Final

No ragrets

Once upon a time there was a lonely high school student named Byun Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun lived with his mom in a small cozy apartment.

 

Baekhyun's mother had 2 jobs to support the tiny family

 

Everyday he would go to school on his expensive rich man bike, come back, eat, go to his part time job, come back, do his homework and go to bed.

 

Even though he had an expensive rich man bike, Baekhyun was very poor and so he tried to do his best at school so he could get a free solarship.

 

One day Baekhyun's English teacher died.

 

"Hello everyone my name is Choi Seunghyun, I'm your new English teacher, please take care of me!" The new teacher said.

 

"Since I don't know any of you, could you introduce yourselves?" The teacher said. 'He's so handsome....' Baekhyun thought 'His voice is so cute too'

 

One by one the students introduced themselves in English, finally it was Baekhyun's time to shine.

 

"I a-m B-byun Baekhyun... I am liking Girs’ Genereshi end K-k-kany-e Wes-t music.... I'm want to be...t-all like Jonas Valančiunas..." Baekhyun spoke in his broken English.

 

Seunghyun smiled and thanked Baekhyun.

 

Soon enough the bell rang and the students were dismissed.

 

For the rest of the day Baekhyun thought of Mr.Choi's y smile and cute voice.

 

No one knew Baekhyun was into men except for his best and only friend Jackson Wang who was a year younger than him.

 

"Jackson..." Byun spoke "I think I'm in love..."

 

"Oh god Baekhyun not again. Who is it now?" Wang sighed

 

Baekhyun leaned in to whisper into Jackson's ear "The new English teacher.." he blushed.

 

"Seriously?! Baekhyun? A teacher?!" Jackson whisper-yelled

 

"Jackson I really think he's the one."

 

"You say this all the time-"

 

"I had to introduce myself in English and he smiled, I swear he has the iest smile..." Baekhyun said dreamily

 

"I'm surprised he maintained himself from laughing.." Jackson giggled

 

"Shut up, Wang." Baekhyun smacked his pal.

 

Suddenly the bell rang, signaling the students to get to class.

 

After school he went home, ate, did his homework and went to bed. He dreamt of Seunghyun.

 

Normally he would hate English, but now, every week, he could not wait to see Mr.Choi again.

 


 

One time while Baekhyun was doing his homework, he decided to take a break and call Jackson.

 

'Hello?'

 

'Hey, Jackson?'

 

'What's up?'

 

'Nothing much, what about you?'

 

'Same... why are you calling?'

 

'I want to talk to someone...'

 

'What happened?'

 

'Jackson? What do you think would happen if I confessed to S?'

 

'Baek... S might not be someone who... you know is like that, you don't know of he even supports such a thing'

 

'I know, it's just that. Sometimes I would think, maybe it's all just a phase, you know, it will go away one day, but it's been years, I want to be like everyone else... but people are so...' Baekhyun started sobbing

 

'Hey don't cry, everything will be fine'

 


 

Seunghyun was a hardworking young teacher.

 

He was friendly and could quickly make friends. All the other teachers loved him.

 

Well all, except for one, Samantha Lee.

 

Ms.Lee went to the same high school Seunghyun went to

 

Samantha was a popular girl and in her senior year she confessed to Seunghyun, but Seunghyun politely declined her confession.

 

And Samantha wanted revenge.

 


 

"Mr.Byun, I would like to have a word with you after class"

 

'Mudda ...' Baekhyun thought 'he found out.'

 

For the rest of the class Baekhyun thought how Seunghyun is going to yell at him, how he's going to get expelled, he silently prayed to god thanking for having an amazing mom and an amazing best friend.

 

The bell rang. Baekhyun put his books in his backpack and walked over to the teacher's desk.

 

"Baekhyun..." Mr.Choi spoke up "I wanted to inform you that this sort of behavior is-"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"I realise that English is not your best subject, but I would like for you to pay attention in class." Seunghyun sighed. "I was thinking of maybe getting a tutor..."

 

"Okay. I-I mean who would tutor me Mr.Ch-choi?"

 

"There's a student I have in mind, he's American born and knows English well, unless you already have someone in mind, I mean I can tutor you if you want-"

 

"Yes!" Baekhyun said excitedly after he heard that S can tutor him "I-I'd love to be tutored by you, Mr.Choi"

 

Seunghyun told Baekhyun to come after school so they could decide when he could tutor Baekhyun

 


 

At lunch

 

"JACKSON!!" Baekhyun screamed "Jackson you won't believe what happened!!!" Baekhyun said while smacking the younger's arm.

 

"Gee wiz Baek, calm down, what happened?"

 

"Jackson S said he will tutor me!"

 

"That's tight Baek, do you plan to seduce him?" Jackson winked

 

"That's what I live for, Jackson."

 


 

The final bell rang, Baekhyun was heading towards his English classroom where S was waiting for him.

 

The teacher told Baekhyun that he is usually free on Wednesdays after school and then they could meet in the library.

 

Baekhyun agreed with that and they parted ways.

 


 

Everyday Baekhyun would think about how he would confess to Seunghyun and they lived together happily, without a care in the world and how their future child looked like Kwak Shi Yang.

 

A few days passed he thought that maybe he should talk to his mom.

 

"Mom..." Baekhyun shyly said

 

"Yes, honey?"

 

"Can we talk?"

 

"Did something happen?" She asked worried, her son would normally be very straightforward.

 

"Mom... what would you do if let's say I was different from others?"

 

The middle-aged woman sighed "Honey, it doesn't matter to me what type of person you are, you are still my son" she smiled "and I love you none the less" she hugged Baekhyun tightly as Baekhyun sobbed on her shoulder.

 

"M-mom... I'm g-g-gay." His mother softly his hair

 

"It's okay honey, I'm a bit disappointed, I wanted a cute grandchild to take care of. But I'm glad you decided to open up."

 

"I love you." Baekhyun murmured

 

"I love you too"

 


 

Wednesday came and it was time for Baekhyun's tutoring session.

 

"Hello Mr.Choi" Baekhyun greeted Seunghyun politely

 

"Hey sorry I'm a bit late." He apologized

 

"It's okay Mr.Choi" Baekhyun smiled shyly

 

After their little small talk was over they began studying, Seunghyun made sure he explained everything as clear as possible, but Baekhyun had a hard time focusing, lost in those beautiful eyes and charming smile.

 

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun?" Baekhyun was woken up from his daydreaming

"Is everything alright? Do you need a break?"

 

"No, Mr.Choi everything is alright!" Baekhyun reassured

 

"It's getting a bit late, should we continue next time?" Seunghyun suggested.

 

...

 

"Mr.Choi?" Baekhyun suddenly asked

 

"Yes?"

 

"Mr-sir-....what-....how...?" Baekhyun didn't know how to formulate his sentence, he panicked and leaned and placed his lips on top of Seunghyun's.

 

"I'm sorry! Mr.Choi! I didn't mean that!! I'm so sorry, please don't tell anyone."

 

Seunghyun leaned in and kissed Baekhyun again.

 

"Don't worry."

 

Little did they know a paparazzi who goes by the name of Samantha Lee took pictures of them kissing.

 


 

For a while they acted as if nothing had happened between them.

 

One day during a tutoring session Baekhyun decided to speak up about his feelings, how he admired every feature of Seunghyun and how it was okay if Seunghyun hates him now.

 

"Baekhyun I want to say that I feel the same way too, I adore your gentle smile and your amazing voice and those cute puppy eyes, but Baekhyun, I wish I could hold you in front of everyone, I'm a teacher, Baekhyun, not only that but a man as well, not only I would lose my job but what will they think about you, and us" Seunghyun smiled sadly.

 

At first knowing that Seunghyun feels the same way for Baekhyun would have been enough, but now he wants more.

 

"Baek, you're graduating this year right?" Baekhyun nodded "After you graduate, I promise you"

 

"Pinky promise?"  Seunghyun giggled as they laced their pinky fingers together



 

But promises were meant to be broken.



 

Right?



 



 

2 months before graduation

 

Samantha still had the pictures of seungbaek couple kissing and she intended to make both Baekhyun and Seunghyun feel the wrath of Samantha Lee.

 

The said woman spread these pictures all over the school.

 

The next day when Baekhyun came to school everyone was looking as if he was a circus animal, everyone was whispering something.

 

As he was walking he bumped into the school's biggest bully - Cha Sunwoo.

 

"Be careful dude, I heard it was contagious" one of the dudes said

 

"Yeah, dude"

 

Sunwoo pushed Baekhyun and the other dudes started hitting and kicking him. Baekhyun slowly went unconscious.

...

 

"BAEKHYUN!!!" there was a manly scream. Seunghyun pushed the bullies away and fell on his knees "Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Wake up!! Someone please call and ambulance!!" Seunghyun was pleading for help, luckily a kind junior by the name of Mark ringed 911 and help quickly came.

 

The hospital informed Baekhyun's mom about her injured son. The woman appeared in no time, all she wanted to see her baby alive and well but her eyes were greeted by the sight of unconscious Baekhyun laying on the snow white hospital sheets.

 

Seunghyun did his best to comfort the crying woman who was praying to every single god out there.

 

When she finally calmed down Seunghyun and her had small talk.

 

...

 

"Mr.Choi and Mrs.Byun, Baekhyun has woken up do you wish to see him?" A man in a white coat said.

 

Both of them nodded and walked into the white hospital room.

 

Baekhyun looked at them with his barely opened eyes

 

"Mom... Seunghyun.." Baekhyun smiled weakly.

 

"Baekhyunnie!" The woman screamed and ran over to hug her son "I thought I'll lose you"

 

"Mom you're just overreacting, I'm fine."

 

Seunghyun didn't say anything, he just sat down besides Baekhyun and took his hand.

 

After a while Baekhyun's mom went to her second day job. Seunghyun and Baekhyun were left alone.

 

"I had work today..." Baekhyun sighed "All I want to know is how they found out, you didn't tell them, right? You promised?"

 

Seunghyun knew well who did it, he just didn't know if he should tell.

 

"I have a feeling who did it..."

 

"Who was it?" Baekhyun questioned

 

"You should rest for a bit, I'll tell you then. The doctor said you can leave the first thing in the morning." Seunghyun smiled softly and kissed Baekhyun's cheek.

 

A comfortable silence lingered, soon enough Baekhyun closed his eyes and fell asleep. Seunghyun sat beside him, their fingers intertwined, he laid his head beside Baekhyun's and closed his eyes.

 

Evening came and Baekhyun's mother returned from work.

 

She entered the small hospital room and found the sleeping couple.

 

She brought some food for Baekhyun and Seunghyun, quietly put it on the counter besides the bed and took out her phone to take a picture.

 

The woman was conflicted between waking the couple up or letting them sleep.

 

She didn't have to think for long because Seunghyun woke up.

 

As soon as he noticed Baekhyun's mother in the room, Seunghyun let go of Baekhyun's hand which caused him to wake up as well

 

"Seunghyun..."  Baekhyun said silently blinking a few times to clear his vision.

 

He sees a blurred figure standing near them, a second later he recognizes the said figure as his mother.

 

"Mom!"

 

"Hey honey" she smiled and played with Baekhyun's hair. "I got food"

 

The handed plastic boxes filled with food to Seunghyun and Baekhyun. "Eat up"

 

They thanked for the food and dug in

 

"Mrs.Byun aren't you going to eat?" Seunghyun asked

 

"It's fine dear, I already ate on my way here" she smiled "and call me mother or aunt, whatever you find comfortable, Mrs.Byun is too formal"

 

Evening soon came and Baekhyun's mom, after a lot of convincing, made Seunghyun go home.

 

Before sleep, in bed, Seunghyun did a lot of philosophizing and realised that he missed a day of work and didn't inform anyone. 'Mudda phak me man' he thought.

 

It was late and Seunghyun didn't want to disturb his boss, he made a note to himself to talk to the dude in the morning.

 


 

At the hospital

 

Baekhyun was lying on the bed, ready to sleep, his mom was there, beside him.

 

"Honey, who is Seunghyun to you?" The woman asked.

 

"He's... he's" he thought if he should tell the truth "a teacher?"

 

"Do you like him?"

 

"Would you find it weird if I said 'yes'?" The mother looked at Baekhyun, shook her and smiled.

 

Baekhyun soon fell asleep, the day came to an end.

 


 

The next morning before leaving the doctor advised Baekhyun to stay at home for the day.

 


 

At school

 

Seunghyun walked over to the principal's office to talk about the day he missed.

 

He knocked on the door and waited for a response

 

Moments later a silent 'come in' was heard

 

"Good morning, sir."

 

"Mr.Choi..." the dude said while rubbing his temples. "You were missing yesterday."

 

"Yes, sir, I wanted to talk to you about that-"

 

"Not only that but there is a picture going around the school... of you and a male student"

 

Seunghyun froze.

 

"Mr.Choi Seunghyun this is unacceptable! Dating a student and a male one as well?!" The dude looked angry "This is your final day here. We do not need gay teachers here."

 

Seunghyun was on the verge of crying "Excuse me, sir, but what about the person who took the photo? Why doesn't that person get punished too? Isn't this an invasion of privacy?"

 

"Just get to class, then after you're done with today's work, leave this place and do not return"

 

Seunghyun quietly left the room, he grabbed his phone from his pocked to message Baekhyun.

 

'I love you...' He tried to smile, but tears fell from his eyes.

 

...

 

"Mr.Choi, is everything alright?" Seunghyun heard a soft voice asking.

 

It was a student of his named Mark.

 

Seunghyun nodded and wiped his tears. "You should get to class, you'll be late"

 

Mark was Seunghyun's second favorite student, after Baekhyun, and he didn't want people to look weirdly at him for talking to the gay teacher.

 

"Mr.Choi-" Mark was about to say something, but the bell rang and he had to go to class "please take care of yourself, teacher" he smiled and ran off to class.

 

Seunghyun wanted to go home, and so he did.

 

He didn't want to tell Baekhyun what happened, he knew how the younger would react.

 

Baekhyun would blame himself and ignore Seunghyun.

 


 

Later that evening Seunghyun received a call from his mother.

 

"Honey, God told me today that you got fired.." she sounded disappointed

 

Seunghyun froze.

 

"No, mom what are you talking about??" He tried to brush it off

 

"Don't you lie, God knows the truth. Hallelujah!"

 

"Mom..." Seunghyun paused "I got fired..."

 

"I knew it. Why Seunghyun?"

 

Seunghyun's mom was extremely homophobic he couldn't risk telling her the real reason.

 

"Seunghyun...? Honey, what happened? One does not just get fired out of thin air."

 

"It's nothing, mom. Listen mom-"

 

"God told me it's because of a boy, Seunghyun are you..."

 

Seunghyun coughed.

 

"No mom, I-I need to go now, I love you"

 

Seunghyun sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

 


 

Seunghyun's mom knew something was wrong, her son never acted like this

 

Around a few days ago she received a photo in her email from [email protected] with a picture of her son and some boy kissing. At first she thought it was edited. Her son? Gay?! There's just no way that would ever happen. But he avoided the question today.

 

She was getting suspicious, she felt disgusted just by the thought of it.

 


 

For the whole day Seunghyun ignored Baekhyun's texts, how was he supposed to face him?

 

Baekhyun sent Seunghyun a bunch of messages asking things like 'what happened?'

 

After a lot of thinking Seunghyun decided to actually call Baekhyun.

 

'Hello? Hyunnie?'

 

"Baby.."

 

'I tried texting you all day what happened?'

 

"I got fired?" Seunghyun said unconsciously.

 

'Oh god... Seunghyun.. no, it's all my fault...'

 

"Please don't blame yourself..."

 

'Seunghyun how could I not blame myself? , I'm so sorry'

 

"You were released today, right? Let's meet up" he felt like he needed to let Baekhyun know some stuff

 

'There's new coffee shop near the library?'

 

"15 minutes?"

 

'See you there. Love you'

 

"I love you too"

 


 

At the coffee shop

 

Baekhyun sat down, waiting for Seunghyun.

 

The moment Seunghyun walked in Baekhyun ran towards him and wrapped his arms around the man.

 

"Hey" Seunghyun hugged Baekhyun back.

 

They ordered some coffee and sat down.

 

"Tell me...what happened?" Baekhyun asked taking Seunghyun's hand into his

 

"The principal, his reaction wasn't good, he.. said it was unacceptable to date a student"

 

“Oh…. Seunghyun it's all my fault, oh God, I'm so sorry…” tears fell from Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

Seunghyun softly wiped Baekhyun’s tears away

 

“Baekkie please don't cry, it's my fault, I was impatient…” he smiled.

 

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Seunghyun’s waist.

 

“You were just too irresistible.” Seunghyun joked.

 


 

Weeks had passed. Seunghyun found a new job in a bookstore, it didn't pay much, but he needed money to survive.

 

Baekhyun continued going to school, he still got bullied everyday, but he tried to not pay attention and focus on his studies, he was graduating soon and needed the best scores to get a full solarship and learn engineering.

 

Seunghyun and Baekhyun didn't communicate as much anymore they would send each other short text messages, but that was it.

 

Seunghyun missed Baekhyun a lot.

 


 

Weeks upon weeks have passed and finally graduation day came. A day before that Baekhyun sent Seunghyun a text inviting him, but never received a reply.

 


 

Seunghyun never showed up on Baekhyun's graduation day, Baekhyun began to think Seunghyun has forgotten about him.

 

He didn't answer any of his calls or messages either.

 

Jackson tried to calm him by telling things like ‘maybe he’s busy…’

 

But the thing was he was busy for over a month

 

Baekhyun thought all kinds of things had happened to him.

 

One time suddenly Baekhyun's phone rang.

 

Unknown number

 

After a few rings Baekhyun decided to pick it up.

 

“Hello?”

 

‘Hey….’ Baekhyun froze. It was him…

 

“S-seu..” He couldn't help himself and broke down

 

‘Baekhyun-ah I miss you so much, I swear to god..’

 

“I miss you too..”

 

‘Baekhyun I know you were worried. I'm sorry.’

 

Baekhyun didn't answer.

 

‘Listen Baekhyun I need to explain some things. I'm in the US’

 

“What the hell?!? CHOI SEUNGHYUN! YOU LEAVE ME WITHOUT A WORD FOR A MONTH-”

 

‘Baekhyun, I'll come back soon, I'll explain then, please, I love you okay?’

 

Those three words made him melt, just hearing Seunghyun voice made him the happiest person on earth.

 

“I love you too.”

 

A few days later Baekhyun got a message from Seunghyun.

 

‘hey, babe, are you busy?’

 

Baekhyun smiled and wrote back a short ‘not at the moment’

 

moments later he heard a buzz

 

‘meet me @ the cafe, in 15 minz? <3 :)’

 

Baekhyun dressed in his best clothes which were a pair of y black jeans and his favorite VOTE 4 SUHO shirt, Baekhyun’s biggest style and lifestyle inspiration was G-Dragon, who recently announced he is getting married to one and only Arnold Schwarzenegger.

 

When he arrived at the cafe, he saw Seunghyun already in his favorite place.

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun said trying to sound chill and cool, but unfortunately couldn’t hide the excitement in his voice.

 

Upon Hearing Baekhyun’s voice, Seunghyun immediately stood up and hugged the younger tightly. “Seunghyun!”

 

“You have no idea how much I missed you..” Seunghyun said and kissed Baekhyun’s head.

 

“I missed you too.. You suddenly just disappeared! What happened, Hyun? Care to explain?:

 

As soon as they sat down Seunghyun began explaining

 

“My mother as soon as she found out about us, she was really against it, she wanted for me to leave Korea, the first few weeks were hard I was constantly monitored, mother didn’t want me having contact with you, last week she left to Japan for two weeks” Seunghyun smiled “as soon as she stepped foot outside the house I went online and bought tickets to Korea.”

 

Baekhyun could only sit in silence

 

“I ran away from my mother and I’m not even getting a kiss?” Seunghyun pouted cutely.


 

“You’re such a big idiot” Baekhyun kissed Seunghyuns lips “I love you, but what about when your mom finds out?”

 

“I left her a note..”

 

“A note? Seriously?” Seunghyun smiled and nodded.

“Anyway I don’t have a home now…”

 

“You can live with me and my mom.” Baekhyun suggested

 

“I was hoping to hear that”

 


 

Baekhyun decided to postpone his studies for the other year so he could work and earn some money first, Seunghyun found himself a job.

 

In Baekhyun’s third year of university Seunghyun proposed.

 

After Baekhyun finished university, they went got married.

 

On their 2nd anniversary they adopted the cutest twins.

 

And lived happily ever after.

 

Seunghyun’s mother and Samantha Lee died.

 

Fin.