1/1

Anything is Heaven With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol turns around to see his best friend running at full speed towards him and while most people would be scared for their life seeing a pink-haired shorty running at them, he isn't; he's pretty used to it, actually. Already having spent most of his life with said pink-haired shorty, he's grown accustomed to the boy’s weird antics.

Baekhyun’s face smacks into his chest with an audible thud and it hurts a little; he wonders why Baekhyun doesn't have a concussion yet from all the running and smacking into things (read: Chanyeol) all the time.

Chanyeol wraps an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders and he really shouldn't be thinking about how they fit perfectly together. But they do, so he does.

"Baek, seriously, I have enough bruises on my chest because of you." He says without thinking what he might he implying but the smirk Baekhyun is giving him makes him flush all the way to his ears.

"Not like that, you ." He scolds playfully, earning a smile from Baekhyun. He wonders how he can make so many comparisons to the sun when he sees that bright smile.

"Please, you love me and my innuendos." Baekhyun says, resting his chin on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol wonders if people question their close proximity around campus; he chooses not to dwell on it and raises his shoulder slightly to knock Baekhyun’s chin off instead, getting an exaggerated pout from him.

"So is movie night still on?" Baekhyun rubs at the area where Chanyeol’s shoulder hit him.

Chanyeol nods. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" he asks, turning to look at Baekhyun properly.

Baekhyun shrugs muttering a 'just asking' before linking his arm to Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol gives him a questioning look but Baekhyun seems to be blatantly ignoring it, so he doesn't ask.

     

The thing about Baekhyun and Chanyeol is that they've always been together. Ever since Chanyeol bumped into Baekhyun while trick or treating at the age of 6 (Baekhyun was already 7 but much smaller) and knocking down the boy with his candy, Baekhyun had cried and Chanyeol wasn't really informed on how to deal with little chubby boys dressed in pink tutus crying about their fallen candy, so he did the next best thing: he gave up his own candy bag.

 

He'll never forget the way Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled, so he thinks giving up his bag was really worth it. Not the part where his mom finally caught up to him and yelled at him before noticing the pink fluff seated on the floor with a bag of candy. She helped Baekhyun up (while still scolding Chanyeol, man did his mom know how to multitask) and dusted him off, checking for any injuries while Baekhyun sniffled. When asked who he was with, he said his older cousin (that assviolin) told him he was old enough to go around on his own. So they offered to take Baekhyun home, which is how Mrs. Park and Mrs. Byun came to be acquainted with each other, and also how Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol became inseparable.

 

Ever since then it has been a tradition to trick or treat together. Baekhyun always dressed up as his favorite princess (aka Princess Peach, his favorite character from Super Mario) and Chanyeol as a different Pokémon each year.

 

But now at the age of 21 they can’t go trick or treating together. It’s not that they don’t want to, it’s probably the fact that no grown adult would give candy to two university students. So they stuck with a horror movie marathon. Which isn’t too bad, since they eat a lot of candy while watching, so Halloween isn't all that bad.

Then again Chanyeol thinks nothing will ever be bad as long as he has Baekhyun with him.

   

They walk like that through the halls, arms linked, but no one questions it simply because it’s Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

When they reach Chanyeol’s locker, he lets go and leans onto the one next to it, blowing raspberries. Chanyeol raises a brow.

"What's up with you today, Baek?" Baekhyun just shakes his head. Chanyeol wants to ask more, but if Baekhyun wants to tell him, he will, so he lets it go.

"Yeol!"

Baekhyun sees Kyungsoo scurrying over to where they are. Chanyeol turns around to shoot a smile at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s eyes narrow.

"Hey Soo, what’s up?" Chanyeol greets before shutting his locker, turning his full attention to Kyungsoo.

"I was just wondering if you were coming to Yixing’s party tonight," Kyungsoo says. Chanyeol shakes his head.

"Probably not, I've got plans with Princess Peach here," Chanyeol gestures towards Baekhyun, Kyungsoo shoots him a smile.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo aren't really friends, with their only connection being Chanyeol, plus they run in different circles so they were only mildly acquainted with each other, if you could call the awkward smiles that.

"Oh really? Baekhyun should come too! I mean, if that’s okay with you," Kyungsoo tries again and wraps his fingers around Chanyeol’s arm and then Baekhyun sees it. The furtive glances shot at Chanyeol. He doesn't want Baekhyun there, he wants Chanyeol, period.

"Nah, me and Baek—" Chanyeol starts only to be cut off by Baekhyun.

"We should go. I mean, it'd be fun. Right Yeol?"

Chanyeol shoots Baekhyun a wary glance before nodding hesitantly.

"Okay then," He says slowly. "we'll be there."

He actually really wanted to have Baekhyun all to himself tonight. He checks the time, seeing as he only had a couple of minutes till class starts. He bids Baekhyun and Kyungsoo goodbye before walking away.

 

_______________

 

Baekhyun swings his arms at his sides while they walk side by side. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at him.

"Byun Baek, why are you so restless today?" Chanyeol reaches out to wrap his fingers around Baekhyun’s wrist, stopping him from swinging them anymore but Baekhyun pays no mind and continues walking towards their shared apartment, not too far off campus (they got extremely lucky with it; it’s not big, but they don't mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter