Final

The Weather is Nice

The weather is nice.

The sun is up but because of the season – mid-autumn – it’s not hot. There are fallen leaves but there are still leaves falling from the trees. It’s what people who don’t experience autumn will find beautiful in a country that has autumn. Multitudes of colors from the trees’ leaves are on the ground and people who don’t experience autumn will probably prefer winter because of the snow and the entire place being covered with it like a big snow ball but people who experience both autumn and winter will prefer autumn.

The surrounding is beautiful and they’ll not freeze to death.

Even the people look nice, with thin cardigans and thick turtlenecks.

It’s nice, the weather and everything, which is why the hyungs decided to jog early in the morning. They invited the maknaes but they said they have something important to do.

What it is, they don’t know.

The weather is nice. Even the people the people look nice.

It is such a nice day which is why they are traumatized – yes, traumatized – to the maknae line bawling.

“What – What happened?” Hoseok is one to panic. The stress he relieved when he jogged comes back a hundred times.

“Did someone die?” Yoongi is one to joke.

“Yoongi,” Seokjin glares at him. He is one to not take a joke on scenarios like this. He looks worried at the three youngest members who are not sobbing but wailing. Their tears are no joke.

He walks towards Jimin, the oldest of the three.

“Jimin, what happened? Today’s your birthday. What’s wrong?”

Jimin looks at him with the saddest puppy eyes ever. His heartstrings are tugged and he just wants to hug the younger and tell him that whatever it is, it’s going to be okay. He hiccups – from too much crying – before speaking in a soft voice in between his sobs and hiccups.

“Hyukjae-hyung…”

“What?” Seokjin can’t hear clearly.

“Hyukjae-hyung…”

Seokjin looks at Namjoon who is quietly standing behind him; the latter shrugs.

“Jimin, what happened?” Seokjin asks again. He looks at Taehyung and Jungkook who are sitting on either sides of Jimin; they, too, are weeping. He looks more worried as he waits for Jimin to calm his heart so he can answer properly.

“Hyukjae-hyung is enlisting…”

Jimin’s voice is impossibly soft and it almost stops the shake – and fury – that’s coming from Seokjin.

But it doesn’t.

“What?!” Seokjin glares at the babies. “You’re crying because Super Junior’s Eunhyuk is enlisting?!”

Jungkook looks offended. “He’s not just Super Junior’s Eunhyuk! He’s Hyukjae-hyung!”

Seokjin’s mouth is wide open like he’s just going to take someone by his mouth. He doesn’t even know what to say anymore as he looks behind him, at Namjoon who is looking at the maknaes with droopy eyes like they just said the most boring thing ever, at Hoseok who is looking at the maknaes with the same What the expression he has, and at Yoongi who has his hand on his aching head.

“He’s even enlisting on my birthday,” Jimin whispers, looking back at his phone.

“What’s that?” Hoseok questions him.

“We’re livestreaming,” Jimin answers.

“What?!”

“We’re livestreaming updates from the fans there,” Taehyung elaborates. Then, he looks at Jimin and says, “We should have been there. We should have been there.”

“What?!”

Jungkook looks behind at his hyungs. “We can’t go because we’ll be recognized,” he says it like he is denied to eat kimchi for the rest of his life. “We should have been there.”

Jimin looks at his phone like he wants it to swallow him whole. He echoes what the two other said. “We should have been there.”

“WHAT?!” Namjoon can’t hold himself any longer. “You’re acting like sick fangirls!”

Jimin shots him a dark look and indignantly retorts, “I am a fanboy! And I’m going to be sick because Hyukjae-hyung is going to be gone for two years!” Taehyung and Jungkook also look at Namjoon and nod furiously.

“How can you not understand, hyung?” Taehyung sobs like this is supposed to be ordinary. “Have you not said goodbye to someone yet?” He sobs. He sobs.

“This is crazy,” Yoongi mutters, shaking his head. He can’t even look at their three youngest members properly. Then, as a joke, he asks, “Is Hyukjae-hyung all your bias?”

“He’s my bias,” Jungkook confesses with a soft voice, like he is speaking marshmallow and all sweet things.

“Donghae-hyung is my bias,” Jimin tells them with sparkling eyes. “He’s enlisting on October 15, two days after my birthday.” He wails like a baby puppy being taken away from his mother.

“Siwon-hyung is my bias,” Taehyung says with dreamy eyes. “He’s enlisting on November 19. Just a month away. Just a month away…” He says it like he is being swallowed in an eternal abyss of sadness.

“Why are you all crying like mad? He’s not even your bias,” Yoongi tells Jimin and Taehyung.

“CAN’T WE ALL LOVE THEM?!” Taehyung is upset. He is upset.

And Yoongi backs off.

“It’s just so sad to send them off like this… It’s two years, hyung. Two years!” Taehyung cries and they almost feel sorry for all of them. Almost.

But not quite.

It’s just all so quite unsettling.

“What do you like about your bias?” Seokjin asks, sitting at the couch behind the maknaes. It’s so early in the morning of a nice weather to be disagreeing with the three.

“Have you not watched Hyukjae-hyung dance? He’s glorious!” Jungkook’s mouth is almost watering.

“Have you not heard Donghae-hyung’s voice? I swear it’s as sweet as an angel,” Jimin’s eyes are literally stars. Stars. Yes, stars.

They look at Taehyung and wait for him.

“He looks like a Roman statue,” he says and there’s something not right about it but his mouth is more watering than Jungkook’s and his eyes are more starry than Jimin’s.

“What?!” Hoseok looks at him, confused and bewildered.

“He looks like a Roman statue,” Taehyung repeats, concentrating back on Jimin’s phone.

“Are you going to watch that the entire day?”

“Yes,” the three replies in perfect synchronization.

“It’s just sad,” Jimin mutters. “He’s supposed to be gone for two years. Like he can’t do anything about it. Or we can’t do anything about it. Why?”

He sounds honestly genuine and the hyungs exchange glances because. It sounds too genuine.

“Well, you can train harder and meet them as better hoobaes after two years. You can think about it like that,” Namjoon tells them with a small smile.

He and Seokjin exchange quick glances. Yoongi and Hoseok can’t help but smile as well.

It’s just something between the seven of them.

Jimin looks hopeful. Like his eyes are round and big and full of hope for everyone in the world. He looks at Jungkook and Taehyung and takes their hands. “Right!”

They let the three of them watch the livestream update until Hyukjae is officially enlisted. Meaning he’s gone for two years. Meaning there’s no Super Junior’s Eunhyuk for two years. Meaning there’s no dancing machine and the crazy half of EunHae for two years. Meaning there’s no Lee Hyukjae for two years for Jungkook.

They think it’s done. But they just have to watch tribute videos as well.

They think they probably cry enough for two years.

They think it’s over but there also comes Donghae’s enlistment in October 15. Meaning he, too, is gone for two years. Meaning there’s no Super Junior’s Donghae for two years. Meaning there’s no fish and hopeless romantic and the other crazy half of EunHae for two years. Meaning there’s no Lee Donghae for two years for Jimin.

“It’s even his birthday. Just how sad is that?” Jimin weeps.

They expect it on Siwon’s enlistment in November 19.

Taehyung looks more unusual than ever until he just cries.

Jimin and Jungkook join him.

“Who will I look at?! There’s no other Roman statue like Siwon-hyung! Who?! Who?!”

He’s gone for two years. Meaning there’s no Super Junior’s Siwon for two years. Meaning there’s no perfect visual and ideal partner and EunHae’s official third party and Taehyung’s Roman statue for two years. Meaning there’s no Choi Siwon for two years for Taehyung.

It’s expensive but the hyungs bought three months worth of ice cream in all three days. Those three days.

“What are we doing?” Yoongi questions them – and himself – with a slightly disgusted expression. But he still carries three gallons of strawberry ice cream. And that’s not even enough for Jimin.

 

End

 

A/N:

Because I can’t properly express my feelings about their enlistment – with work, writing and everything in between – this story happened.

Will be patiently waiting.

#eunsihae

#vminkook

#theweatherisnice

I happen to love comments. Especially long ones. Thanks for reading! ** - EK