Chapter One

Sylvan

A man stands at the edge of a forest. His green eyes watch the small river in front of him. He looks up to the edge of another forest. Another green-eyed man stands across the land, smiling cheekily.

"It won't be long before a naiad shows for this stream," he states, his voice surprisingly low.

"I suppose that's true," the first agrees, voice barely carried on the wind.

"What's the name you use when you encounter morals?" The baritone-voiced one asks, leaning against a tree.

"Taekwoon. Yourself?" The long-haired one replies, pushing a strand back.

"Wonshik," the deep-voiced one replies.

"That's a nice name," Taekwoon states, walking to the edge of the river. Wonshik smirks, and walks to his own edge.

"So I've been told. Tell me, Taekwoon, do you know of any others like us who live nearby?" Wonshik asks, stilling along the edge of the stream. Cooled water runs over his bare feet, and small fish swim up to his toes. Wonshik smiles, and allows small plants to grow.

"I believe there is a lampad deep inside my forest," Taekwoon comments, mirroring Wonshik's actions. A deer walks up, its antlers full.

"It will be winter soon," Wonshik comments, pushing back his own black hair.

"You'd look nice with a snow-white touch," Taekwoon complements, as the buck lays down beside him.

"Thank you," Wonshik thanks, smiling brightly.

"I feel like it will be a cold winter," Taekwoon states, looking into the water.

"I wouldn't doubt it. There hasn't been one for sometime," Wonshik agrees, nodding slightly. "Taekwoon?"

"Yes, Wonshik?" He inquires, looking up.

"What would you say to combining our forests?"




 

The forests slowly grew together, both Wonshik and Taekwoon able to cross over the river. They were in Taekwoon's forest when they discovered the black-haired lampad. Hongbin is his mortal name, and he enjoys staying deep in Taekwoon's side.

Another came to live within the woods. A light nymph, self named Jaehwan. His bubbly personality reflecting his abilities. He'd always bounce between both forests.

The four grew closer, as the winter drew nearer.




 

The river had just froze over, when Taekwoon and Wonshik discover the small blond boy. He doesn't shiver, and his body is covered in the same plants which grow under the water.

"Hey, kid," Wonshik calls out, gently placing a foot on the ice. The blond groans, and the ice cracks under the dryad's foot. He pulls back, and looks at him.

Taekwoon looks at the ice, and nods slowly. He dashes out, before Wonshik can utter a word. He kneels beside the blond on the dangerously thin ice. The older dryad grabs him, and carries him to the snow covered shore.

The blond boy groans again, and slowly opens his eyes. His deep blue ones lock with Taekwoon's green. He blinks, and looks around.

"Where am I?" He whispers, shifting the now blond dryad's arms.

"A forest, by a stream," Taekwoon explains.

"Can I go back to the steam?" The blond asks, and the dryad nods. He takes a step back, and stands the blond slowly onto the ice. The boy smiles weakly, unaffected by the ice under his bare feet. He walks slowly back to the center. The ice reforms under his feet, and starts to thicken. His smile widens, as he pushes a hand down onto the ice. It melts slightly, only to harden again when he moves it away.

"It's safe for you to cross if you wish," the boy states, smiling brightly. Wonshik takes the step first. The ice doesn't break like before.

"What's your name?" Wonshik asks, walking to him. The boy thinks for a moment, as Taekwoon joins them.

"Call me, Sanghyuk," he decides, smiling brightly.

"He's a cute naiad," Taekwoon states, looking over him.

"Tell me, Sanghyuk; do you know where you're standing?" The other dryad asks, crossing his arms. The naiad looks down to the river, as some of the fish who can survive the winter swim under him.

"An old border," he whispers, stepping slowly down the river. "One which separated the woods around us."

"That's correct," Wonshik states, smiling at him.

"Are you both the only ones here?" Sanghyuk asks, walking further down the stream.

"There are more. You'll meet them with time," Taekwoon states, following after him.

"It's winter, correct?" Sanghyuk asks, looking at the frost covered trees.

"It is," Wonshik confirms, from back up on the river.

"It'll be beautiful in summer, too," Sanghyuk whispers, smiling at them.




 

The seasons had changed back to the next summer by the time Sanghyuk met Jaehwan and Hongbin. He walks down the riverbank, watching the water lap up at his feet. His black hair falls over his eyes. A fish attempts to swim up to his feet. He stops, and kneels beside the water. "Stay in the water," he whispers, gently nudging it back into the main part of the river.

It swims back to its school, as Sanghyuk rises back up again. He looks down the bank, and notices a small figure. He walks slowly, reaching the figure quickly. "Hello," he greets, looking at the redheaded man. He starts, and glances to Sanghyuk. His red eyes widen, and he shakes his head.

"Stay away from me," he commands, backing away.

"Why?" Sanghyuk asks, advancing toward him.

"I'm dangerous," he states. He turns, and starts running down the bank. One of his bare feet hits the water, and it evaporates instantly. He winces, pain crossing his tanned features. A small burst of flame appears, making the man disappear. Sanghyuk frowns, confused by the new man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This will be a Three-shot. Short chapters, but hey, Chasang is getting some love. Which is good. See y'all next week! (-<) <3 ^_^