Beautiful

Last Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari hit the alarm clock on the side of her bed as she only wanted to stay in her bed bundled up with the warmth. She had gone to bed late last night for talking to her boyfriend Leo. He had been writing a song and playing on the piano, and knowing the sound was soothing to her ears she wanted to be on speaker listening to him play.

There were times when he would get frustrated and he would bang on the keys. Nari would flinch at the sound since she was slowly falling asleep and it would wake her. She told Leo to go out for a small walk and take a break. He didn't want to at first but Nari got through to him and finally made him do so. He had his moments where he would stay quiet for a long while until his mind was made up or when Nari finally got through to him.

She would from time to time and he couldn't help but enjoy it. But when he wanted to , he put on a straight face and Nari would stop laughing and give a straight face only to give Leo a smile forming on his lips.

Nari got up to go to work at the cafe, she was only working until six since she had a date with Leo and he had a surprise for her. He wouldn't tell her over the phone so she had to wait. She quickly got dressed and put her hair back in a prefect bun as always and put on her name tag. Leaving the house she grabbed Leo's black sweater that he let her borrow and put it on.

Her phone went off as she was walking down the sidewalk. It was a text from her close friend Kim Wonshik.

He had also happened to be friends with Leo and since Leo went by his nickname more than his real name Wonshik wanted one too so he was given the nickname 'Ravi'.

Be prepared for today... I wish I could tell you more.

Nari stared at the text Wonshik and felt confused. She wanted to reply but when she looked up to see where she was, she was already in front of her job and it wasn't the first time it happened. Her feet sometimes seemed to have a mind of their own, when to keep going or when to stop. She put her phone away and went to the back to sign in and start clearing the tables around her. She mostly works at the cashier but today she picked up empty cups and sent them to back and cleaned the tables.

Work, was a drag as always but it was eventful when some workers start gossiping about idols and who will be the next favorite around the music world. Nari sighed as a thought of Leo wanting to be an idol, at first she wasn't against it...it was the matter of training and seeing how much work needs to be put in. It's a lot of dedication. She admired that Leo wanted to make it big but neither of them brought up the topic of what would happened if his dream became true?

Would Nari stay and support him or would she let him go even if it hurts her? She didn't want to pull him away from his dreams. She didn't really have one either, she wanted Leo to be happy and get what he wants when he works hard. Nari loves her job and the people around her. They always welcome her and make her feel at home.

- - -

It was the end of Nari's shift and as she signed out she saw someone waiting outside with their back to her. He had dark long black hair with his hands in his pockets with a black shirt and black jeans. Basically everything he had on was black. Opening the door to the shop the person turned and gave a soft smile at Nari.

"Hey." he said as he went to her.

Nari smiled at her boyfriend as he held out her hand. She was expecting him for give her a kiss on the cheek or a hug like he always did but this time he only smiled and held out his hand. At the moment, Nari knew something wasn't right. Without asking questions she grabbed his hand and started walking in silence. It was weird sometimes how the silence they left was comfortable to them and only hearing their footsteps against the ground.

"How was work?" Leo asked as he tightened his hand that was holding hers'.

Nari gave a squeeze back understanding his gesture and nodded. "It was good, the girls and I were talking about who will be the next idol into the music world. There is a rumor going around that a hidden artist will be making a debut."

Leo's attention suddenly went to her last comment. "Do you think he will be good?"

Nari stopped walking and Leo stopped when he felt a tug on his arm. "How do you know it's a male? I didn't even know that."

Leo looked down for a moment and bit his bottom lip as he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "I know because... I'm him."

Her eyes widen and suddenly let go of his hand. "Say that again."

Leo looked at their hands parting and tried reaching for it again but Nari took a step back. He looked at her again and sighed. "I wanted to tell you when we got to my place, I finally got one of my songs heard and a company wants to sign me and debut soon. It's what I have been waiting for, it's paying off all the waiting and working hard! It's worth all the wait."

