CHAPTER ONE

Keep Me Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Myoung _____-ssi," Mr. Son called. "You'll be partners with Jimin."

And that was where it all started. That was the first day I was actually used as a back-up dancer at Big Hit Entertainment. I actually worked as a dancer at a bar till someone got the nerve to take a video of me dancing my solo on a chair (Think dirty, go on. I don't even care anymore.). That person then sent it to Big Hit and I was seriously seeing myself humiliated in all of Korea but unexpectedly, Big Hit's CEO found skills in me and took me out of that deadly prison and placed me on his kingdom. And if you thought that I'd be one of those princesses, well you're absolutely...

Wrong.

I'm more of the slave type here. I get assigned to clean this, type then print this and that, buy coffee for the staff and guards, join the back-up dancers as they practice, get paid and repeat. Everyone there basically looks at me with their dirtiest of looks and I'm sure I'm not the one who's looking like trash, but them. Yes, I've worked in a bar, e as others would call my job but I was used by my parents as a payment for their debt. Cruel? Not just yet. I wasn't used as you would think I would be but I just dance, let guys touch me (only touch), dance, entertain, but nooooo bed scenes. Please, that's one of my biiiiig no-no's mentioned in my contract. So I worked in a dirty place! Does that make me dirty? I take a bath, for your information.

Anyway we, dancers, were at the practice room one day. We were actually called for a special assembly; whatever that means. 

So while waiting for the head which is Mr. Son, the others started to have a short dance battle. They played all sorts of music as they free-styled, counting me out, of course. I know it too well that I should not go in and pretend to be one of 'em clean bees.

But then of course I had to have one friend, Lia Kim. She was laughing with them and I guess her eyes came to notice me sitting in the corner with my earphones on. Lia is one of those who'd like everyone to be in one fun circle. And that's what she did. "Hey," she said as she approached me. "Don't mind them. Just dance and show them what you've got!" She chuckled, made me smile at that, and pulled me along.

Lia led me to the center with the other peeps who then frowned as they saw me. The dude on the sound system even turned the music off. I bet you know what'll happen next, though.

"Girl, what'chu doin' with her?" asked one girl with a ponytail to Lia as she pointed to me. Her accent is way too street-ish. I heard the other peeps mumble along in agreement but I let them pass. I was cool for now. Lia rolled her eyes and placed an arm around her, "Come on, Jaz! Give her a chance! She's a newbie!" "And she's dirty. Don't 'cha even know where she worked before?"

I might have punched her but I fought the urge to. She doesn't know me. How could she say that? I still kept my cool though and I know Lia did, too. "You know, Jaz. She might be dirty but is she dirtier than your dancing?" She chuckled and looked to the guy with the baseball cap, "Hey, Chuck. Do continue, let's see who wins this battle." The guy smirked, playfully saluted, and started to play the music.

Now, I really should be thankful for Lia giving me this chance to dance freely but a battle between me and Jaz? Me as my first time doing this versus her who probably did this for 10,000 millenias according to the age on her face? I stand no chance. Then again, Lia's words came to my mind: "Don't mind them. Just dance and show them what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter