Let's Make Friends

Stuck in the Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tracklist:

Mblaq - Our Relationship

Seo Inguk - Love Again

Teen Top - I'm Sorry

“Ugh” Jinhee rolled her eyes seeing the cocky redhead stepping inside the canteen with his group of friends. They were all idiots acting like they owned the school. They believed they were shooting for some Korean drama being the arrogant yet handsome kingka’s everyone wanted, and unfortunately it was true. Girls literally screamed the moment they would arrive at school. They had already chosen which one; they wanted to wed and made all kinds of crazy plans on how to trap their boy to marry them.

“Why are you always so happy to see me?” Kyungsoo the only person who could tolerate Jinhee’s bluntness appeared in front of her eyes and her face changed instantly. Her eyes rounded making her look innocent and a smile crossed her lips. “Wow, what a change of mood” Kyungsoo added on seeing how she turned from wanting to rip someone’s eyes out, to literally grinning like a fool.

“Oppa, sit here” She heard one of the girls in the background and the angry expression crept its way back to her face. Kyungsoo understood right away why she was having mood swings.

“Ignore them…or him” He emphasized the last word and Jinhee only shoot him a stare.

“I am not like this because of him. I just don’t like how they’re treated around here” She huffed playing with her food as it was lunch break. “What have they actually done to get praised like that? Their-“

“Not like, Byun Baekhyun?”

“Baekhyun?” She repeated her cheeks turning a shade of red. She was in denial but Kyungsoo knew better.

“Yeah” Kyungsoo’s brow rose up just the slightest as a sly grin appeared on his face. “The boy who takes major in Music just like the two of us and the one you stare at all dreamy” He planted his elbow on the table and rested his chin on his palm while batting with his eyelashes. He was reenacting how Jinhee would gaze at her secret crush.

She narrowed her eyes on him for making her look like a fool. But she couldn’t help it. All her life she had been falling for the wrong guy, and for the very first time she felt like there was someone who appreciated her for her. He was loving, he was caring and he actually noticed her. He tolerated her bizarre ways. Sometimes she could face him and be totally stunned by his features and he would only chuckle and think she looked cute.

“And so? Jealous?”

“Nope” Kyungsoo went back to leaning against his chair. “Just very, very amused” Her brow arched in response. “I never believed Lee Jinhee would be crushing on the Byun Baekhyun” He seemed to have said it a bit loud seeing how one of the kingka’s turned around instantly after hearing what he had said.

“Shhh!” Jinhee pressed a finger against her lips and his eyes rounded as a hand slammed against his mouth. She snapped her head towards the redhead who was staring at her with rounded eyes, and she only rolled her eyes in response. She wasn’t in the mood to eat anyways and decided to drag Kyungsoo outside with her.

“Yah!” Jinhee held her fist in the air about to punch Kyungsoo on the arm, but the moment he flinched and raised his hands in defense she blew air on her bangs and let her arm fall to her side. Kyungsoo sighed in relief and fixed his shirt.

“I think he heard me”

“No !” Jinhee replied being sarcastic and Kyungsoo frowned not liking her attitude. “That’s why I always tell you not to bring up Baekhyun. Especially not at school” She gritted with her teeth and he wrinkled his nose in response.

“Hey” He whispered looking around before stepping closer to Jinhee making her blink. “Do you think he has some feelings left for you?” She quickly shoved him away and scowled.

“I don’t know and I don’t care” She simply stated walking away from him only to stop her tracks and turn on her heels. “Oh, and don’t ever bring that up again!” She gave him a death glare and he gulped while nodding.

Ironically for the next two hours she was going to be locked up inside a room with her secret crush, and the other students as well, listening to their teacher talking about music. It all depended on if she actually listened, which she didn’t. She was busier stealing glances of the boy she liked so much and loved the way he listened intently to what the teacher had to say. She would sigh like a lovefool that she was and have a dreamy expression on her face. Only Byun Baekhyun could make her that way.

“Mr. Byun sit down please” Jinhee blinked seeing him getting up from his seat and placed himself in front of the piano to play the piece they had received as homework. He bowed towards the teacher and placed himself on the small bench placed before the piano. With his straight back, and his foot placed on the pedal, he stretched out his fingers and placed them neatly on the keys.

The teacher examined his body language being rather impressed as the students didn’t only learn how to use the instrument, but how to use their body as well. He nodded his head towards Baekhyun as if telling him to begin and he did. The moment his fingers pressed against the key a soothing melody filled the air and all tension just vanished. Every girl in class was either slightly or very touched by Baekhyun charms. There was something about him that made him so alluring which caught Jinhee’s attention.

She watched him closely noticing how he nodded his head slowly accordingly to the melody. He seemed like he was in a trance the music taking control of his mind and soul. She admired him for that, for being so great with the instrument, she wished she could be just as good one day too. But for now she was enjoying the view.

His movements stopped and the class clapped as if they had witnessed a great musician holding a concert for them. Being the humble person Baekhyun was he bowed in 90 degrees liking the attention he received.  “You were great, Mr. Byun” The teacher clapped his back and he grinned in response.

“Next up, Ms. Lee” The teacher’s brow arched towards Jinhee just waiting for a lame excuse for why she hadn’t done her homework, or the fact that she had cramps in her fingers. But this time the teacher wasn’t up for any of her excuses. She either had to play, or receive extra classes with God knows whom after school.

With a sigh Jinhee got up from her seat hearing a “You can do it” from Kyungsoo who was sitting beside her and she gave him a small smile in return and headed for the podium. She sat down feeling all eyes on her and the moment her fingers pressed the keys the teacher cleared his throat.

“Your posture, Ms. Lee” He reminded and she blinked and straightened her back immediately smiling sheepishly towards him, only getting two cold eyes in return. She gulped and pressed her fingers against one of the keys and this time the teacher sighed. “The pedal, Ms. Lee” He emphasized her last name getting pretty fed up by the fact that she couldn’t even remember the ground rules for playing the piano.

“Oh” Jinhee simply slipped out of and placed her foot on the pedal and tried once again and this time the teacher palmed his forehead.

“No, Ms. Lee get up. I can’t do this” He stated being disappointed.

“What…why?” Jinhee became confused and he rolled his eyes.

“Your arms, they can’t rest against the keys you need to hold them up and straight” He showed her by grabbing her arms and she tried smiling sheepishly at him, but it didn’t work this time.

“The class is over” He waved with his hands being frustrated and Jinhee gulped ducking her head.

“Mr. Byun, would you mind?” He questioned and Jinhee’s head remained ducked, but her ears perked up instantly.

“Not at all” Baekhyun grinned towards the teacher. Jinhee snapped her head up with her widened eyes, and noticed Kyungsoo in the background with a sly smile heading out of the class. The moment the door of the classroom was closed she blinked seeing how Baekhyun left his backpack by his seat and headed towards her afterwards.

“Ms. Lee” The teacher spoke gaining her attention. “I knew something like this would happen so I prepared Baekhyun to give you extra classes after school. I know you will protest but-“

“No, it’s fine” She blurted out instantly and quickly slapped for being so straightforward. The teacher blinked but then nodded his head being satisfied that he didn’t need to put up a fight with her.

“Then it’s a deal. It will be the two of you every day for 3 weeks straight” Jinhee couldn’t believe her own ears. Did he really say 3 weeks? She was allowed to be alone with the Byun Baekhyun for 3 whole weeks. She screamed on the inside but remained cool on the outside. “I`ll leave it to you then” He palmed Baekhyun’s shoulder and walked out of the classroom leaving the two alone.

Baekhyun smiled towards Jinhee and she slowly steered her eyes away from him earning a chuckle. “Sorry, for dragging you into this” She apologized lowly and he shook his head.

“I volunteered” He simply stated and placed himself beside her and she blinked being taken aback from his confession.

“Volunteered?” She tilted her head to the side and Baekhyun grinned in response.

“Well, the teacher was pretty much helpless and I was the only help he could get in such a short time so I decided to help, and besides…” He leaned forward making her back away slightly. “I’ve heard you’re quite the troublemaker so I decided to see it with my own two eyes” He had a glint in his eyes while saying those words and she was left stunned.

“T-troublemaker?” She stuttered finding her composure but failing miserably.

“Rumors” He shrugged. She only crunched her nose not blaming him for the rumors. She knew she was quite the troublemaker, but around him she calmed down and all of her energy and time went over to him.

“Now, let’s see” Baekhyun began. His hand placed itself on her back and she flinched in response and he pulled his hand back instantly. “Oh, you don’t-“

“No, that’s fine. I was just surprised” Jinhee’s cheeks turned red from embarrassment and he smiled slightly.

“Okay then” He pressed his hand on her back again and she could feel her rapid heart. “Straighten your back” He commanded and she listened quickly. While the two of them were enjoying each other’s accompany they were oblivious to the fact that a redhead had listened to everything and didn’t like this Baekhyun already.

--

“So how did the lesson with Baekhyun go?” Kyungsoo asked Jinhee the very next day and she was grinning from ear to ear thinking about the day before.

“Great! He was fantastic” She stated being beyond pleased for spending some alone time with Baekhyun. “I can’t wait to be with him after school today” She cheered in glee and clasped her hands together while Kyungsoo only palmed his forehead and shook his head.

Math classes were the last classes Jinhee had before she was able to meet Baekhyun, but the time seemed to go by so slowly. She could barely sit still in class and used more time glaring at the clock hanging on the wall than hearing what the teacher had to say. When it was 10 minutes left for the class to be done, she couldn’t handle it anymore.

Jinhee packed her belongings and jolted up from her seat seeing her teacher turning on her heels and crossing her arms. “And where do you think you’re going, Ms. Lee?” The teacher’s brow arched and Jinhee stopped her movements and snickered towards her.

“My time is precious, I don’t want to waste it on you and your boring classes” She spat backing hearing a gasp from the class and darted out the doors. She heard the teacher calling her name numerous of times, but she ignored her and sprinted down the hall to the very end where she would meet Baekhyun.

But the very moment she was nearing the Music classroom the door to the janitor’s closet opened and an arm reached out and pulled Jinhee right in. She tried screaming with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter