Meeting Ahn Jaehyun

Life of a Celebrity's Girlfriend

I admit I know nothing about him except for his name and his mother. I don’t know anything else, like his friends or his job and I’ve always felt like he’s hiding a lot of things from me. Especially his job. He’s always asleep at 3 am and wakes up at 5 am to work, and get home only at 2 am in the morning and back again to work at 6 am. His job schedule was never constant. It worries me to death seeing him work like that.

 

I look out the small window of the huge aircraft and look at the sky changes as it flew nearer and nearer to Seoul. ‘I’ve waited so long for this,’ I mumbled quietly.

 

I finally landed in Seoul. I took out my leather jacket and put them on. It was spring season and its almost freezing here. I walked out of the departure hall and looking for my name. I saw an extremely huge banner with my name written in Hangeul. “Omo. Wow. That is one huge banner,” Everyone standing there were looking at the banner and also looking around to see who it belongs to. I hesitated for a bit to go towards it but I went straight to it.

 

“Are you Jaehyun’s friend?” I asked putting on a little effort using Korean language which I am using for the first time after trying to learn it because of Jaehyun.

 

“Yes I am!” The man answered in English instead.

 

“Oh, you can speak English,” I smiled. He nods slightly and rolled up the banner. He moved to my side and pushed the trolley for me.

 

“Welcome to Seoul, Korea, Shaylee,” He said smiling to me. “Actually, Jaehyun hyung is in the car waiting for you, and he have tons of things to tell you. So that you’ll understand what is about to happen for the whole 2 weeks while you’re here,”

 

I froze at what I just heard. I’m wondering if I’ve been loving a ert and he’s going to me and he will take me far away from here to sell me. I brushed off all negative feelings and followed suit. As we reached the van, well, it’s an extraordinary van. All black and has tinted windows and I hesitated to board it.

 

“Shaylee, you can go in. Jaehyun hyung is waiting for you. I’ll put your luggage at the back,” he said smiling sincerely. I opened the door with shaky hands.

 

As I board the van, I turned and saw a pale looking man sitting beside me, wearing a black sunglasses with a fedora, and rather stylish long coat smiling at me. I felt like I could pee in my pants any moment. “J..jj..Jaehyun?” I managed to blurt it out. He lets out a chuckle and smiles widely.

 

“Jagiya, I’ve been waiting for this moment,” he takes off his sunglass, and by then the man earlier whom I have yet to ask his name have entered the van on the driver’s seat.

 

“Wow, it’s really you? Your voice, it’s exactly how I heard it through the phone,” I gasp at how ridiculously good looking my boyfriend is. I turned to him to get a look at him. He took my hand and held it tight.

 

“Did you think I was a scam?” He said laughing. “You’re a really beautiful lady,” he said as he look at me straight into my eyes. I couldn’t help but smile. It was very ridiculous at how well-proportioned his whole face, down to his body looks.

 

I nod a little before curving my lips into a smile, “and you’re a very good looking man,” I said as I catch a glimpse of him. I felt my cheek burning, ‘oh dear.. I’m blushing,’ I thought

 

He looks at me smiling, he stared hard at my face and said, “Why are you blushing so hard?” He chuckles as he said that.

 

“I don’t know. You’re so amazingly good looking,” I mumbled. “Anyway, what is it that you’re going to tell me?” My curiosity hits.

 

I see him pause for a while, like he’s thinking of what or how to say it.

 

“Hyung, your next schedule will be at 5pm, do you want me to send you straight there and send Shaylee to your apartment or take both of you there?” the man earlier asked.

 

I see Jaehyun’s eyes widened. “Aniya, aniya, cancel my schedule today. It’s nothing important anyway. I’ll spend the day with Shaylee today,”

 

I felt something seems a little bit off. “Honey? Is there anything you’re hiding from me?”

 

“Aniya jagiya, I’ll tell you everything when we get to my apartment,”

 

About 15 mins later, we reached his apartment.

 

It was just us in the apartment and it felt so strange. I started unpacking. I heard footsteps from behind, and a pair of arms wrapped itself around my body. It was his smell that made me submit to him immediately. “Honey,” I said.

 

“Hmm?” He responded while resting his chin on my shoulder.

 

“I’m really curious to know what is it that you want to tell me,” I turned and wraps my arms around his neck while he holds my waist.

 

He lets out a small sigh, “alright, let’s go to the living room,” He pulls my hand. “Ahnjuya, Ahnjuya? Iriwabwa,” He calls out to his cat.

 

The Scottish Fold breed kitten jumped right out running to him. “Aigoo, gwiyoweo,” I said smiling. He lets go of my hand and carries his cat. I took a sit on his sofa, and he joined putting his cat on my lap. He got back up and starts fidgeting in front of his television.

 

“I’m going to show this to you, and try to figure out what I’m about to tell you,” he said as he take a sit beside me.

 

I was so clueless, but I do know that he’s letting me watch a drama. It’s a drama. A drama. “Why are you…?”

 

He placed his index finger on his lips, “Shh, just watch,”

 

I shift my eyes to the television and I saw him on the screen. HIM. ON THE DAMN SCREEN. I turned my head to him, “What are you doing there? Are you? Wait.. What?” I was speechless. He turned the drama off, starts fidgeting in front of the television again. I don’t know what exactly his doing and what exactly he wants to tell me.

 

Another video starts playing, I’m getting impatient. I want to know everything now. He comes back to the space beside me. He looks restless but he’s trying to not show it which obviously failed.

 

“It’s a runway show now…?” I asked. He nods a little while curving a small smile. Just as I want to ask more, I see him walking down the runway stage. I gasp. “Honey… who are you exactly?” He lets out a deep sigh.

 

“I’m a model-actor, and it’s going to be a busy week for me. I have schedules day and night, but I will take you with me, the only downside is we have to eat in the van and have our dates in the van. I must not show you to the world just yet, it’s not for my sake but for yourself. Korean fans here is no joke. They will hurt you if they find out about us and I don’t want that. Please trust me on this one,” He explains in a rather calm manner.

 

I nods, finally understand the whole ‘sleeps at 3 am and wakes up at 4 am’ situation when we first started knowing each other. I’m surprised that my boyfriend is a celebrity but I’m more surprised that I didn’t even know a single thing about it. He was dead popular here, as he showed me his fan gifts in a personal room at a corner of his home. I’m in a relationship with every Korean girl’s dream guy. I know I’m screwed but I won’t give this guy up. He’s so special in my heart, I accepted his love without knowing how he looks like or even his background story. Out of a sudden, he’s actually a well-known celebrity, and it’s going to be really unfair if I were to give him up despite loving him so much to the extent that I came all the way here to meet him, my faceless boyfriend of almost 2 years.

 

“I’m sorry I hid all these from you, I just wanted to tell you face to face but never had a chance to fly to you and meet you,” He said looking down, fidgeting with his fingers. I smiled and lifted his head up, holding his face softly, “it’s fine honey, none of that matters now. We will try our best to hide from public’s eye as much as possible for now, okay?” He flashes a smile and leans in towards me, I looked at him surprised and closed my eyes. I felt his soft lips against my forehead. “I love you, Shaylee. It has been long since I felt this excessive heart beat in my heart,” He smiled. I felt at ease looking at his smile. It was a perfect moment for both of us.

 

“So, what is your schedule tomorrow?” I asked as he lied down on my lap. I caress his hair softly, he had his eyes closed with Ahnju on his chest.

 

“I have a photoshoot at 6:30am tomorrow morning,” he said opening only his left eye. I chuckled, “could you please wake me up tomorrow?” I nods looking at his perfect face. ‘I must be a hero during my past life to deserve him,’ I thought.

 

“Oh dear!” I turned around looking for my hand phone. He sat up looking at me shocked. “What happened??” He asked trying to figure out what I’m looking for.

 

“I’m supposed to call mom as soon as I reached here but I’ve forgotten about it,” He pulled out his phone as soon as he heard that. “Here, here, call her using mine,” I smiled and took his phone, “thank you Honey,” I dialed mom’s number and put it on speaker.

 

Mom’s caller ring blasted loud in the leaving room. Since it was the 2 of us, it is very quiet in the apartment. “Hello?” Mom’s voice occupied the silent atmosphere.

 

“Mummy!!” I exclaimed. “Lily!” Mom responded. “Did you arrived safely honey? How are you, and how is my son in law doing?” Jaehyun who heard that widened his eyes and laughs. “I arrived really safely mummy and we are both doing just fine,” I said. “That’s great, have fun, you two,” Mom laughs. “Thank you mummy!” Jaehyun said out loud. I was surprised that he isn’t shy to do that. “OMG, is that you son in law?” They both started laughing. “Omo, you both are already close before meeting. It’s going to be chaos when you both meet,” I said. “Don’t be jealous honey, I’ll hang up now. Call me whenever you’re free. Goodnight you two!”

 

“Goodnight mummy,” We both chimed.

 

“Honey, you should sleep. You’re going to have a long day tomorrow,” I turned to him who looks so excited after the call.

 

He responded with a laugh, “Baby, I’m used to it but not you. You should go to sleep,” I realized he is right. I’m going to be jet lagged tomorrow if I don’t sleep.

 

I nods slowly, “You’re right. So… Do I sleep alone? In that room?”

 

“No, I’m sleeping with you,” He chuckles. “You just have to put your clothes in that room, my wardrobe is full but my bed is empty without you,”

 

I laughed out loud, “ewwww! Cheesy!!”

 

We both had a good laugh and talked till I fell asleep.

 

I woke up surprisingly early the next day, it’s only 4am in the morning. I look to my side and Jaehyun oppa is sleeping so soundly. His face look so calm, he looks like he have everything in the world with no worries. I decided to get up and cook some breakfast for him. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and look through the fridge for ingredients to be cooked. I managed to find some eggs and franks. I made some American breakfast with scrambled eggs, franks with a toast and jam. After setting up the table, I went back up to wake Jaehyun up.

 

Still asleep with an exact same position as when I woke up earlier. I looked at the clock it’s already almost 5am, I rest my knee on the bed and leans towards him. “Honey, let’s have breakfast before you go to work, hmm?” I place my palm on his cheek and rubs it softly with my thumb. He opens his eyes slowly and close it back again, “hmm,” this time he only open his left eye and looked at me, I switch the side lamp on. “Let’s get up and eat breakfast, okay honey?” His lips curved into a sleepy smile and sat up, looking into the blank space. “Do I need to carry you downstairs big baby?” I joked. He shook his head. He’s extremely quiet when he wakes up from sleep. It’s such a cute scene. I walked towards him and held his hand, pulling him slowly out of bed. He had his eyes closed as we walk down the stairs. Amazing, he knows where to make a turn and where the stairs is. I looked at him, while holding his hand. As we reached the kitchen he slides into his seat and had his eyes wide open. “Daebak. You make all these?” I nod with a smile.

 

“It’s been a while since I cooked so, I’m not sure how it will taste like,”

 

“No baby, this is perfect. I felt like eating American breakfast anyway,” He held his cutleries and starts digging in. I looked on to see his reaction. “Wow, this taste better than the ones they serve in the restaurant,”

 

I responded with a chuckle, “stop flattering me honey,” I started eating too and it does taste good. Well, really unexpected.

 

He finished his food as he talks about his life living alone, and regretted getting a house for his mother because now he have to live alone. It’s been a while since he ate home-cooked meals.

 

I smiled as he continues his story, “ahh, honey, you should go and prepare for work now, It’s almost 6am,” He turned and looked at the clock, ‘ahh! !” It’s not the first time I heard him curse but it’s definitely different hearing it while looking at his face. “I’ll go get ready too,” I said while smiling. We were so busy getting ready that we didn’t bother about each other for the whole time. I got ready first and waited for him at the living room. He’s just the same like the guys over at my country, takes longer than a girl to get ready. The doorbell rings, “Baby, open the door for me, it must be Haein,” He shouted from his room. I went ahead and check the screen, “ahh this guy is Haein,” I mumbled quietly and pressed ‘open’. “Ah hyung!” He screamed as soon as he entered but stopped when saw me. “ahh Shaylee!” He smiled.

 

“You can call me Lily,” I said. He smiled widely and nods. “Jaehyun hyung is still not ready?” he whispered. “I’m here.” Jaehyun oppa appeared from behind. “Let’s go,” He walked towards me and held my hand.

 

“Haein ah, what is today’s schedule?” He said while putting on his fedora and sunglasses along with a mask. “Ahh, today. From 6:30am to 9:30am, photoshoot for Esteem’s 12th Anniversary along with new faces of the agency. From 11am to 4pm, you have interview with Blood cast members to promote your new drama,”

 

Haein went on and on, I continued listening, amazed. I can’t believe I’m witnessing all these, first hand. While Haein explained the schedule, Jaehyun seems relax, didn’t answer or disagree with the schedule, he stayed quiet while holding tight onto my hand. I nudged him and whispered, “Don’t you ever disagree with the schedule? It’s like you’re agreeing with whatever they have scheduled for you,” He smirked. “Welcome to my life, baby,” I looked at him strangely. “What do you mean by that?” He takes off his sunglasses, “It’s not a choice, neither is it an option. It’s priority. I’m paid for the job I’m given and that means the company is paid for the job I’ve done. If I don’t do it, I don’t get paid, neither do the company I work for. Since I’m signed under 2 companies, I have extra jobs. Esteem is for modelling and HB is for acting,” I listened to his explanation one by one. I really find it amusing, how he submit to his responsibility in the 2 companies.

 

“Any more questions my dear?” He turned and asked.

 

I nod while smiling wide, “How did you find me?” I chuckled.

 

“Hmm,” he paused and think. “Apparently, I was scrolling through my Official Facebook Page, and there is this girl who constantly want me to sign up for Twitter and Instagram. So I looked at her profile and you’re one of her friend, I know I sound creepy but that was what happened,” I looked at him, shocked. “Who is this girl?” I asked. “Her display name was Shanie,” He answered after thinking for a while.

 

It was my ex-classmate from high school. She has always been interested in KPOP and Korean Drama. She’s going to go crazy if she knows that because of her, me and Jaehyun met and fell in love with each other.

 

“Do you know her baby?” Jaehyun asked after noticing that I stared at the blank space.

 

“Definitely, she’s my high school classmate,” I said. Just as he’s about to answer me Haein cut in.

 

“Hyung, we are here. 10 mins late hyung.” Haein said tapping on his watch. Both of them rushed and I panicked, although in a rush Jaehyun never forgets to take my hand. I chuckled at his clumsiness when he’s in a rush. He pulled me in every step he takes. “Honey, you can actually let go of my hand you know?” I said giving a very cheeky smile. He grins and let’s go of my hand. He carried his bag and we proceed to the studio. My eyes widened as I look around the studio. It was my first time witnessing a celebrity’s life.

 

“Jaehyun ah, you’re late!” A lady from appeared.

 

“Sorry noona, where’s my outfit?” He asked. “It’s okay, here, I’ve been holding this for you,” She gave the clothing in her hand to him. He starts changing there. I looked straight to him, he looks like he is used to taking off his clothes publicly. I felt a hinge of pain in my heart knowing that many girls have witnessed him shirtless before I do. He then went to a partition at a corner and changed his pants. After changing, he went to a well-lit table and the makeup artist there start their work on him, with the hair stylist doing his hair. All at once. A rather busy day, I could say.

 

I let out a sigh, “Already tired?” Haein tapped my shoulder. I gave a weak smile, “Aniya. Just very amazed that I’m looking at all these,” He smiled softly,” this is how Jaehyun hyung’s life goes. Every day is busy. After this week, both of you can have quality time together. When you leave, he’s leaving for Phuket, and god’s willing, He will stop by Singapore on his way back to Seoul,”

 

“Wow. Thank you so much, I reckoned you’re his manager? Because you explained things with all the details like it’s a script,” I let out a soft chuckle. He laughs nodding. “I am his manager, you’re really fast at keeping up with things,”

 

“Hi, who are you? You don’t look Korean,” A woman walked towards us. She is very tall and she speaks great English, she just sound rather snobbish. “Oh, I’m Irene by the way. Irene Kim. I’m Jaehyun’s partner for today,” ‘ugh I don’t want to know,’ I thought.

 

“Irene, you should go and prepare for the shoot. Don’t bother her,” Haein cuts in.

 

“Haein ssi, do you know her? Are you two related?” She said sounding annoyed.

 

“Ms Irene, it’s your turn,” I turned to look at the photographer calling out to Irene. I’m really feeling uncomfortable with her now. I saw Jaehyun sitting on a very well decorated chair preparing for the shoot with her. “Oh, alright Photographer-nim,”

 

She walks towards Jaehyun and sat on his lap, I felt my eyes and heart burning with anger. Especially when I noticed Jaehyun didn’t even flinch when she did that. Which basically means it’s not his first time have a girl sit on his lap. I have to keep cool knowing that this is his profession and I have to respect that. He will be really unhappy if I make a big deal out of it.

 

“Haein oppa, I’m going outside for a walk, call me when both of you are done okay? Give me your number, I’ll buy a SIM card and text you my number,” I took out a pen and picked up a piece of torn newspaper that was lying around for the photoshoot and gave it to him. “Are you okay, Lily?” He asked as he took the pen and paper to write down his number. I gave a weak smile, “I’m okay oppa,” he gave me the paper and pen, I kept both in my bag, the paper in my wallet safely, and went out of the studio.

 

I definitely don’t know where to go, but I have to buy a SIM card first. So I went to find the nearest convenient store. I text Haein as soon as I got hold of my new number. I found a place to sit so I decided to sit and relax my mind.

 

I let out a loud sigh, “It’s just my first day here and I feel like I’ve been ripped apart,” I said mumbling to myself.

 

 

Jaehyun POV

 

“Haein-ah, where is Shaylee?” I walked towards Haein in between shoots after realizing I don’t see my girlfriend anywhere.

 

“Lily? Ah, she just sent me her new number, she said she’s going out for a walk. You can call her if you want,” I looked at him, speechless.

 

“And you let her go off like that? It’s her first time in Seoul, she will get lost. She have bad sense of direction!” I got so mad and raised my voice. “Noona, I’ll postpone my shoot, I’ll come back tomorrow, since all of you are continuing tomorrow anyway,” I snatched Haein’s phone off his hand and dialed Shaylee’s number. Haein was shocked, I felt bad but I’m worried about Shaylee, she had told me countless times about how she always can’t find her way around. If she can’t find her way around in her own country, what about here?

 

Everyone in the studio stood and watched me giving Haein a cold shoulder, all of them knew how close we both are and I rarely raise my voice towards Haein. Haein kept quiet as I walked out of the studio, he followed from behind. “Shaylee, baby, where are you?” I asked as soon as she picked up her phone. “Honey!” I heard her cute voice through the phone. I let out a sigh of relief. “Baby, where are you? I had to cancel my shoot, I’m worried about you,” I heard her chuckling, my lips curved into a smile. “I’m sitting in front of a café right beside your company honey,” as soon as I heard that I went into the van and start the engine, Haein who were following me earlier, slid into the seat next to me. “Wait there okay baby? I’ll be there,” I said and hung up. “Haein-ah, jebal, next time don’t let her go like that, I got so worried, do you know that? When I told you she’s coming here, I made you promise that you would take care of both me and her, and I also told you that she can’t find her way around, no matter where she is, did you forgot that?” Haein nods, “I’m sorry hyung, I really forget that she have bad sense of direction,” I start driving off. “It’s okay, as long as she’s fine,” I smiled.

 

 

Shaylee POV

 

I hung up his call and waited patiently for him, I let out a few sigh, telling myself to forget whatever negative things I thought about earlier. As I was waiting for Jaehyun, a man walked by and sat next to me, “Hi there, why are you sitting here alone?” I looked at him and gave him a straight face. “oh.. I’m dancing, can’t you see?” I answered sarcastically. “Then you should be dancing with me, don’t you think?” He said and tried to grab my hand, I dodged and stood up. By then I could see a familiar van slowing down to the side of the road, Jaehyun came out looking extremely pissed off. “Stay away from her, or I don’t know what might happen,” I ran to him and hugged him tight, the man earlier walked off making a face. “Baby, don’t go around like that. Okay?” I nod. I felt bad that he had to cancel his shoot because of me and my negative feelings. “what’s going to happen with your shoot?” I asked teary eyed. “don’t worry, we’ll continue tomorrow,” he flashes a smile.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 2 will be continued tomorrow! wait for it!