End

Hard to Get

 

 

 

Jungkook worked at an ordinary cafe where people usually came to meet their relatives or just to get their favorite menu. But it was a different case for Jimin, who came to see his favorite waiter there. It has been 5 months since he first put an eye on the waiter. He doesn't know exactly why he liked (or loved if he could say) the rabbit-like-faced boy.

 

It was not that Jimin never tried to approced him, he did, many times. Even the boy agreed when Jimin asked him to go for a walk at night. Jimin was so happy, but it was sad at the same time cause there was no any progress no matter how hard Jimin tried to convince him. Though they had hung out more than once already, the waiter always acted profesionally at the cafe and treated him like a real customer, and Jimin doesn't like it, and he knew that it was stupid.

 

Jimin wasn't really sure whether the young waiter liked his presence or not. He never said that Jimin annoyed him, but Jimin thought he could just hid his true feelings, who knows? Jimin doesn't want to bothered the younger if his presence was bothering. It was a lie if Jimin said that he was not tired and hurt. But he couldn't stop himself, no one could. So today, Jimin encouraged himself, to make everything clear.

 

 

 

 

Ding

The bell rang when Jimin pushed the door and walked to the counter right away.

"Good morning, sir. What would you like to get?"

"Cold frappe, please"

"Seems like you likes to drink bitter drinks, sir" the waitress laughed and Jimin just scrunched his nose though he wanted to reply with "I can't even differentiate bitter ad sweet since I met your co-worker"

 

 

Jimin sat at the corner waiting for his drink to be served by his crush that came a few minutes later.

"Excuse me, here is your cold frappe, sir. Please enjoy" he was about to go before Jimin held his wrist and made the younger widen his eyes.

 

"I'm sorry-"


"I want to talk-"

 

"But I have to go-"

 

 

"Jungkook"

 

"My boss will get mad if she saw me" Jungkook tried to pull himself but Jimin doesn't let go.

"I don't care!"

 

"Of course, it's my job and you don't have to" Jungkook relieved that there were no one around.

 

"We need to talk"

 

"We don't have something to talk about"

 

"7 pm tonight"

 

"I have a night shift"

 

"Lie"

 

"I'm not lying!"

 

"Fine, 9pm, I'll wait outside"

 

Jungkook stay quiet. Jimin stood up.

"Where are you going? Your drink"

 

"I came here just to see you, just drink it if you want"

 

"No way, you're wasting our ingredients"

 

"I paid for it"

 

"Drink it all or I won't meet you"

 

"Fine" Jimin sat again, still holding Jungkook's hand (already intertwined their fingers) and take the cold glass with the other hand and drink it oneshot.

 

"Done"

 

"You're good at enduring bitterness"

 

"It's bland" before Jungkook could answer, Jimin already hugged him and whispered beside his ear "I'm going, dont forget tonight, I'll pick you up"

and end it with a quick peck on his head.

 

 

Jungkook was totally in dazed.

 

 

Jungkook tried his best to forget what Jimin did to him and do his job properly, though it was useless. He couldn't stop to think about him. Actually it was not that he dislike Jimin, it was just Jungkook felt he was not good enough to stand beside him. Jimin was rich, and he was not. He took this job to fulfill his school fee. He even took the night shift this week to get an extra salary. Today, if he couldn't get his goal to pay for the flats rent, he doesn't know where to stay tonight.

 

Jungkook changed his uniform and headed off to the office to get his extra salary. Only to be disappointed by the fact that it couldn't reach his goal. He tried not to cry, but let out sobs he couldn't hold anymore. He decided to used the back door to go to avoid Jimin.

 

"Jeon Jungkook, dont even try to avoid me"

Dammit. Jungkook erased his tears and turned around to see the older boy. It's time to use your mask.

 

"Oh, hey"

 

Jimin held his hand. "Now you can't go anrywhere"

Jimin led the way to the playground near there and sat on the bench. Jungkook stay quiet till Jimin broke the silence.

 

"So, Jungkook. I'll just get to the point, k?" Jungkook nodded.

 

"You know that I like, no I love you, what makes you doubt about me?"

 

"I have my own reason"

 

"Please, tell me what is it, please. I will try to be a better person"

"You don't have to"

 

"Jeon Jungkook"

 

"Fine. It's just because we're not on the same level"

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows "What level? I love you just the way you are and I don't know what to do anymore to make you believe me because I don't have anything"

 

"You're goddamn rich and I'm too poor to exist. I can't give you anything cause I have nothing"

 

"Hey, love is not about money. Love is love. I don't care about your wallet nor bank account"

 

"It's a different case with higher class"

 

"It's not a drama" Jimin messed his hair and he held Jungkook's hands in his. "Look at me" the younger calmly obligied

 "Jungkook, I've been chose you for the past 5 months, and never leave you even once. It's all started when I randomly went to a cafe where you worked at. I put my eyes on you since the first time I met you. I was so happy when you accepted to hang out with me, I thought my feeling were mutual, but no. So I think there's a possibility that you don't like me, and feel annoyed by me. I'll make it all clear now," Jimin sigh before continued. "If you don't like me, look at my eyes, say it and I'll never bother your day anymore. I will stop to go to the cafe so that you can have a peace without me. I'll go, step by step, if that's what you want"

 

Jungkook's breath hitched and looked away at the dark sky trying to hold his tears to fall down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't" 

 

 

Jimin stay quiet waiting for him to continue.

 

 

 

"Don't go till I ask you to and that will never happen"

 

Jimin couldn't said anything and just pulled the younger into his embrace.

"I love you" Jimin kissed his head several times and Jungkook cried on his chest. He never felt to be loved like this.

 

"I'm sorry for making you wait for a long time"

"It's worth it. I'm glad that you're not a cheap guy"

"Yes, and you're the cheap one, Park Jimin"

"I think it's okay if it's just for you. Jimin finally pulled away, and pulled the other to walk.

 

"By the way, what makes you cry earlier?"

"Your confessions? Wait, Isn't your apartment in that direction?"

"Hey don't change the topic. Why did you cry when you just get out of the cafe and I'm walking you home"

 

Jungkook suddenly stopped.

 

"Why?"

"You don't have to walk me home"

"Why again why why why" Jimin whined at him. "No. First of all tell me why you cried earlier"

“But how did you know?!”

“I can see it clearly, stupid, now don’t you dare to change the topic and answer my question”

 

"Ah that's.." Jungkook scratched his temple, doesn't know where to start, eyes glued on his shoes.

 

"Look, I took the night shift this week so that I can get an extra salary to pay my school and flats rent, and the flats rent deadline is tonight. But my savings still haven't reach it, so that I don't know where to stay tonight. Finish."

 

Jimin looked at the younger whose eyes still looking down. He knew where Jungkook live, but he doesn't know his family background. He doesn't know the burden on his shoulder this whole time. Jimin held his hands tight, to give some strenght.

 

"You can stay at my apartment"

 

"No- It's okay"

 

"I'm not receiving rejection"

 

"...."

 

"Share your complaints with me,  just call me whenever you need me, I'm 24/7 hours stand by for you"

 

"Stop it" Jungkook lowered his head, hiding his face.

 

"I'm not receiving rejection.

 

“Like a boss” Jungkook punched his upper arm and Jimin catched his hand.

 

“Whatever” and kissed him on the lips for the very first time.