END

Feels Like Finally

When you kiss and it feels like finally....

And there's nothing else you want more...

Except for that one person who touched your heart...

And promise a love of together and forever...

 

-

 

She watched as the other was getting ready for a gathering tonight. It has been years since they met their friends and tonight they would be going as a couple for the very first time. It took them awhile before they could finally get together. But it wasn't an easy feat as both were clueless of their ual preferance.

 

They dated men before. They had crushes on handsome guys who eventually broke their hearts into two. But it was totally different when it was for each other – their feelings that is. The younger one was the first one to feel something brewing in her lonely heart. It didn't help that both were never close because their clique of friends were just too big. There were 9 of them and they had their own best friend within that group.

 

But the younger one felt a jolt of lightning when Mr Cupid shot an arrow through her heart. It was when she was nursing a broken heart, the older one consoled her. The older girl had went through a heartbreak too so it was much easier for both to relate. But what transpired that night got the younger heart to feel more than what she was supposed to. She had never felt like that before. Was it because she was desperate to have someone or because she was awfully lonely and heartbroken?

 

-

 

Are you sure about this?”

 

I'm not too sure but it's driving me crazy. I miss her like hell and I just want to see her face all the time.”

 

But you have just broken up. Could it be you're just feeling lonely?”

 

I hope so. Because the last thing I wanna do is to hurt her.”

 

I'm sure you're going through a phase right now. Don't jump into it too easily.”

 

Okay.”

 

So that's what she thought. She surpressed her feelings deep down in her heart. She tried so hard over and over again that she fell sick one day. She was lovesick when the older one left for New Zealand with her best friend.

 

The longing; the missing; the craziness and that stupid feeling wouldn't go away. It wasn't helping that jealousy was eating her heart out. The best friends were famous for being intimate; worse than two lovers. Those two besties were just scandalous sometimes.

 

You're making me jealous.”

 

What?”

 

You didn't feel like that towards me.”

 

Sica unnie, tell me you're kidding.”

 

Of course, I'm kidding. Your Tyler oppa will kill me.”

 

No, he might kill me first then you.”

 

Hehe. Okay, I shall stop teasing you. You look so frustrated.”

 

I am. She's driving me crazy.”

 

Then tell her the truth.”

 

What?”

 

What what? Look, if you want to feel almost human, just confess to her. Share with her your obsession.”

 

She will think I'm crazy.”

 

You're halfway there. Just go full force with it.”

 

-

 

And at the same time, just across the Pacific Ocean....

 

You're driving me crazy! If you miss her that much, call her!”

 

I wish I could but wouldn't it be obvious that I'm missing her?”

 

Make it obvious then!”

 

She has just broke up with her boyfriend!”

 

So what? You had the same too.”

 

You're my best friend indeed.”

 

I'm sorry but if you really really love her, then I think it's fine for you to confess to her.”

 

We have been friends for a long time. Wouldn't it put her off?”

 

I'm not her. I wouldn't know. But if I'm you, I would tell her so that I can get over it. If it ends well, then I've found the one I care about but if not, at least i know I can move on from there.”

 

You promise you'll stay by my side if it doesn't work well.”

 

I'm always here. So don't worry and just confess to her! You're driving me insane if you dont!”

 

-

 

Picking up the phone was mind boggling. Her heart pounded like crazy as her fingers gracefully danced on the screen of her smartphone. This was insane; she was going to get clobbered and probably her heart shattered but her Sica unnie was right. She needed to do it before she end up in some mental institute for missing the other like crazy.

 

The older girl did the same thing but she pondered for a second if she should. Well, she didn't want to lose her as a friend but her heart has been beating because of the younger girl. It happened during one of the nights when the pair hooked up to have dinner together. They went to have Japanese food and the older girl discovered a different side of her.

 

Tiffany unnie, do you want some prawns?”

 

Yeah sure.”

 

But before Tiffany could take the plate to her side, Yoona grabbed it first. She started peeling off the shellings and placed the prawns neatly on Tiffany's plate. Nobody did that for her before; not even her damn ex boyfriend. Not only that, Yoona took great care of her. She filled Tiffany's glass of water each time it was running low. She continously gave Tiffany the freshest sushi that was moving around the belt. It was that simple caring from Yoona made Tiffany felt different.

 

Right after dinner, Yoona took her to the nearby lake. It was really beautiful as the sun was setting nicely. It was a spectacular sight to behold.

 

Wow, this is beautiful.”

 

Yeah, I used to come here when I had problems with him.”

 

Oh?”

 

Well, our relationship wasn't going the way we wanted. He was afraid of hurting me while I was afraid of losing him. But eventually, he had to let go because he couldn't be selfish to keep me with him while he had to serve the army for two years.”

 

Yoona's voice was trailing away as her eyes focused on the road. Tiffany glanced to her side and it broke her heart to see tears swelling in the younger girl's eyes. Subconsciously, she leaned closer and wiped those tears away.

 

It's okay. Don't cry. You have me. I'm right here with you now. You deserve someone better and I know you will find it one day.”

 

Yoona nodded before she stopped the car by the road kerb. It was painful for her because she loved him sincerely. And the more Tiffany looked on; the harder it was for her to breathe. All she wanted to do was to make Yoona happy once again.

 

Ya, Im Choding. This is so unlike you to cry. You've always been the stronger one among the nine of us. Well although I know how fragile you can get but you hardly show it to us.”

 

I don't know. I find it easier to open up to you like this. You've always been that sweet, gentle and always caring type of unnie. I'm sorry, unnie. Please allow me to cry on your shoulders because it really hurts.”

 

Well of course. Come here.”

 

Yoona didn't hesitate. She grabbed Tiffany close and hugged her. Tears outpoured onto Tiffany's shoulders and Tiffany felt a tingle in her heart. It was like a jolt the moment Yoona's arms went around her. Both were struggling to find a space and unknowingly realized that they had found that in each other.

 

I'm here, Yoona. I'll wipe your tears away.”

 

That was when Tiffany knew her heart has fallen; captured by Im Yoona.

 

-

 

Her phone rang. Tiffany was startled and her phone almost slipped. She turned it over and saw the name blinking on her ID caller. She was stunned.

 

Tiffany Hwang, can you please answer the phone? It's 3 am in the morning now.”

 

Oh, okay. I'm sorry, Tae.”

 

Tiffany quickly walked out of the room and hid in the kitchen. She took a deep breath before answering the call. Her heart skipped a beat when the other greeted her with a soft hello.

 

Unnie?”

 

Ah, yes.”

 

It's me, Yoona.”

 

I know.”

 

I'm sorry; am I disturbing your sleep?”

 

Eh? No, not really. I haven't sleep yet.”

 

Why? What's wrong? Why can't you get to sleep? Do you feel unwell?”

 

That concerned voice of hers was slowly getting into Tiffany's heart once more. She managed a small grin which she knew Yoona could never see. It warmed her heart.

 

No, I was just looking through something online.”

 

Oh.”

 

Why are you calling me, Yoona? Is everything okay?”

 

It was Yoona's turn to be tongue-tied. She had no idea what went through her mind and what made her so bold and brazen to call Tiffany. She had practiced what she wanted to say but the moment she heard Tiffany's voice, her heart wavered.

 

Yoona?”

 

Eh?”

 

Why? Why did you call me for?”

 

I....”

 

What is it?”

 

I miss you.”

 

And Yoona hung up immediately. Tiffany was surprised at first but she heard those words. Her heart melted and she smiled.

 

I miss you too, Im Choding.”

 

-

 

She's coming home today.”

 

No reaction.

 

Ya, are you listening to me?”

 

Still, there was no reaction.

 

IM YOONA!”

 

Yoona sat upright when she heard the scream just behind her ears. She turned to find Jessica and Yuri grinning like Cheshire cats.

 

What's with that creepy grin?”

 

You're lost in your world. We have been talking to you but you ignored us.”

 

Don't lie. You're just here to make me feel even more miserable.”

 

She's coming home today.”

 

I know.”

 

And why are you here; drinking your heart out?”

 

It's your fault, Sica unnie.”

 

What?”

 

You told me to confess.”

 

You didn't confess. You just hung up on her.”

 

It was nerve-wrecking!”

 

And what? What did you expect her to do when you did that?”

 

I hate you. Both of you.”

 

What did I do wrong??”

 

Yuri unnie, you keep teasing me.”

