Irene

Gotta Talk To You

The smoke rose midair, sliding out from people's throat after pleasurable inhales, killing each out of general pressures and stresses they have that day, as well as their cells, unfortunately. Good things always come with its expenses. Nothing is free, not in this world at least.

 

The sounds of bottle clacking against each other, against the table, smacked against someone's teeth, are audible even with the fight from the heavy bass of the latest EDM mashed up under the DJ's skillful hands, going from highest to the lowest frequency tone you can find out there. The occupiers of the club enjoy it, dancing their life out, skin brushing skin, exchanges of sweat.

 

Variety of light colors makes the atmosphere become a bit dreamier. It serves as a tool to brings people high, in case the alcohol failed to do its job. The effect of dizziness it brings are satisfying, people gulp it down greedily, head swinging around to the rhythm.

 

Among the group of people enjoying themselves inside the crowded room, a beautiful girl with hint of pink on the tip of her dark, glossy hair can be spotted on the corner of the room, savoring her red wine the bartender has it readied for her even without her expressing her request. 

 

She's a regular here, with no doubt. Everyone recognizes her face but not her name, because first, she's too gorgeous to be forgotten, but too perfect to be approached. People appreciate her beauty from afar, like visitors of a museum. No contact, just admiring, unless she make the move first.

 

Her glorious back skin is left uncovered by her tight, black, sparkly dress, hugging her curve desperately down to a level higher than her knee. Her head rolls from side to side, following the beat of the music. A small smile graces over her sufficiently make-up face, left hand tugged under right's elbow, glass touching her chin as her keen eyes wander around the room.

 

A tap on her shoulder is all it takes to make her pause on her inspecting moment. It's another girl, taller this time. Her make up is a bit too excessive but it doesn't mean she doesn't catch attentions. Her monolid eyes are appearing like cat eyes, seducing people with her gaze alone.

 

"You come again, Irene."

 

Irene brings the glass to , sipping the hard liquor down to her carving throat. Each drop feels like fire. Nonetheless, Irene likes it. "College is stuffy, Seulgi." The girl, Seulgi, chuckles at her reason, totally amused at the irony of the life of Irene here.

 

Irene here might've look like someone who cares nothing but her own well-being. Her stoic face gives people impression of cold and selfishness. But oh what contrary is that Irene here is one of the top students on her class, if not, the whole course. Her grades are beyond expectation, soaring even higher within each new semester. She's smart and intelligent, quick witted as well. Too bad only a few chosen one can see the real her. She literally lives in two different worlds, and not everyone can find it out. Don't ask why Seulgi knows, she just did.

 

A woman and her secret. Irene's trilled with that idea alone.

 

"Script?" Seulgi offers her sympathy through her expression.

 

Irene shakes her head, "We won't do any script until the end of the semester. It was exam I was talking about."

 

Seulgi laughs again, "Sorry. What do you expect from a college dropout."

 

Irene laughs along with her and along the same time, Seulgi light her cigarette up. Irene's laugh is cut off instantly, glaring at Seulgi as well as taking a step back from her. Seulgi grins, puffing the white smoke right to Irene's face, which earned her a grunt in displeased and a quick wave of hand.

 

"Sorry can't help it."

 

"You're horrible. I'm outta here." Irene says and turns her heels around. She hears the other girl laugh loudly behind her departure and she brushes it off just as immediately as it explodes.

 

Another funny fact about her, she can't stand smokes, especially from cigarettes. She have tried to smoke one, she asked Seulgi a favor to help her to overcome this trait of hers, only to ended up with endless, annoying coughs. Maybe that's why she never really go to the middle section nor the dance floor, avoiding the suffocating smell as much as she can.

 

Sometimes she wonders why she was here in the first place, mingling at a place that she has to admit she loathed so much but brings comfort to her lonely heart. Joohyun, as she refers her other self with her real name, would never get the privilege to feel this sensation. 

 

Joohyun who is an outcast among her own peers. The nerd that everyone always make fun of and only come when there is assignment. The girl with her freaky spectacles and always have her hair hidden in a bun and books in hands. Joohyun that always comes out in daylight and is replaced with Irene when night comes.

