More Than The World

(1/1) Insecurities

"And the winner is GOT7! Congratulations!" 

The trophy was given to Yugyeom, who bowed and grinned. Jaebum received a mic, and held it with shaking hands. Mark zoned out during his leader's speech, backhugging him and putting his chin on his shoulder, and basked in the glory of their first ever win.

His mind flash backed to when he got scouted at school. to him telling his father he was moving to Korea, to all of his all nighters trying to improve, to meeting his future members (especially Jaebum), to martial arts tricking with Jackson at 3 in the morning, to preparing for and making their debut, to the "A" era, to the "Stop Stop It" era, to the "Just Right" era (where Jaebum finally asked him out after months of flirting back and forth), and to now. Mark's eyes glazed over with tears, nostalgia hitting him hard. 

They did it. They finally won.

--

After they finished filming for the V app, Bambam and Yugyeom broke down into tears, with Youngjae joining their crying fest moments later. Jinyoung sat on the couch, crying silently, with Jackson full on sobbing next to him, the two holding each other. Jaebum was outside, on the phone with his parents to share the news. Mark just stood there, staring at the door, but not seeing. Why was he the only one not crying? He was happy, of course. In fact, he was ecstatic. All the guys in the room were shedding tears of joy, but his gaze remained fixed at the door.

--

"I'm showering first," Mark stated, once they arrived at their dorm. A chorus of whines came from the younger members. "Hyung that's not fair! Why do you always go first?" Bambam complained. "Because he calls it first," Jaebum replied, coming to Mark's defense. The Thai member pouted and crossed his arms. "By the way, I'm second," the leader said nonchalantly. "HYUNG!!!!!!!" 

--

When Mark came out of the shower, Jaebum stopped him on his way back to his shared room with Jackson. He grabbed the Taiwanese male's wrist and brought him to the living room, where the others were. Mark just went with the flow, not knowing what he wanted to do. "Youngjae, can you sleep in Jackson's room tonight?" the leader asked. "I'm practically Jackson's roommate now, hyung. Of course," the main vocal consented. Jaebum thanked his roommate before dragging Mark to his room. "Wait for me," he murmured, before turning to leave. Mark decided to invade the bed, and call his parents. 

"爸爸 (Dad)?" "怎么事了 (Is there something wrong)?" His dad replied. "没有啊,可是我们今天赢了第一名了 (Nothing, but we won first today)," Mark stated, grinning. "真的吗?那么恭喜你们了(Really? Then congratulations to you guys)."  he said. "谢谢 (Thank you)," Mark conveyed.  "宜恩? JB 对你好吗?(Yien, is JB treating you well?)“ His dad asked randomly out of nowhere. "很好啊。爸爸你不要担心。JB 是个很好的人。(Very well. Dad, you don't have to worry. JB is a very good person)” Mark replied, smiling. “他在哪里啊?我想跟他说几句话。(Where is he? I want to say a few words to him) ” “他现在在洗澡。你要跟他说什么呢?(He is washing up right now. What did you want to say to him?)” the son informed. “没有啊,我就想跟他聊天吧。(Oh, nothing. I just wanted to chat) ” Mark's dad chuckled. "你去睡吧。辛苦你了。宜恩,下次再见。(Go sleep. You've worked hard. Yien, I'll see you next time)“ ”好的,再见。(Okay, goodbye)“ Mark hung up.

--

Mark walked back to Jaebum's room after getting some water. When he entered the room, his boyfriend was propped up against the backboard of the bed, waiting for him. He held out his arms, and Mark climbed onto the bed, covering both of them with the blanket. They layed back and turned to face each other, Jaebum's arm resting on Mark's waist. Their legs entangled as they cuddled. "Did you cry today?" Jaebum asked, other hand playing with Mark's hair. "No," the latter replied shortly. "Weren't you happy? The others were full on sobbing," the younger asked, now worried. He stared into Mark's eyes, eyebrows furrowed. "Of course I was happy. But, I felt like I didn't deserve the win," the Taiwanese male confessed. "Jackson is good at rapping and singing, and at variety shows. Jinyoung is great at singing and dancing and acting," Mark continued, swallowing thickly, "Youngjae's singing abilities are unmatched, Bambam's branched out into variety, Yugyeom is our main dancer but he can sing too. And you, you lead the team and you're the main vocal and one of the best dancers in our team. I'm useless."

Jaebum sighed, and brushed Mark's hair back, maintaining eye contact. "When will you ever see yourself clearly? You're fantastic at martial arts tricking, and you're our best rapper. You can speak English and Chinese fluently, and you're good at dancing. Your personality is unmatched and you're our visual. But most importantly, you're our eldest. Every team needs the eldest to calm the younger ones down. We need you here. need you here. Babe, stop worrying over nothing, because you're perfect. You mean more than the world to me. You deserve this. We all deserve this," he finished, pressing a kiss onto Mark's forehead before bringing him closer. 

Mark looked away, and sniffled, eyes filling up with tears. He felt Jaebum's lips on his temple, and heard him whisper, "You can cry. It's okay. You deserve this." And then the tears were flowing. 

Jaebum brought Mark's head to his chest and put his chin on top of the foreigner's head. Rubbing soothing circles on the elder's back, the leader started to cry as well. He couldn't believe that Mark thought of himself as useless. How did he not notice how his boyfriend was feeling earlier? He kissed the top of Mark's head, and continued to comfort him.

--

"I'm sorry for ruining your shirt," Mark mumbled, after he calmed down. "I can't believe you're worrying about my shirt right now. I don't care. Yien, please, don't ever feel that way ever again. If you do, talk it out with me, okay?" Jaebum pleaded. "Promise me." "I promise," Mark replied, before craning his head to press his lips against Jaebum's. Jaebum reciprocated the kiss, taking the lead and kissed Mark slowly, tenderly, lovingly. When they pulled apart, Jaebum pressed his forehead against Mark's, eyes memorizing each other's faces. 

Jaebum rolled onto his back, and Mark rested his head on his chest, right above his beating heart. The eldest threw his arm over Jaebum's torso, and Jaebum wrapped his arm around Mark's waist, both of them sleepy. 

"I love you, Yien," Jaebum looked down, and grinned the lazy grin he knew Mark loved. Mark craned his neck and brushed his lips against the Korean male's jaw before whispering back. "I love you too, Im Jaebum."