Nari's heart started pounding inside and she could feel some tears coming out from her eyes. She didn't even feel them forming. Hearing Leo's words took her by surprised and it wasn't what she was expecting. Then she suddenly remembered Wonshik's words.

"Did Ravi know about this too?" she asked him.

Leo blinked at her for a moment and before he say something Nari shook her head and walked passed him.

"I'm going home, I need to collect my thoughts." she said to him.

Leo didn't want them to part that way, he ran after her and grabbed her wrist spinning her around to face him. He automatically cupped her face and wiped the tears away from her face. "Talk to me Lily, please."

Nari felt her heart jump with the nickname he had given her. Nari meant 'Lily'. Whenever there was a misunderstanding or a lovely moment between them, he would call her that.

She shook her head and made herself to stop crying. When she did she was able to look up at him and the only thought that came to her mind was. "You're going to be an idol?"

Leo didn't say anything. She took it as a yes.

Nari smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his waist. They held each other for a long while. They both weren't sure how long it was but it felt about a good forty-five minutes. During that time Nari was thinking about what she could do for him. Support him or let him go and live his idol life without any scandals.

She sighed and let go of him. "Let's go eat and celebrate."

Leo looked at her but he could sense she was hiding her true feelings. He wanted to question her about it but instead she pulled on his hand and lend them to a restaurant.

During the time as they eat comfortable the only thing that was on Nari's mind was Wonshik. She wanted advice on what she could do for Leo and she trusted no one else but him. She trusted Leo as well but for certain things she turned to Wonshik most.

"I should get home." Nari said as she looked for a cab. Leo was behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist as he moved his head down to her neck taking in her scent.

"I feel like my dream is coming true and I don't want it to stop."

Nari stayed quiet as she felt pain inside her chest. She couldn't explain what was happening but it was something she hadn't felt before. She ignored it until she was safe inside the cab. Leo kissed her forehead as she entered the car.

"I'll call you tomorrow." she said as rolled down the window.

Leo nodded and saw her leave. He hid his face with his hands and started smiling. He couldn't imagine that his hard work is paying off and he will be an idol and on top of that he won't have to worry about anything else since Nari will be with him.

- - -

Nari stood outside waiting, she had called Wonshik the moment she rolled up her window and asked him to go over. He asked Nari if she heard the news and all she did was ask him to come over. He didn't think twice since he knew what would be on her mind.

She trembled as the cold air from the apartment complex hit her skin. She wanted to go inside and change her clothes but she wanted to wait for Wonshik.

Hearing the sound of someone panting and footsteps running up the stairs quickly she knew it had to be him. Nari saw her best friend putting his hand on his knees as he gasped for air. "I hope you have some water."

She nodded and opened the door to the apartment as she let him in. He went to get a glass of water and swallowed it in a minute. "What do I do?"

He put the glass down and saw her looking at her fingers.

 "I want him to be happy and I don't want to hold him back either. I know idol life isn't a joke, people get busy and before I'll know it he won't have time for me anymore and it will feel as if I'm waiting for someone when I could be happy with someone else you know?"

Wonshik sighed and grabbed her hands. "I know, and hearing what you told me. It seems like you already know what you want to do."

Nari looked at him and felt tears coming down her cheek. "But I love him!"

He wrapped his arms around her small figure. "I know you do Nari, I was there when you told me you are falling in love with him. I was there when you both exchanged couple rings. I was there for almost every memory you both share. You need to also think of yourself not just him."

She sighed as she pushed her tears away. "I understand."

Wonshik stayed for two hours with Nari as they played Mario cart on the wii before they called it a night. Sometimes Wonshik just sleeps on the sofa but he had to meet up with his other friends tomorrow and wish Leo luck. Nari was planning on going when she got a text from Leo but she told him, she was working and couldn't make it.

Truthfully speaking, she didn't want to go in a gloomy mood and make everyone worried. She would rather stay home and watch from the TV. She showered and went to bed, she didn't sleep, she only laid there thinking and thinking until her eyelids closed.

- - -

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter