Final.

The world through my Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

000.

“I am sorry but you only have 3 months to live.” The Doctor Started. “We did and tried everything we can to prolong your life but the cancer has already spread throughout your body that we can no longer cure it.” He finished with a sigh before looking at me in the eyes. “I am really sorry son.” He added, giving a light squeeze in the shoulder. He’s been my doctor since I was diagnosed and has helped prolong my life for a lot more time until now but as expected it can come to an end.

 

I’m Kim Taehyung, 23 years old and I am diagnosed with Heart Cancer. I am already on my Last stage wherein my doctor has given me assumptions of the time I have left in this world. I’ve been living on my on since I was thirteen, My parents have died on a car crash… since then I lived alone. I only have my Butler which served as my right hand too; and by that I meant the only person I could trust and the maids that cooks and helps me with things around. My dad is a great Musician—pianist to be exact, he’s also well-known all throughout the country and when he died I promised to continue his journey and make his music known not only in the country but be known in the whole world…. I guess I have failed him. Unlike the other cancer patients who just lies in bed and waits for their calling I am trying my best to be active and live my life to the fullest and be strong enough to walk on my own, play the piano and go for short walks.

 

As I walk out of the hospital, I headed towards the car and ordered him to take me to Mousiké where I was thought and tutored further more about Music, it’s a school for prestige families with illness so that makes me one.  Reaching the house of my tutor or Mousiké as he wants us to call his house I headed to the living room and was about to enter when I spotted someone else having lessons so I decided to just seat on the waiting area just outside it and watch the person who’s currently playing the organ I can see who the person is since the place’s interior is made of glass. She’s Beautiful, like a work of art—Brown hair, Pulpy small Lips, Pretty nose and her eyes seems so clear and innocent. Then I was distracted by the sudden out of tuned keys being played and she’s playing them wrong that got our teacher quite irritated. He taps the side of the piano with his stick. Why isn’t she looking at the score sheet though to get the right notes… that’s when I realize, she must not be able to see… She’s blind. I felt quite sad for her situation, not being able to see is something so cruel like how can you appreciate the things around you, the world you live in and its beauty.

 

It’s been 3 days since I started noticing her, she seems to get a hard time this past days learning. As she presses the keys in the keyboard I can see her hardships then little did I know I now find myself walking towards her. Sitting next to her I started playing a random piece I made up on my own at first she was startled but then I saw her face brighten up after a few seconds.

“What piece was that? I have never heard of it before.” She says as we finish the session and is now seated in the veranda of the house.

“It’s a piece I have made up on my own.” I said truthfully.

“It was beautiful.” She said smiling.

Like you… I thought but didn’t speak it up. “Thank you.” I said instead.

“By the way I am Bae Joohyun, What’s your name?” she started looking through the nothingness

“Kim Taehyung.” I said smiling.

And that day started the new chapter of my life… A life with her. Bae Joohyun.

“So amm… what made you take this class?” I ask her as we take our break from class and is now having some coffee.

“Well I’ve been a really great fan of classical music and wanted to be like those artists.” She said and as she speaks I can hear the admiration in her voice.

“That’s great. I am sure you’ll do really great.” I said.

“What about you? Why did you take this class?” She asks.

“Well my dad was a great musician and I wanted to continue his legacy and make it known to the world.” I honestly said.

“That’s touching, I am sure you’ll be able to pursue his dream and become a really well known musician.” She said enthusiastically.

I wish I can be… but it’s too late. I sighed.

---

“So am… How did you lose your eyesight?” I ask carefully as we sit just outside the place on a nearby park.

She was silent for a few moments before finally speaking up. “When I was 8 years old I got sick and wasn’t cured right away so I lost my ability to see since then.” She said sighing. “My parents were too busy with their business that I was always left alone at home with no one to take care of me but myself it was only after that incident that they pay attention to me now.” She said and I can see her starting to tear up.

I quickly took her hand and interlaced it with mine. “Don’t worry, you have me now.” I said.

“I—” I didn’t let her finish.

“I know we have just known each other for three weeks now but I am pretty sure what I am feeling is real, I like you Joohyun.” I said looking straight into her eyes, I know she couldn’t see me right now but I felt that need too. I fell for the purity of her heart and her passion and positive-ness in life despite her situation.

“Taehyung…” she called but didn’t say anything else

After a few minutes she turns her head on me and cups my cheeks. “I like you too…” She softly said and I smile widely as I see her cheeks turn crimson red.

---

“So what does the sky looks like today?” Joohyun asks and I look up the sky. Its fall and the sakura trees gives off pink leaves within the sky making it seems a little pink.

“It’s pinkish like how the sakura trees are, like how the color of your dress is when I first saw and how pink your lips are even now. I say as I caress her cheeks and brush my thumb on her lips before leaning in to give her a soft kiss.               

 

 

 I spent my everyday being with her, I never let a single day pass without having to see her or pass by their place and watch her swing herself on the swing in their garden.

Like today, I am here outside their gate watching her. I smile being snapping another picture of her like I always do. It turned as a daily routine for me, snapping pictures of the places we go to, of the food we eat, and us being together, and even candid pictures of her where she still looks the prettiest. After checking the shot I decid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter