final

All I want for Christmas is you, Byun Baekhyun...

It was a few days before Christmas and Baekhyun had been waiting for the best holiday all year. He was driving in his car listening to all the Christmas songs and sometimes if he knew the lyrics he would sing along. He was on his way to Chanyeol, his best friend. They had decided to go live together since both of them were a little lonely, living alone in their big houses. He had his first moving boxes with him because starting tomorrow he would live there, in Chanyeol’s house. As soon as he reached Chanyeol’s house he saw his best friend already coming out of his house to help the slightly older bring his boxes inside.

“Hey Baek, let me take some boxes for you. I’m so excited for tomorrow, I can’t wait!”

“Well Yeollie, you’ll still have to wait one more night, but shoosh shoosh go inside, I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

The taller took some boxes and went inside, but came outside again short after.

“Hurry up, I don’t want you to catch a cold either!” so he pushed the shorter, who was also carrying some boxes, inside.

“Here, give me your jacket.” The taller said.

“Yeol, there’s no need for that, I know where to hang it.”

“Okay okay, I’ll go make you some hot chocolate then, or do you want to do that also by yourself?”

“No, that’s okay, thanks.” After a few minutes Baekhyun walked to the kitchen, which was filled with the smell of freshly baked cookies, and found Chanyeol there making the elder’s drink. He walked towards the taller and back hugged him. Chanyeol tensed up a little but didn’t say anything.

“You know I love you, right?” Chanyeol turned around now.

“You love me?” he asked a little confused.

“Of course I do, you’re the best friend I’ve ever had!”

“Oh... yeah of course... I love you too, you’re also my best friend.” Baekhyun didn’t know if he heard it correctly, but there was something in the way Chanyeol talked. It sounded a little like disappointment, but he didn’t know for sure, so he decided not to go in on it.

~~~

Chanyeol was sitting on the couch and Baekhyun was lying on it with his head on Chanyeol’s lap.

“So... you know there’s that new year’s party and you’re supposed to come with a date?” the shorter began and the taller nodded.

“Yes, I heard about it but I’m not sure yet if I’ll go.”

“Would it be weird to come with a guy?”

“You know it’s not very accepted here.”

“yes, I know, that’s the problem. I know I’ll never be able to truly be myself in public places. I need to act like I like women, but I don’t.”

“Baekhyun, I know how you feel...” the taller whispered, but loud and clear enough for the shorter to hear, he sat straight up looking at him with full surprise.

“You like guys?! And you never told me?! Park Chanyeol, I always tell you everything and then you don’t tell me this?! This is a very important case, you know?!”

“I only figured it out not long ago.”

“But still I think you should’ve told me immediately.” The shorter pouted. “Did you fall in love with someone? That must be, else you wouldn’t have figured it out. Who is it? Tell me, do I know him?” the taller scratched his head, thinking about a good answer, but it didn’t really came.

“Uhmm not exactly, I guess...” he answered.

“What’s that for an answer, tell me who is it?”

“Never mind you don’t know him.” The taller looked away.

“Oh okay, can I at least meet him?”

“Maybe.” He still didn’t look the slightly older in his eyes. Baekhyun cupped his face and forced him to look him in his eyes.

“Channie, tell me please, is something wrong? Because earlier I heard a weird tone in your voice, it sounded like disappointment, but I’m not sure and now you look away all the time and you don’t look me in my eyes when I talk to you, while you normally always do that. So what’s wrong with you?”

Chanyeol took the elder’s hands and held them in his, he looked the other in his eyes and fake-smiled, saying “Don’t worry Baek, nothing’s wrong. The only feeling I’m feeling right now is happiness, because starting tomorrow you’ll live here with me and I won’t be lonely anymore.”. He lied, Baekhyun knew that, he knew that smile, he saw it in the taller’s eyes and heard it in his voice. But again he decided not to go in on it any further.

~~~

It was a day later at midnight, so Baekhyun already lived with Chanyeol. Of course he had his own room, but that night it was storming a lot, there was very loud thunder and bright lightning. Baekhyun was scared and he couldn’t get to sleep, so he decided to go to Chanyeol’s room. He walked in and quietly crept into the taller’s bed.

“Baek, come here...” the shorter snuggled up in Chanyeol’s embrace, secretly blushing, and the taller wrapped his arms protectively around him. “Are you okay, you were afraid, weren’t you?” the shorter nodded.

“You can relax now, don’t be afraid, I’m here to protect you.” He whispered.

“Thanks Yeol, but honestly I didn’t expect you to still be awake, since you get to sleep very easy.”

“I kind of knew that you would come, because I know you almost too well, so I decided to stay awake in case you would come here and need me.” The taller pulled back a little to look at the other and smile at him, then he cuddled him again.

“You know it’s almost Christmas, and I want to give you a present, so what would you like?” the shorter asked.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow, the storm is getting calmer now so let’s just go to sleep. But if you’re afraid again, you can always wake me up.”

