Finale

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15 – Finale

 

* * * *

 

Past

 

Jinri cried out in pain as another contraction hit, her water had broken over five hours ago. At first she could handle the contractions, they weren't very strong and were only coming every minute or so but now it was like she was getting stabbed in the stomach repeatedly every minute.

Sooyoung wiped her sister's forehead with a cool face washer as her free hand grasped Jinri's with all of might she could offer her sister to go through this. "That's it Jinri. You're doing great." She soothed softly.

Jinri relaxed against the bed as the contraction subsided a little, she managed to take in a few deep breaths but her tears kept flowing from her eyes like no tomorrow. "Unnie I want Minho. I need him here!"

Luna grabbed Jinri's other hand and gripped it tightly. "He can't be here honey, come on you need to be strong. We are both here with you to go through this."

Jinri closed her eyes tightly, allowing more tears to escape. Yes, Minho couldn't be here. He was thousands miles apart from where she was now, not to mention he absolutely had no idea of what she was going through here.

Jinri suddenly felt more even bad, her mother had been so upset when she told her she didn't want her in the room with her while she was in labour. Jinri had been doing great throughout the entire pregnancy and her mother had been with her at all her doctor's appointments, gone out at three in the morning for ice cream when she craved for it and had sat with her, calming her down when she burst out in tears for no reason other than the hormones inside of her playing tricks with her body and emotion. The only reason Jinri didn't want her mother in the room with her was because she knew this would happen, she knew she would cry out for him, would want him and she couldn't risk her mother hearing her call out his name.

Jinri squeezed both of Sooyoung and Luna's hand tightly as she felt another contraction coming on, they were getting closer and closer together and right at this moment all Jinri could think about through the pain was how much she wished Minho could be the one beside her. But she had chosen this way and made her choice. She had decided to keep the baby and also decided that she wasn't going to let Minho know about this child, so she had to deal with the consequences.

The pregnant period had run pretty smoothly, Jinri had no complications while carrying this baby and she had even been able to continue working at a local café until she was nearly eight months along. Her parents tried to convince her that they would support her but Jinri declined. She already set a plan when she decided to keep the baby. She wanted to get by on her own. She had saved up enough money to be able to rent her own little unit and keep both the baby and her in money until she was able to go back to work again.

After the next contraction came to an end the doctor came in to examine Jinri. "Okay you've been doing great Jinri, on the next contraction it's about time I want you to push."

Jinri managed to nod. She did as she was told so when she felt the next contraction, she tried to push as hard as she could until she heard her baby cry for the first time and it was like a beautiful music to her ears. Her baby was finally out to see the world.

The doctor smiled as she placed the little wriggling bundle into Jinri's arms. "Congratulation. It's a beautiful baby girl."

Jinri looked down at her baby for the very first time, a few tears ran down her face as she held her. She ran her finger lightly over her little hands counting her fingers before she pulled back the blanket and did the same with her tiny toes.

"Hey there beautiful girl, ten fingers and ten toes, you're absolutely perfect." Whispered Jinri softly as she cried silently. She glanced over at Luna and Sooyoung who were both getting a little emotional as well.

Sooyoung wiped her single tear. She smiled as she knelt down beside the bed. "You did it my little sis, she's gorgeous."

Jinri sat in her hospital bed later in the afternoon after all the family had been gone. She was looking over the paper work that the nurse had given her. One of which was the form for her daughter's birth certificate, Jinri filled out all her details but only hesitated as she looked at the section that was set aside for the father. Jinri knew she couldn't fill it out. She knew that if she did, everyone would know who she belonged to. Although she doubted the secret wouldn't be last long because her baby was just only a few hours old and now she could already see Minho in her eyes and her face.

Before Jinri could worry about it anymore the nurse brought her little girl in for a feeding. Jinri smiled as she placed her gently into her arms.

"There you go mummy. Have you decided on a name of your little angel yet?"

Jinri nodded as she ran her hand over her cheek. "Her name is Hannah, Choi Hannah."

As Jinri got herself ready to feed her daughter, the nurse picked up the paperwork and glanced in her direction. "Are you done?" Jinri nodded without looking at the nurse as she could feel that her eyes scanned over it. "No details for the father?"

Jinri shook her head. "He's not in the picture."

Jinri couldn't keep her eyes off her little girl. How did she get so lucky? How could she have gotten such a perfect daughter?

Jinri smiled down at her as her little hand wrapped around her finger. She kissed her softly on the head. "Mommy is sorry, for now it is just you and me Hannah."

 

- - - -

 

Present

 

Four months later

 

As Jinri stood in front of the floor length mirror and she slid a white lily behind her right ear, she heard a few gasps behind her.

Jinri spun around quickly with a worried look on her face. "What? What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the dress?"

Sooyoung had a huge grin on her face as she watched her sister anxiously studied herself with a worried look. "No little sis, you look absolutely perfect."

Luna nodded in agreement looking absolutely beautiful in her own dress. Both the girls were wearing matching crimson red strapless gowns that rested just above their knees with a slight drop waist and a matching wide ribbon belt around their waists.

It had been four months since she had left Jaehyun at the alter and she was now in the process of getting ready for her second attempt down the aisle but this time was contrastingly different when she was going to be marrying the person she had wanted to marry for so long.

Also this time her dress had been her choice and her choice alone instead of letting someone else take the reign and practically design it for her. The dress she had picked was a strapless gown with a lace trim and a modest sweetheart neckline. It had an empire waistline which fell into a double layered skirt with a ruffled front hem and a sweeping train that dragged softly on the ground behind her. Jinri had curled her hair so it hung in loose ringlets on her shoulders, the lily safely held in place by a few y pins.

Luna handed Jinri a bouquet of white lilies to match the one she had in her hair. "Are you ready, the happiest bride in the universe?"

Jinri chuckled as her smile was as bright as the morning sunshine. "Let's get this show on the road."

Jinri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter