Chapter 1

The Princess & Her Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 Years ago, the sound of the fireworks exploding in the distance was almost deafening to the little 8 year old Jiyeon. She was usually one to be mesmerized by fireworks every new year, but this year, she was somewhat distracted. Distracted by the shorter boy who had his lips pressed against her very own untouched ones. She was frozen stuck, her mind was all over the place. Should she have felt happy? embarrassed? angry? She had no clue, so she did the very first thing that came to mind. She shoved Myungsoo away with all her might and ran away crying from the shock. It wasn't as though she didn't like him..she always imagined the two of them getting married some day. After rushing back to her house, she quickly ran up to her room and hid under the covers. She could feel the heat from her cheeks. Her mom always told her, only people who loved each other kissed. So did Myungsoo love her? 

Myungsoo on the other hand was left all alone feeling pathetic. He knew he was being abrupt, but he was positive that she liked him back, so why did she push him away? Did he read her wrongly.. He felt hurt, not knowing what to do, he sat down on the lawn, staring at the fireworks. And this is the beginning of their strained relationship. For the coming years, Myungsoo and Jiyeon slowly grew apart. They used to have conversations that lasted all day, when the two went to middle school, they still talked mostly about school, and their homework and now, the only time they talk is just to say "hello". 

Throughout the 9 years of distance, Jiyeon and Myungsoo had began to have their own friends, with Myungsoo being in the top of the school's hierarchy and Jiyeon being somewhere in the middle of it. In middle school, she noticed how his popularity was slowly rising, day by day. The seniors from high school recognized Myungsoo's popularity and started hanging out with him more. Their rooms were built in a way such that their windows were directly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter