final.

Or was it

final.

 
 
 

Seulgi scanned the cupboard mirror in front of her, turning her body sideways while at it. She chose a simple outfit, peach coloured plain sweater and completed her look with jeans that came with slits on them, revealing bits of her fair leg.

 

She was already imagining her girlfriend rocking a plain white tee under a plaid outering. To the eyes of others, it was a plain tee, but to her eyes, it was Wendy's milky abs barely covered by a single piece of clothing. Mm, she gulped.

 

Below, she would also have jeans on,  hugging her toned, although short legs. Anybody looking at them would know instantly that Wendy works out cause' damn her legs are so muscular and firm. And it was true, she does work out often, she would make time out of her busy schedule and ignoring to take care of her body was a no no. Sometimes she would also ask Seulgi to come along, the couple both believed in living a healthy life, to live longer, happier.

 

Not many people know, but, both of them too have perfectly built and toned abs. It was better that only both of them know, though.

 

Throwing all of her necessities in her purse, she shut it with a clack before opening her closet to get one last clothing. Her jacket. It wasn't any ordinary jacket, it was a couple jacket that she bought with Wendy last time. They promised with their pinkies the last time they met that they will bring it along when they go out next week, which is today.

 

-

 

"Seul do you remember the jacket that we bought together last time~"

Wendy whined while pulling on the sleeves of her taller girlfriend.

 

"Ah.. of course. Why?"

 

"It has been rotting for a while in my closet. When are we gonna wear it? I wanna show off to people that you're mine" she winks.

 

Seulgi snorted, "Right. And you clinging on to me like this doesn't?"

 

"You're so unromantic" Wendy pouted as she let go and kept her hands in her pockets.

 

"Wannie~~~" It was her turn to whine now.

 

"I was just kidding. Of course honey, what about the next time we meet? The weather's getting chilly and I'd love to wear the jacket together"

 

Seulgi wrapped her arms over Wendy's shoulder and held her tight with her right while lifting her pinky with her left. Their fingers met as the sweet promise was concealed.

 

-

 

Tossing the bag strap over her shoulders, she opened the door and inhaled the chilly breeze. She shivered at the sudden attack of the cold air but figured that her sweater should be warm enough for her to last until she met her love.

 

It was a cool and chilly day. Just as they had expected. Seulgi stepped out on the pavement and turned right. A long straight path meets her as she started taking slow steps towards The Shake. The Shake was a famous milkshake shop at their neighbourhood. Sharing familiar interests for milkshakes, they had agreed to meet there for a short drink before proceeding to their next venue.

 

Seulgi curled her hands and placed them in the pockets of her jeans. She laid her head back as she took in the chattering of people around her. Laughter among friends, whispering of people, and flirting between lovers. That reminded her of her lover. Wendy. Or who she preferred to call as Seungwan. There weren't many people that she allowed to call her Seungwan but of course Seulgi was one of them.

 

A week or so has past since they last met and although so, Seulgi must admit that she missed Wendy. She missed having her hand in hers. She missed embracing her warm and small body against hers. Her head would only reach Seulgi's chest and that makes it all the better for her. Seulgi absolutely loved the way her head rests so comfortably on her chest, Seulgi's chin will then find its place on top of Wendy's head as they nestled together. It was the most warm and comfortable position for Seulgi, for them.

 

Many thoughts came to her mind as she walked and 90% of them were about Wendy, of course. Seulgi started thinking about how she fell in love with the girl. They have been together for more than a year now. She enjoys every passing day that she had with her and anticipates future days. She just couldn't bring herself to the exact reason why and how she actually started loving the girl because frankly, there were too many lovable traits that Seungwan has.

 

"The best love happens unexpectedly"

 

-

 

Was it,

 

how they first met? It was a memorable day that Seulgi has planted deep inside her head. It even went to the point of her marking a circle on the date on the calendar with a red marker. 12 July 2013. That was a little over 2 years ago, when Seulgi first laid eyes on the beautiful girl.

 

She remembered how kind Seungwan was, she was in an unfortunate position back then. She was having a bad day, everything was wrong. It started from her waking up late to rushing to get ready and then missing her bus. She looked like a mess, with strands of hair hanging by the side of her head and clothes that were not ironed. It was a long day and she also had to carry a huge stack of books and files. . She cursed at herself mentally for not setting the alarm last night. When she finally reached the school compound, she was welcomed with a huge crowd of students along the hallway. She squeezed herself through and managed to safely reach the other end. Except until a guy bumped into her. The worse thing was, he just shrugged her off and walked away without even saying 'sorry'. Seulgi was left on the floor, on her knees as she watched her things, sheets of paper flying out of her file and books scattering around.

 

She drooped her head and started collecting her things in a rush as she still had a class to attend, in which she was already so late. Great.

 

While she was busy picking up and arranging the pieces of paper back into the files, the tail of her eyes caught sight of a pair of approaching legs. She picked up her head to find out the owner only to be met with one of the most beautiful pair of eyes that came with a pair of active and expressive eyebrows. Seulgi got that from scanning the said person's features, from her deep hazel eyes to her pink lips. The person in front of her was beyond beautiful, she was like an angel in disguise, probably to help Seulgi with her messed up day, and perfect her incomplete life.

 

"Hi? may i help you with those?" Seungwan waved her hands to get Seulgi out of her trance and pointed to her belongings.

 

Seulgi was stunned for a few seconds until she finally got a hold of herself. She meekly nodded and they both continued packing her stuff. Both of them kept their head down, too shy to look at each other. She was quiet throughout the exchange and awkward silence filled the air until Seungwan spoke up.

 

"You're from my biology class right? Your face seems familiar, like a gorgeous girl in my class" She grins playfully.

 

Seulgi felt her face flush red as she chuckled nervously and attempted a reply just as playful.

 

"In that case, yes. I am that gorgeous girl"

 

A short exchange of laughters could be heard.

 

"Are you always this cheesy?" an honestly curious Seulgi asked. Just curious, nothing more.

 

"No. But I'm Wendy" Wendy retreated her hand from the books and offered it to her.

 

"It must be my lucky day then. Mine's Seulgi"

 

Oh the irony. Seulgi was having the worse day in her life just a few minutes before. She still looked so messy she was thinking of running off, embarrassed to be in front of the obviously more beautiful girl among them. She also had a class to attend--

 

"Oh . I still have a class to go to and I'm late! Thank you Wen..dy I'll see you around!" Seulgi rushed her words and movement as she practically ran to her class leaving the girl still kneeling on the floor, who then quickly stood up and walked off to her class.

 

Saying Wendy's name was still awkward but her tongue was starting to get used to it considering the number of times she mumbled her name in class, not being able to get it out of her mind.

 

-

 

Who knew by offering a little help to someone having a bad day could lead to this? Who knew that it could lead to something more? Who knew having the worse day could actually lead to having the best? And who knew students of the same class who barely knew the other existed could fall for each other?

 

Seulgi adjusted the strap of her purse and smiled at the thought of the beautiful memory that has now, turned into reality.

 

-

 

Or was it,

 

Wendy's personality itself? The bubbly and cheerful Wendy that everyone knew. The one who would go around and make noise in an attempt to cheer people up. The one who puts others first, her health second, her feelings second. The one who would help anyone in need, just call for her, she'll be there. The kindest, nicest person Seulgi ever met.

 

Deep inside is another kind of sweet. The kind of sweet where she would shower you with love. She will remind you everyday how much she loves you and make you feel loved either by words or she will show you with actions that she really, truly, loves you. Seulgi of course was the 'lucky' one, as she would call it, to be able to feel this kind of love, to be Wendy's.

 

The way Seungwan asked Seulgi to be hers was probably the sweetest thing anyone might ever have done for Seulgi. What made it more meaningful was how sincere she was, and how much she wants this. Not for herself, not for anyone but for the both of them, for Seulgi. Knowing how she could sing and how much Seulgi loved her voice, Seungwan composed a song for her. She serenaded it for Seulgi whilst asking her to be her girlfriend. On that day, Seulgi kept tearing up while nodding her head, softly but with confirmation that she does want Seungwan as much as she wants her.

 

I might never be your knight in shining armor

I might never be the one you take home to mother
And I might never be the one who brings you flowers
But I can be the one, be the one tonight

 

When I first saw you
From across the room
I could tell that you were curious, oh yeah
Girl, I hope you’re sure
What you're looking for
'Cause I'm not good at making promises

But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms
And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn’t do
Baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you

 

It started off with chocolates or sweets everyday, gifts every monthsary and Seungwan sometimes leave letters in Seulgi's mailbox too. This was all of course to express her love. Some people even find it too cheesy or too much but Seulgi doesn't, she finds it extremely sweet how her girlfriend goes through all the trouble just to make her feel good everyday, to make her feel loved.

 

"Im sorry if my gifts are a little too much, I just- they're all for me to express my undying love for you and i have never loved anyone as much as i love you and i want you to know everyday and i want to shower you with love everyday.." she trailed off with her head drooped low.

 

It pains Seulgi to even think of Wendy beating herself up for doing what she does, for being who she is.

 

With that being said, Wendy wasnt the only one giving, Seulgi too often suprises her with gifts and letters just for her partner to know that she too, loves her just as much. Seulgi occasionally surprises her, prepare gifts for her and eventhough everyone knows she can't cook, small gestures such as sending home cooked breakfast to the front of her door really does brighten up Wendy's day.

 

"You mean everything to me. I love everything that you do for me and if I could ask for a small favor, it would be for you to continue giving, surprising and loving me for who I am for I will do the same for you. You deserve all the love in the world Seungwan-ah, especially mine." Seulgi filled Wendy's ears with words deep from the bottom of her heart.

 

-

 

Little by little, the small things Wendy did and is added up to fill the hole in Seulgi's heart. Her heart was now beating with much love with the constant help from Wendy's everyday existence itself. She completed her life, making all the flaws, holes and imperfections seem invisible.

 

-

 

Or was it,

 

the way Wendy's eyes glimmer with much warmth and anticipation everytime Seulgi sees her? And how she smiles so bright the whole world was blinded for a millisecond as Seulgi approaches her? Or how Seulgi engulfs herself in the warmth that is in a form of a human being, Wendy, when they hug each other. Or how with every word that comes out of screams joy, longing and mostly love.

 

"You look beautiful Seul. Ive missed you" Wendy whispers as they let go of each other.

 

"Its nothing special, im just wearing my normal outfit, sweater and jeans" she replied as tints of reddish-pink were starting to grow on her cheeks, unable to hide her blush.

 

"Its not your outfit, its you. Your gorgeous face, your sparkling eyes, your tiny ears, your pink lips, your cute nos-"

 

Seulgi lifts her right hand and quickly, but softly, places it on the girl's mouth, cupping it. She took it back as fast as it arrived there and brings it behind her neck, meeting her left hand as she interwines them. Now she was having her hands wrapped around Wendy's neck, slightly towering over her due to her slightly taller height.  Wendy looked up at her lover's face, still stunned and unable to utter anything. She was absorbed in Seulgi's dark brown orbs just as she was in hers. Smoothly as if in instinct, Wendy brings both her hands to Seulgi's waist as they continued staring at each other for what felt like heaven, both absorbed in the moment. Seulgi was the first to break the comfortable silence that they had ((not that she wanted to)).

 

Staring intently into the opposite's eyes, she said, with much sincerity. "Thank you" And before things get emotional, she retreats her arms from the latter's neck and grabs her hands, interwines them as she chirps "Let's go then!"

 

Wendy's hand was still at Seulgi's waist and she gives it a little pat, telling her that she wants it to stay there and not to go anywhere else. Staying in the said position, they walk forward, marched forward hand in hand, body with body. They marched onwards together through the struggles that they may have to go through. With Wendy's hand in hers, she feel like she is not alone, she is with her. She knows that Seungwan is going to be right with her whenever, wherever for their hands link their mind and hearts together. With Seulgi's body beside hers, she is given the spark, the strength to lead both of them to the direction they dream of. To have a healthy and loving relationship that is strong and tough to stand for many many

years.

