by the crowds; not surprising if he is that talkative and garrulous and smile to everyone. He has that friendly and comfortable aura around him. A big different from me.

Fine, perhaps I do look nerd in a way together with my fake glasses. I thought about trying it as a fashion but it turns out differently and I made up my mind to just keep it up this way. It’s a good way to hide my red face whenever he talks to me.

We seldom got to talk to each other, mostly because I want to avoid him as much as possible. That was before because I always had this weird feeling lingering around whenever he’s around. As much as I want to deny it, and claim that I am straight, the feelings keep getting stronger and to the extent that I can’t deny it anymore. My eyes follow every movement he makes and my ears follow every word he’s uttering.

Hey, I’m not saying I have no friend at all, I have my close one, Kibum and Kyuhyun;  although it’s hurt to tell that I’m close to this darn dongsaeng, and several other friends and hyungs. Do you think I’m some fish who’s trap in the fish bowl only? The answer is NO.

“LEE DONGHAE! ARE YOU DAYDREAMING IN MY CLASS?” Mr. Kim yelled through the whole class. Oh, crap!

“I’m so sorry, mister. I won’t do it again.” I apologize. He acknowledges my apology and we’re continuing our class. I should focus on the lesson.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I dial up Heechul’s number and he picks up the phone almost immediately.

“Annyeong, hyung~” I uses my sweetest voice ever.

“What’s up with you Kyuhyun? Do you swallow a whole bottle of pills just now?” A very Heechul like answer.

“So, hyung! I want to meet up with you at your house! And call Shindong hyung too!”

“Yah! Why all of the sudden? Shindong is already here together with Hankyung. And if you want to come just to rampage my game console, forget about it! I’m not going to let you in especially you just broke my laptop last week.” Hankyung’s there too? Good news! I grin. Wow, Heechul still remembered that incident about the laptop?

“Awww, hyung, why are you so cold towards your most beloved dongsaeng?  I miss you badly and you don’t even want to see me? Ouch, I’m so hurt with your words, hyung~” I can hear him hisses on the other line.

“Aish, arasseo, arasseo! You can come here, this boy.” I grin in victory. “I’m coming in 10 minutes hyung~ Love you!” I hang up the phone. I rush down stairs and dart towards the door. “Mom! I’m going out!” I yell as I tie on my shoes. Here we go! Towards success! I smile. Heechul’s house is not far from mine since we’re living in the same neighborhood.

I push on the doorbell and Heechul opens the door soon after that. I smile. “Well, Kyuhyun, seems like you’re coming not with your empty mind. Now, come on in.” Clever hyung I have here. He can smells and figures out everything. This is going to be fun. I really need his brain to top up this plan.

We’re in Heechul’s room. I can spot Shindong and Hankyung are both busy—Hankyung with his comics, lying down on the bed eating lollipop while Shindong reading some magazines with snacks beside him. They lift up their head when they see me coming.

“Yo, Kyu, what’s up?” Hankyung greets. “Whatch bwing oou wup, Kyu?” Shindong says with his mouth full of chips. “Looks like he got something,” Heechul answers them. “And I think it’s going to be interesting.” He continues.

“So, Kyuhyun, what’s in your mind?” Heechul ask, smiling slyly. “I want you to cooperate with me in this. I promise you that you have never heard anything like this before and I bet you will like it.” “Sounds interesting. Bring it on,” Hankyung dares.

“Here’s the thing.”

 

~~~

 

The next morning…

“Are you done?” I ask both Ryeowook and Siwon.  “They’re all in! And they are excited to do it! But, I can’t reach Zhoumi hyung. He’s on the match tomorrow. I’ll try later,” Siwon reports in. “Both of them agree on this and they are so looking forward on this! And as an extra credit, his close friend, Sungmin hyung wants to join in. He’s there together with us and when he overheard the conversation, he volunteers himself to make this work without the other noticing. He says the success rate will be higher.” Wow, now that’s more than enough! Together with my brain combination with the trios—Heechul, Hankyung and Shindong, I’m going to succeed this! I grin in victory.

“Kyu, what makes you so excited and working so hard on this? Usually, you would take no interest in this kind of stuff unless you’ll get a benefit from it in a way or another,” Siwon asks. Oh, to think about that, his words are true. “Perhaps this will make my boring life more spices and make it more fun. Plus, it’s for my favourite hyung and I don’t really give a damn about what gain I will get,” I state.

“Wow, I’m more than surprise.” Siwon says. “Me too,” adds Ryeowook.

“So, the first thing is the mall after school.” I stretch my arms as we walk to the classroom.

~~~***~~~