“Okay sweet dreams, Yeol.”

“Sweet dreams Baek.”

~~~

The next morning Baekhyun woke up, but no one was lying next to him. He was lying alone in Chanyeol’s bed. Wondering where the taller could be he stood up and went downstairs. As he walked in the hallway he already smelled freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked bread. He sniffed in the delicious smell and walked further. He walked around for a bit, but he couldn’t find the person he was looking for. He went outside to look if the taller was there and as he opened the door he saw the first snow which had fallen that night. He looked at the beautiful sight in front of him, everything was white. It looked all perfect to him, but still he wasn’t totally happy, something or rather someone important was missing. At that very same moment he heard his phone go off, he looked at it’s screen and flashed a bright smile as he read the name of the person he was missing.

“Hey Baek, you’re probably wondering where I am right now, aren’t you? Well I’m at the playground where we first met when we were children.”

“You still remember that?” The shorter gaped in surprise, not expecting his best friend to still remember since it was more than 15 years ago. But he was happy the other remembered.

“Of course I do, it was the best day of my life.”

“You’re too cheesy.” Baekhyun laughed although he actually agreed with Chanyeol, because it was also the best day of his life. His life would be so empty and boring without having his happy virus with him.

“I know, but just come here, I need to tell you something.”

“Oh okay, I’m coming.”

“See you soon, Baekie.”

“Byeee.” After that they hung up. Chanyeol being very nervous and the shorter being extremely curious, because he couldn’t handle surprises that well, and the taller knew that, but just this time he would let it be a surprise without guessing and stuff. Soon after the shorter reached the playground. The taller walked towards him and grabbed his hands, they looked into each other’s eyes while both of them were slightly blushing and Chanyeol smiled at the other, then he gently pulled Baekhyun along with him towards the swings and gave him a sign to sit down. So the shorter did and the taller went to stand behind him and softly swung the other, for a moment there was a silence between, nothing uncomfortable just a peaceful silence.

“Do you remember what you asked me this night?” The taller began.

“You mean when I asked you what you want for Christmas?”

“Yes, so I thought about it for a while and there’s only one thing I want.” The taller took one last deep breath to gain some confidence. “But it’s not something you can buy me.”

“Channie what do you mean? Is it that expensive or is it not for sale anymore?”

“No no, that’s not what I mean.” He walked away from the swings towards the sandbox where he took out his guitar and walked back to the elder. “You know, this isn’t something I had ever expected from myself to do, but I guess you’re the only one who makes me do so.” The shorter started blushing madly.

“Chanyeol, I’m confused, what do you mean?”

“Shoosh.” The taller laid his index finger on Baekhyun’s lips. “Let me finish this first, when I’m ready you can ask further questions if you want to.”

“O-okay.”

Chanyeol started playing his guitar, he started playing a song the shorter recognized immediately from a few days ago when he was driving to the taller’s house listening to the Christmas songs. And then the shorter could hear his ears being filled with the beautiful sound of Chanyeol’s deep voice.

“I-I-I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need.” They looked into each other’s eyes.

“I don’t care about the presents, underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true...”

The taller stopped playing and laid his guitar next to him on the ground, he walked towards Baekhyun and knelt down in front of him. He took his hands, while still looking in the other’s eyes. Baekhyun was gaping at Chanyeol’s actions as he already knew the next line of the song. Then the taller finished singing his song with this very last sentence:

“All I want for Christmas, is you~” They kept staring at each other and didn’t say a thing for a while, because Chanyeol was too much in shock of his own actions and didn’t dare to say a word, while Baekhyun was processing what just happened.

“A-are you c-confessing to me r-right n-now?” The shorter stuttered.

“Uhmm...” The younger scratched his head. “Yes, I am. So Byun Baekhyun, I need to know, do you feel this way about me too?”

Baekhyun attacked him with a hug, causing both of them to fall to the ground, the elder lying on top of the other. Making them both giggle at the awkward position.

“Yes, I do Park Chanyeol, I want to be yours this Christmas and for a lot more Christmases. To be honest I’ve been in love with you for almost 4 years, but I thought you didn’t like guys and I didn’t dare to risk our friendship so that’s why I didn’t tell you.” The elder answered, still lying on top of the other. Suddenly he saw a snowflake landing on the taller’s face and wiped it away. “Look Channie, it’s snowing, how beautiful.” Then the other cupped the elder’s face.

“But there’s nothing more beautiful than you, though.” The taller wiped away the bangs out of Baekhyun’s face and pulled him closer until their lips touched and it was like their lips were made for each other, because they perfectly fitted together.

A lot more Christmases were spent together by the two as boyfriends until exactly 5 years after the day Chanyeol confessed to Baekhyun, the taller proposed to the other.

And of course the shorter said yes.