 

-

 

Together we can do anything.

...and I love you so much,
I want to keep you safe,
your words are protected with me,
no harm will come your way,
and if it does we will battle each demon,
together we will fight them down,
our hands may get bloody,
we may gain some scars,
but at the end of the day
we will be the ones on top,
i'll kiss yours, you'll kiss mine,
battle scars of silver lines,
history in flesh of our own battles,
together in our passion filled life.

 

-

 

The sounds of the ringing bells of the store door woke her out of her thoughts as she stepped in and inhaled the sweet and savoury smell of whipped cream, chocolate syrup, maple syrup and other flavors making her face beam in delight. She held up her head and perked it forward, turning side to side. What she was looking for finally caught her eye and she started taking slow steps towards the corner where Wendy was at, a smile already creeping on her face. Wendy was already wearing the jacket and Seulgi almost wanted to scream at how adorable she looks but she kept it in not wanting to cause a scene and embarrass herself. On the front of Wendy's jacket was a cartoon picture of a hamster and it resembled her so much and that was also the reason they bought it last time. Seulgi's of course had a picture of a cartoon bear all cute and lost-looking. Yes, exactly like her.

 

Seulgi approached slowly and stood opposite her girlfriend who quickly stood up upon realising her appearance. And again, Seulgi saw the same glimmer in her eyes and her smile that was beaming with so much joy. That though was soon replaced by a pout. Seulgi felt her stomach drop and started to panic, she didnt know why Wendy was pouting in the first place until she said,

 

"Why arent you wearing the jacket? I thought we made a promise"

 

That caused an instant chuckle to escape Seulgi's mouth. Her girlfriend was being so adorable. With that, she took her arm from behind her back and wiggled it a little bit, showing that she too had brought the jacket, just that she hasnt worn it yet. She spread her arms and started wearing it. With instinct Wendy was already behind her helping her arms get into the sleeve holes. Seulgi was caught by surprise when she suddenly felt her body being hugged and engulfed in warmth. She didnt complain and took her arms to hug the said body that she had missed tightly.

 

"What was that for?" Seulgi had to ask as soon as the moment was over and they were already in their seats.

 

"Just, I wanted to test out the warmness of the jacket" she grins and quickly adds "Kidding, that was because I miss you"

 

"and this"

 

Seungwan stood up and leaned forward to the other side of the table to give Seulgi a brief but deep kiss. She let go and went to her ear,

 

"is because I love you"

 

That left a red and shy bear with her palms on her face trying to hide what was so obvious.

 

"I'd kiss you again because I love you too but lets leave that for later" Seulgi grins in return.

 

-

 

A few rounds of milkshakes later Seulgi found herself on the streets again, inhaling the same chilly air just that now they feel different, they feel warmer. Warmer firstly because now, she had her bear jacket on. Second, she had Wendy by her side. She glanced at down the side where her hand was at and it wasn't alone, it was accompanied by another. Seulgi wiggled her fingers that were now intertwined with Wendy's as they walked hand in hand. They walked in silence, a comfortable silence and Seulgi couldn't help but to steal a look of the face of the person beside her only to find Wendy already looking at her direction too. Wendy was so beautiful, she thought. Wendy is unreal, she thinks. Wendy is hers, she knows. In that moment Seulgi felt as if everything was perfect, just how it is supposed to be, her and Wendy.

 

And Seulgi thinks she has found the answer.

 

That moment was then lost and gone as Wendy turned her head forward and raised her eyebrows as an idea popped into her head. Slowly but with much excitement she asked, "Hey Seul, do you want to sleep over at my house tonight? My parents will be out and im dying to share a bed with you after so long"

 

Seulgi hesitated a little, not because she was reluctant, but because she was surprised and unprepared to sleep over. All she brought was her phone, wallet, jacket and some other basic things. Before she could open Wendy was quick as lightning to say something first.

 

"Its okay if you dont want to though, I understand"

 

That caught Seulgi off guard.

 

"No, no. Not that. Im just suprised by the sudden invitation, you shouldve texted me earlier so i couldve brought extra clothes. Or should I go back and take them first before we go?"

 

A flustered Seulgi made Wendy giggle and laugh, shaking her head at the same time

 

"You're so cute when you freak out"

 

"And what are we, strangers? You can use my clothes tonight silly" Wendy adds as she winks.

 

"Ah...." Seulgi was left speechless as she too started laughing knowing how she shouldnt have been so worried of nothing. They will be okay and as long as Wendy's there, its a guarantee that she will be taken care of.

 

In the middle of the tussle they walked past a store that sells Dvds and movies and Wendy suddenly stopped walking, holding Seulgi back as they stood there. Seulgi was confused but was soon smiling bright as a familiar tune filled her ears. The store was playing their song.

 

But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms

And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn’t do
Baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you

 

A smile so tender and warm creeped on Wendy's face as she stared at Seulgi remembering how far they have come. It all started with that song. Perfect. Because Seulgi is perfect and they are perfect for each other. Seulgi took the opportunity of the moment and reached out for Wendy's waist with her free hand as she linked their lips. Seulgi finally had the kiss she promised to give and half the reason is that she didnt want to attract attention in The Shake by devouring Wendy //not that kissing on the street is any different// and the other half of the reason is that she wanted to kiss Wendy after they had their milkshake considering how her lips taste like caramel and maple syrup now. Their tongues worked in each other's mouth for a while until the song was already coming to an end. Both of them pulled apart just as the song ended, ignoring the stares and gazes of people around as they continued walking hand in hand.

 

Baby, you're perfect

So let's start right now

 

 

--

 

 

The small spaces in between the tinted windows let rays of sunlight escape and enter their room, disturbing their sleep and announcing the rise of the morning. Seulgi squirmed around and rubbed her eyes after being attacked by the sun. The bear was awake from hibernation though she was still sleepy. “Mmm” she mumbled as she rubbed Wendy’s stomach with her arms as they stayed hugging each other all cuddled up under the messy blankets.

 

“Good morning sweetheart” she added.

 

Wendy shook her head and wrapped her legs around Seulgi tighter signalling that she didnt want to wake up yet and just wanted to stay like that longer. True enough, she managed to let words escape though slurred.

 

“Let’sss just staaay like this for a bit moreee”

 

Seulgi smiled at how adorable her girlfriend sounds and look, all sleepy. Wendy still had hear hamster jacket on, both of them threw away the idea of sharing clothes and decided to go to sleep with their jackets on as it was a rather chilly night. Her hair was all over the place and she looked super messy to the point that it was too cute that Seulgi cant help but to ruffle it a little bit. Seulgi looked down at Wendy’s peaceful sleeping face and god she looks beautiful, she thought. She had Wendy wrapped in her arms and it was the warmest most comfortable position she might have ever been in. They dont usually have sleep overs and sleep together but Seulgi really appreciates times like this because it is moments like this is when she realises how lucky she is. To have Wendy. To be able to hug and cuddle with her like this. She wished she could stay like that forever and she wished that the morning never came so they can cuddle and be together all night.

 

“Of course, hug me tighter and longer. Let’s skip breakfast and just stay in bed.”

 

Seulgi felt Wendy smile against her chest as she bopped her head slowly.

 

And Seulgi thinks she knows the answer.

 

Just being in the moment like that made Seulgi realise that there wasnt any real reason she fell for Wendy for if she were to pick a reason, there would be millions. With Wendy in her arms she has realised that love doesnt need any reason, love just has to be found and realised. Love means appreciating one for how she is and love means loving her for whoever and whatever she does. As she stares at Wendy’s face a thought came to her head.

 

i love you…

 

for no reason.

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:thank you for reading!!