Chapter 1: Contract Marriage

If you do

The sunlight hit strongly on a white Porsche, radiated with extravangence. Inside that luxurious car, Tiffany, seated at the driver's seat, texted her mother to inform her arrival with her brand new white Iphone 6s. She adjusted the rear-view mirror and fixed her bangs before putting on her Versache sun-glasses. Carefully getting out from the car, set her right foot armored with golden high heel out first.Her elegant movement attracted the attentions of the bylookers around. She locked her car and gently patted her babe before she walked off. 

She intentionally dressed herself intimidating-fashioned: Black fit long-sleeved one-pieced dress with a red thin belt coiled around her waist, long golden hair let loose at the sides of her face, a purple Chanel purse in her right hand. As this meeting wasn't as simple as having a family gathering between two well-known companies in the country. It was an utter emergency to save the fortune of both companies. One of them was, no doubt, Tiffany's old man's. 

Tiffany reached the third floor of the shopping complex. With the of the receptionist, Tiffany arrived the meeting area. It was a private room within an ordinary Japanese sushi restaurant. In that closed Japanese-styled room, two pairs of mid-aged couples sat on the tatami floor, each at opposite sides of the low rectangular table, with their knees on the floor, Japanese-styled. She could recognized her parents quickly, looking composed as usual, and turned her head  to the opposite side to study the other pair. They must be Mr.Park Jin Young and his wife. Mr.Park's face crumpled remorsely as if he would burst out crying at anytime as she politely greeted and bowed at them before settled down. All of them looked troubled except Tiffany. She tried to lift up the tense atmosphere by asking everyone to order some food, pushing the menu books to each of them across the table.

Right at the moment, two well-groomed young men entered the room. One of them was well-built with a height of about 185 cm, the other one looked shorter and sort of skinny. Both of them were good-looking. Tiffany bowed at them and got their bows in return too. Her eyes settled on the skinny one and started to think that he could be the one. In fact, she unconsciously hoped.

The well-built one rushed to Mr.Park's side and delivered his whispers into his ear. Mr.Park's face crumpled even more and let out a soft cry, tearless. Tiffany tried not to laugh at that fabulous expression by pressing her lips together.

Keep cool. Keep cool...

 

"Whats the matter Jin Young-ah? Aren't they your sons? They look pretty good." Mr. Hwang concerned.

 

 

Mr. Park, still with his face crumpled, moved his hand directing from the well-built one to the skinny one,

 

"Tae Cyon, the eldest and Young Jae, the second.."

 

"Hello Mr. Hwang. Nice to meet you Mrs. Hwang" Tae Cyon shook hands with Tiffany's parent and then Young Jae repeated after his brother.

 

 

Young Jae... 

 

 

His name echoed in Tiffany's mind. She looked at him again. Young Jae was adjusting his breathe and his forehead was covered in beads of sweat as if he came here running. 

 

 

"So, which one is going to be.. Tiffie's bridegroom?" Mrs.Hwang asked hesitatedly.

 

 

The Park couple and Tae Cyon turned their heads to Young Jae. Tae Cyon weakly shrugged at him. Young Jae's expression was obviously unwilling. He bit his lower lip innocently and slowly raised up his right hand to his chest. Forcing a smile at Mrs. Hwang. Tiffany felt pissed, more like disappointed at Young Jae's action. 

 

 

"Hey, you." 

 

She pointed at him with the blunt edge of the menu book,

"Don't act like you will be suffering with me for the upcoming three years of this meaningless marriage. I don't expect anything from you within these three years and ofcourse, not from me as well."

Tiffany realized that her words were too blunt for Mr.Park. He finally cried out and hugged Mrs. Park for comfort. Mrs. Park didnt do anything but staring down at her knees. Mrs.Hwang slapped Tiffany's thigh to stop her. 

Young Jae slightly nodded at her without a reply. Tiffany got more pissed, pushing her tongue against her inner cheek wall.

Is this idiot looking down on me?!

 

"Erm, why don't we eat first?" Tae Cyon suggested, and seated Young Jae adjacent to Tiffany while himself next to his parents. Tiffany and Young Jae's eyes met. Her glare made Young Jae slowly leaned his body towards his brother. Tae Cyon pushed him away with annoyance and brought up a light conversation about Japanese foods. 

 

 

 

Tiffany sighed.

 

 

 

"Let's make this quick." She cut in the conversation, when Mr.Hwang was in the midst of talking about Takoyaki.

 

"I can cooperate to save the companies with the state of being married to Park family. Since I never intended to get married with anyone in the future. It's just three years, I'm fine with it, zero objection." 

Tiffany stood up confidently and grabbed her purse. The purse, unfortunately, slipped out from her hand and hit on Young Jae's crown. He blinked by the impact and caught the purple shiny purse, between his palm and his face. His right cheek was being pressed so hard that his lips were sticked out. So uncool.

Tifanny snatched her purse back. A red triangular mark was imprinted on Young Jae's white cheek due to the metal ornament on the purse.

She slowly leaned her face close to him threateningly, 

"Its just three years" she repeated softly and stood back up, threw her hair back over her shoulder. 

She properly greeted the elder ones and glanced over the two brothers. Tae Cyon have no idea why he was subjected to her annoyance too. 

Tiffany secretly looked through the gap of the closing doors at Young Jae who was flipping through the menu book, looked pitiful with that mark on his face, before they were completely closed.

So he doesn't remembered at all...

Tiffany let out a short, sacarstic laugh and strived off.

Pabo...