 

Irene squeezes her way in between the dancing crowd, forcing her way out. This is the only way she can go to the other side of the room. It's bothersome, really, but her glass is almost empty, she's thirsty and bored and Seulgi was being a than a company. She has no choice, doesn't she?

 

"Refill?"

 

"You know me Joy."

 

The bartender, a girl with straight black hair and black and white uniform, nods her head and her hand that's hidden beneath the high table start to work.

 

As Irene is waiting for her drink to come, something catches her eyes. She titles her head, scanning the attractive back of someone whose hair is covered under a snapback, dressed in a simple red plaids and a jeans with her white t-shirt tugged under her belt, busily playing with her phone at the other end of the bar. She doesn't seem like she's particularly pleased to be in a club, which is such a rare sight for Irene to encounter. That intrigued her for some odd reason.

 

When she hears a thud from beside her, she grabs her drink, thanking Joy quietly, totally not caring whether the bartender can hear her or not, and struts her way to the interesting girl. It's a move out of her subconscious at first, but within each steps she grow more and more sure. The girl notices her even before she can arrive right in front of her. She smirks a little looking at those taken aback look on the girl's face.

 

"Hi." She greets lightly. Now that she's closer, the girl looks a bit familiar. However, she pushes those thought to the back of her head as she takes a sit beside the girl's stool.

 

"Hi?" The girl greets her back, a bit dazed and obviously drooling over the sight of her, making the corner of her lips tug even higher. The girl notices her behavior and shakes her head a little, calming herself with her own share of drink. When she greets her again, she sounds more composed. 

 

"I'm sorry, you surprise me a little there." It's Irene's turn to be caught off guard at how dazzling this girl's lopsided smile is. However she doesn't show it. She's good at hiding things remember?

 

"It's alright." She put down her glass beside the girl's to offer her hand to her. The girl looks a bit confused at first but when realization sinks in, she grabs it and shakes it.

 

Irene smiles, "I'm Irene. You?"

 

"People call me Wendy and so I settle with that." Wendy explains briefly. Irene likes how Wendy's hand is slightly bigger than her, and soft too.

 

"Well hello Wendy," she put her hand back to her lap. "I never see you around. Are you new?"

 

Wendy inhales a breath, smiling almost sheepishly. "Yeah. It's my first time."

 

"You don't seem like to enjoy being here though?" Irene blinks.

 

Irene sees the way Wendy's shoulder relax a little. She probably finds Irene harmless after their short introduction. Irene doesn't know why she's glad about it.

 

"To be honest?" Wendy leans her elbow to the edge of the table, now putting her phone aside completely to her jeans pocket. "I hate club. I despise it so much. It's noisy and full of drunk people."

 

Okay, now Irene is lost. "Then what are you doing here?"

 

"Accompanying my friend." Wendy shrugs. She then points her index finger toward the dance floor. Irene follows the line of sight, trying to make out the subject of their talk. "You see that pink haired girl over there? She's my friend. She asked me to accompany her but oh well she ditch me instead."

 

"Pink hair?" Irene questions. She squints her eyes to spot Wendy's friend and burst out into a fit of giggle when she finally finds her. "Oh god her hair is so pink."

 

"I know right! It's stupid. She looks like a weirdo with pink hair."

 

"I'm offended." She brings the tip of her hair to Wendy's eye level. She watches as those brown eyes turn wide in horrified.

 

"I didn't mean it that way you know?" Wendy says nervously, her hands flailing around comically. Irene giggles.

 

"I'm just joking," she waves it off. She laughs again when Wendy let out a sigh in relief. "Chill."

 

"You got me there." Wendy shakes her head in fake disapproval. "So, are you a regular or something is just too freaking irritating that you want to vent it out here?" Wendy asks as she sips her drink until it left none.

 

"Both actually." She says nonchalantly, circling the glass mouth with her thumb. Her long, thick eyelashes flutter lightly. Irene is alluring, Wendy is taken in and Irene well aware about it. "Damn college and all its content."

 

"You are a college student too huh?" Wendy sounds tickled by that fact.

 

"You think I'm too old?" Irene asks darkly, eyes narrowed into one dangerous glower. She tries to look menacing, but Wendy only chuckles it off as if she has seen it multiple times. As if she has grown immune to it.

 

"Not at all. Just," Wendy make a face, facing her palm toward Irene and moves it up and down like a scanner. "Well, you don't look like.. What's the correct word.. A diligent."

 

"No I'm not." Irene says lightly although there's a hint of bitterness under her casual-coated words. Wendy arches her eyes brows, seemingly interest as she waits patiently until Irene continues her word. 

 

"No human is diligent. Everyone have his or her own little moment of rebelling. Even the quietest person can have a riot inside of them." She trails her last sentence, feeling a bit pressed when emotion taking over her. Irene hates it whenever Joohyun interferes her night and messes her mind up at this kind of time. 

 

Irene is surprised when a hand that she has oddly grown comfortable to wrap around her wrist. She almost lost the grip of her glass of wine when slim fingers fill up the gap between hers. It's calming, but scary at the same time. Especially when her heart start to constantly misses a beat or two. She has to restrain the urge to clench her chest with this uncomfortable feeling emerging and spreading through her body like a fire.

 

"Tough time?" Wendy asks softly.

 

Irene always has it hard, but it’s level doubles up when someone actually dare to ask how hard it was. Variety of emotions are starting to evolve inside fragile system, and she needs to bit her lips to avoid them transforming into a form of transparent sorrow. She pulls her hand away hastily, wiping her misty eyes with a forced laugh. She failed to notice the frown making its way to Wendy's face.

 

"The air here is ."

 

Wendy doesn't seem convinced but she pretend to agrees nonetheless. "Yeah.. I guess so."

 

After a few silence moments, Irene collecting her composure and Wendy letting the girl to have a breath, Irene offers her drink to Wendy the moment she notices Wendy has finished her drink. The girl looks back and forth between the glass and Irene. Irene finds it quite adorable actually.

 

"Don't worry, I didn't drug it." Her flirty smile is back to her face, like nothing has happened before.

 

Wendy's a bit baffled at how fast Irene's recovering from her little break down but scoffs nevertheless, taking the drink from Irene's hand. Their fingers brush. Irene assumes that she was being teased for a moment. "You don't seem like someone who is capable on doing such things."

 

"Oh you don't want to know what I am capable of." Wendy throws her head to side, laughing soundlessly. Irene feels her heart warmed up at the sight.

 

"That's good." Wendy sips the liquid and her eyes widen in awe. She pulls the glass back and stare at it like it was the holy water from mars. Irene grins.

 

"Strong enough?"

 

"Totally." Wendy takes another sip. Irene watches as Wendy gulps the drink down like a maniac, eyes traveling down from her sharp jaw to her sweaty neck. A bead of sweat slides down to Wendy's visible collarbone before being by the material of Wendy's t-shirt. Irene gulps. She can't tear her eyes off Wendy.

 

"Thanks," Wendy puts the empty glass down, wiping the corner of her lips with the back of her hand. "I'll buy you again later."

 

"It's fine.." Irene mumbles, snapping off her daydream to meet with Wendy's eyes that's already locked into her. She feels this dull feeling at the back of and she literally jump out from her seat, startling Wendy with the abrupt movement.

 

"Wanna dance?" Irene asks out of nowhere.

 

She is as clueless as Wendy on why she'd randomly ask for a dance in between their unrelated-conversation. She thought she hates the dance floor, but she wants nothing but to relieve this building up sensation inside of her.

 

She takes ahold of Wendy's hand and drags her to the center without waiting for any assent. The grip on her hand tightens as they swim deeper inside the crowd, Irene leading the way and Wendy following behind. Irene's eyes are looking frantically for any vacant space, which is quite a hard thing to do. Even when she finds one, it's bellow her expectation but she settles with that one anyway.

 

"What's wrong?" Wendy asks breathlessly, panting slightly. She sounds more worried and tired than angry.

 

Irene feels a bit guilty for dragging Wendy to her complexity that is her mind but tonight, just tonight, she wants to be an egoistic just for once.

 

"Let's dance!" Irene shouts over the blasting music. She smiles her signature crooked smile, swaying her hips alongside the beat. She closes the distance between their body and whispers on the frozen Wendy's ear. Her voice lingers for a while than necessary on Wendy's eardrums.

 

"I want to dance." Irene's nails are tracing on Wendy's clothed forearm as if she's filling a book with messy continues line. Wendy stiffens under her unexpected, sudden touch.

