Colours are colours.

Of Arts and Past.

For as long as I can remember... I wasn't this Kibum I knew.

I was always quiet and depressed, and being the outcast in the class wasn't the best thing that happened to me. No one bullied me, but no one made an effort to befriend me too. I was literally deserted, sitting alone in the last row of table in class (which wasn't really my actual seat, the teacher told me to sit at the back because I was 'intelligent enough' to focus well even in the back of the class) and that; also wasn't a good thing too.

 

I wanted peace, yes. 
But peace wasn't supposed to be in a form of loneliness.

 

And this was the part where he came in.

 

I remembered him as a very good artist, as in he drew really well. His drawings of monsters and overly muscular game characters had always been something I really liked to see (secretly). Although I thought that it was quite childish for boys in our age (because apparently my mental condition differs from them), but those were his art, and they captivated me.

I used to draw a lot too. I was writing a short story where there was a girl named Adreanne just came back from a boarding school, and she met a boy named Arthur who then became her boyfriend. Why Arthur? Because Merlin, duh.

I drew Adreanne, her mother, their home, the couple's meeting place; under a tree on top of a hill under the skies where the stars shone brightly, but my picture was missing a thing, 

Arthur.

Arthur was nowhere in the pictures. I left an appropriate space on the paper so I could go back and draw him next, but that never happened.

"How the hell am I going to draw this Arthur?" I questioned myself, whilst trying to figure out how to draw a boy's body. I kept drawing and erasing everything until the pencil marks of my writing faded from the excessive friction between my hand and the paper.

 

At that exact point of frustration that has no point of return, Kim Jonghyun came up to me with his huge ring file and a confused expression on his face.

"Are you busy?" He asked. I didn't respond. "Can I talk to you? I have something to show you." He said as he lingered beside me, probably trying to make me notice him.

"No, I'm not," I finally replied. He smiled and pulled a chair, sitting in front of me, his file on my desk. He then opened the file and showed me something I didn't expect.

"I always see you drawing alone, so I thought maybe we can draw together today as I already completed all the assignments and well, Minho said the teacher is absent today,"

I looked at him, holding back a snicker. I seriously thought that he was going to show a random Mathematics question to me, but he was ready to draw on a fresh piece of paper instead. "This guy talk way too much," I thought, but I didn't mind. I have lived in my loneliness long enough to despise a cheery music that was his voice. It was like a family of bees just came to my garden and build an empire in here and they leave me golden honey as an exchange- I should stop fantasizing stupid situations and start controlling my heartbeat instead.

"If I am bothering you I'll just retreat-" He started as he got off his seat, but he was never able to finish it.

"NO!" I almost screamed the moment a brilliant idea entered my brain. "I kind of need your help instead. Well, that only if you don't mind." I continued, trying to stop myself from blushing, but deep down, I know I couldn't.

 

He smiled gently and I didn't miss the dimple on his left cheek.

"Thought so," He breathed. "For the story you wrote, right? The one that I read a few days ago? I noticed that there were a few blank spaces and there was no Arthur at all. So...,"

He talked too much, so I didn't have to tell him the details.

"Yes. Can you please draw Arthur for me?" I asked timidly, scouring my pencil box for pencils, ruler and an eraser that I always found myself losing. He watched my movements and grinned when I looked at him when I handed him my pencil.

"Wow. These geometric patterns are amazing!" He said, looking at the mechanical pencil with so much interest. "The colour pink suits the black really well, the hint of purple too. Where did you got this?" He asked as he started drawing on the spot I left for Arthur. The surface of the paper was already furry because of all the erasing I made, but he said nothing about it.

"Ah... I couldn't remember. You can have it if you want. I don't really use it anyway. Don't you mind the colour, though?" I asked, flipping through the pages of his drawing collection. 

"Why would I? Colours are colours and they do nothing to categorise your gender or uality. Thank you, Kibummie, I'll definitely treasure this." He answered, his languid hand movements stopped after I noticed him shaking his head in disapproval.

 

"Nurse, scalpel?" He said.

"Huh?" I exclaimed like an idiot. He chuckled and I felt all the blood rushing to my cheeks for thinking that his laugh was the cutest darn thing in the whole world.

"Ruler, it's a scalpel now. We're in an important operation, nurse. Please pay attention." 

I laughed, handed him his 'scalpel' and he grinned as he proceeded with his operation.

"This is the hardest part. To sew the cut." He made a few grunting noises when he was adding small details to Arthur's hair and smiled in victory after he put down my pencil, now his'.

 

"We succeeded, nurse. Congratulations."

I laughed again.

This kid, seriously.