Tears In The Rain

The Beginning of The End

Prologue 


 

“I want a life with you”, she said, “We will build a home together and this world will be ours”

 

I smiled as I continued to listen to her. Listen to how happy she was. And like my favourite song, I’ve picked up the little details of hers; how she vividly explained the kind of house she would like, the seriousness in her voice, the way she speaks a little faster than she usually does - expressing her excitement. I watched as how her eyes lights up every time we talk about the plans that we have, the future we hold.

 

If only she knew that she was my world.

 

Our family will be big as she dreamed. Six kids we agreed, although she still wants more and is confidence to convince me otherwise.

When morning comes, I shall greet her good morning with a kiss before making her a cup of coffee and toasts, a little burnt – just how she likes them. And when it is time for a bedtime story, I promised to cuddle her close while telling our kids the journey we have made and how much their mommies love them.

I still remember how she told me she loves me and the best part of it all, I loved her too.

I was willing to face it all and so with a loving smile I assured her, “Don’t you worry baby girl, I’ll make it all come true”

 

I’ve worked from daylight to dark, busted my knuckles and sprained my back. Everyday was relentless and could only get harder as the urge of giving up was strong.

And in the moment like those, I thought of the promise I’ve made. I thought of her, the love of my existence and it is then I remembered that there is not a more important person in my life.

I’m willing to work hard and watch my hands bleed so hers could be decorated by diamonds and feel soft on my skin.

From an ordinary teenager to a working woman, the foundation of our dream was built and the first thing I had to do was to look in her way to see if she were proud of me.

 

But baby where did you go?

 

I’m sorry if I was too late. I missed the train and the traffic was a state - yeah you’ve heard that many times before didn’t you? Though, I’m here now and I swear that it is going to change.

You see, baby, I’ve been a place to picked up something; this key that I hold will unlock the life we await. You won’t hear those sentences no more as I will no longer work as much but instead, make up for the time we should have shared.

I tell myself that you couldn’t be far as my feet naturally picked up itself to the place I hope you would patiently be waiting for me. My stomach twisted with every door knobs I’ve turned, why can’t I find you anywhere?

 

It was as if my legs had lost it strength as I collasped on the floor once I was greeted with somewhat an answer; a rounded jewel placed neatly upon every other object I’ve ever given to you. I've made a reach for that promise ring and clutched it close to my heart. With every moment passed, it all seems to make sense, though I would never want to understand. 

 

“Miyoung-ah, Miyoung-ah”, I cried out, calling the name of my lover had never been so painful.

 

Is it no longer the dreams that you want or did it come true with somebody else? Everything that you said we would be. All the things that you said we would do. I had all my life around the thought of me and you. And now I don’t know what to do with forever.

 

Baby, please come back, come back to our home and I will hold you like you have never been gone.

 


 

A/N - This piece of writing was written upon my personal experience and emotions. Please kindly anticipate my future work and chapters.   

Comment, subscribe and upvote if you like the story. Thank you for reading.