 

She pushes herself off Wendy, giving Wendy her personal space back, as well as the breath she has stolen, without her realizing, from the girl. Irene gives her a seductive wink, moving her index finger as a signal to draw closer to her. Wendy does what she's told almost robotically.

 

Irene's body move on its own, as if it has its own way of thinking. Irene knows she's quite flexible but doesn't even know that she's quite a dancer as well. Her feet move like it has been programmed, like this is what they were created for. The way she dances is so on point, light and intriguing to the point where some people stop and stare. But Irene's eyes are fixed on Wendy and Wendy only, not anybody else. So does the other way around.

 

The line of their bodies’ make a contact with each other and it gives her more desire to press closer. She can feel Wendy's hot breath patting her face, and she hums when Wendy's hands loop around her waist, forehead meet with each other.

 

"I.. don't know how to dance." Wendy whispers, her eyes fixed on Irene's thin, luscious-looking lips. That brings a smile to Irene's face, draping an arm on Wendy's shoulder.

 

"I can teach you." She whispers back. Glancing and Wendy’s lips before she pushed her way to them, because she won't deny she wants it as much as the other girl does.

 

It starts slowly at first, small, repeated and yet intimate pecks, taking their time like they have the world under their grip. Soon though, it becomes rougher, further, deeper, and wilder. Irene is both happy and surprise at how bold Wendy can be, making her way closer as if they weren't close enough to the point her back is bended backward slightly. She'd totally fall if Wendy doesn't support her, if she doesn't clung into Wendy like one desperate koala.

 

The burden, the gloomy thoughts and the hatred all evaporate from Irene's head as Wendy kiss her as if her life depends on it. It feels like she was up in the sky, with Wendy on her arms. Like Joohyun doesn't exist and only Irene and Wendy are there, devouring each other lips like it was the source of their spirit and energy.

 

Wendy Irene's lower lip on between her teeth, and Irene moan before she pulls away for a short inhale of oxygen, only to meet those plump lips again. Her sharp nails scratch on Wendy's nape, and she can feel the latter jolt in surprise but never leave her side. In fact, she bit harder, and Irene can feel the iron taste of her blood leaking. She doesn't care though. She's too drunk to care. Too drunk in the taste of Wendy's chapped lips.

 

When Wendy pulls away, she feels like half of her is being dragged away as well.

 

"Stop." Wendy says when Irene was being stubborn. She holds into Irene's arm, stopping her from kissing her again or else Wendy wouldn't know how to stop. It takes her all she has to push Irene away and she doesn't know if she can do it for a second time.

 

Wendy lifts Irene's chin with her finger, parting Irene's lips to see the red spot. Irene put Wendy's hand down and look away. She feels like being dropped from a high building down to an asphalted ground. She feels, to put it simple, awful.

 

Wendy's eyebrows pinched together, tainting her face with concern. She respect Irene's silent request but isn't willing to move from her spot.

 

"What's going on?" Wendy asks. Irene stays mum. "Why suddenly you.. Why? The kiss, and dancing I was.." Wendy's head is jumbling with lots of possibilities. She's disconcerted, distraught and bothered at the same time. But it doesn't seem like she'll get her answer for now. Not when Irene is being all mute like this. 

 

And so Wendy apologized.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Irene huffs and wriggled out from Wendy's semi-embrace.

 

Wendy shouldn't have apologized. She doesn't have the reason to! If anything it's suppose to be her who apologize. Wendy apologizing just makes her feel bad, feel worthless, feel everything that all aren't good at all.

 

"Don't apologize.."

 

"What?"

 

Irene step back when Wendy walks closer. She outstretched her hands in front of her, making a shield. Wendy doesn't dare to insist, only watches Irene with both cluelessness and anxiety.

 

"I- I have to go." Irene says in a rush and was about to go until Wendy catches her delicate wrist.

 

"Will I see you again?" Wendy asks. It's not a question; it's more like plead.

 

Irene smiles sadly, brushing Wendy's hand off her and says.

 

"Find me."

**

a/n: so.. how is it so far? lol. Oh and i forget to inform you that this will be a two-shot instead of one because, well.. it's too long to be one XD. Anyway tell me all your thouht about this story! Critics are welcomed as well ^^ Second chapter within this week! Soon!!!! Thanks for reading~