 

Aw, I just find your love for Tiffany is so amusing.”

 

If I have a baseball bat right now, I will whack you with it.”

 

Ask Seunghwan oppa for it.”

 

URGH!”

 

Okay, enough both of you. Yoona, what are you going to do next? She's coming home today.”

 

That's why I'm here. Hiding.”

 

Coward.”

 

Easy there; the baseball bat offer is still in.”

 

Yuri stuck her tonge out; infuriated Yoona even further. She was about to swing her arm towards Yuri when she heard someone calling out for her. The trio turned to find Tiffany and Taeyeon staring at them.

 

Taeyeon? Tiffany? You're back?”

 

Yuri pretended to be surprised. Well, the girls were back since morning but of course she hid the truth from Yoona. Tiffany had already called the other girls. She wanted to surprise Yoona.

 

Yeah, what is this? You're drinking without us!”

 

Taeyeon coolly walked past Yoona and smacked her forehead. That earned a glare from Tiffany and Taeyeon sniggered.

 

God, it's just a smack, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and Jessica was doing high-fives with Taeyeon. Yuri smacked Yoona before running away. Tiffany was showing her fist at the tanned girl.

 

Gosh, Tiffany's so protective. She's not yours yet, technically.”

 

YA!”

 

We better go before Tiffany throws her glasses at us!”

 

Taeyeon and Jessica ran away before Tiffany could get hold of them. Im Yoona was still rooted to her seat. She heard those teasings but she was still unsure what they meant. Tiffany was looking at the floor. She was shy. And she was so adorable when she had those red tint blushes on her cheeks.

 

Unnie?”

 

Huh?”

 

Um, you're blushing.”

 

Tiffany looked up to find Yoona still staring at her. That deer doe eyes were piercing through hers. She smileed and that eye-smiles showed up. That melted Yoona's heart almost instantly. She was blushing too.

 

You're blushing too.”

 

Only you can make me blush like that.”

 

Tiffany's eyes widened. Could it be? Is Yoona feeling the same for her?

 

So, your cheeks turn red because of me?”

 

Well, it's not only that. My heart's beating like crazy now.”

 

Yoona suddenly stood up and closed the gap between them. The younger one was much taller so she was practically leaning over while Tiffany was staring up at her. Their lips were just within close proximity but they were so intensely staring deep into each other's minds.

 

You drive me crazy.”

 

Yoona whispered in a hush.

 

You have to take responsible for these intense feelings I have inside.”

 

I'd love to. But will you allow me to?”

 

Then why I'm standing in front of you like this; desiring for you to kiss me on my lips and take me higher in your dreams?”

 

Yoona grinned. Their noses touched.

 

Is this how you want us to be on our first confession?”

 

You have no idea what you have done to me.”

 

Yoona didn't answer. She just pursued her lips together and gently pressed them on Tiffany's. The spark was ignited. Yoona had found her answer and Tiffany was absolutely convinced that Yoona's her answer.

 

When they pulled away briefly, Yoona leaned towards Tiffany and whispered.

 

I heard when you kiss and it feels like finally... that's the one for you.”

 

And how did you feel about it?”

 

Yoona grinned.

 

It feels like finally..... and forever and ever.”

 

Tiffany was hooked ultimately.

 

-

 

Hey, hey, get a room!”

 

Soo Young was glaring at the couple in front of her. Jessica was rolling her eyes and Seohyun was looking elsewhere.

 

What?”

 

This is a gathering; not PDA corner!”

 

I'm sorry, Taetae. I cannot get enough of her.”

 

Tiffany Hwang! You don't say such things over dinner with friends!”

 

Sunny was horified when Tiffany rebelled as she bit Yoona's ears tenderly.

 

I don't rememeber Tiffany being so .”

 

Hyoyeon nonchalantly spoke up. The others groaned.

 

She is with me.”

 

Yoona, shut up.”

 

That's my revenge for teasing me, Yuri unnie!”

 

I shouldn't have encouraged her to confess!”

 

I shouldn't have told Yoona to call her!”

 

Their best friends, Jessica and Taeyeon regretted.

 

Too late. We have found each other.”

 

And yeah, it's going to be forever and ever.”

 

OH MAN!”

 

The couple grinned widely as their friends gave up on them.

 

-