EXO Kai

Idols Go Clubbing

"Baekhyun hyung, please, help me with this!"

Baekhyun was busy playing Sonic with Sehun when an oversized puppy came rolling into the room and rubbed himself all over Baekhyun, with an eyeliner in one hand.

"Stop it, Jongin, hold on! Let me just clear this stage..."

Jongin sat back on his heels obediently, causing Sehun to burst out laughing.

"Jongin ah. Why are you being so cute? And you're going clubbing tonight. How can such a child be clubbing?" chortled Sehun.

Jongin sent the maknae a glare for a moment, before changing his mind and turned his head away from him. "I know you're just jealous that Taemin didn't invite you to the SHINee anniversary party."

The gamers completed that level soon enough and Baekhyun found himself dragged off to the bathroom for his expertise in the area of eye makeup.

 

Jongin was very self conscious.

Despite Baekhyun's insistance, he was very sure that the makeup he had on his face is more likely something he would wear to an album photoshoot rather than going to a club. Baekhyun was adamant about those glittery purple and green eyeshadow and high contrast contouring. Even though he firmly put his foot down against fake eyelashes, he can't help but felt that he kinda looked like Maleficent in gay pride parade.

He stood on the sidewalk, shrugging his shoulders to allow that aluminium foil jacket he stole from the box holding their stage costume form their MAMA days to settle properly on his frame. He wiggled his toes in the sandals Kris loaned him, something the older swore to be perfect for with his outfit. Jongin looked down to see his toes in woollen socks poking out from the front and briefly wondered if there is a shoe shop nearby for him to get a pair of normal shoes.

Except that it would be awkward to hold those sandals in his hand afterwards.

Jongin took a deep breath and muttered the mantra Luhan told him, softly under his breath.

You only live once. You only live once, You only live once.

 

"JONGIN! Over here!"

Jongin looked over a bunch of people to see Minho waving enthusiastically at him. He squeezed past the crowd to find the five SHINee members standing together, all of them wearing those blue sparkling outfits from their Everybody promotion period.

Even so, Jongin realised that he is somehow... even more sparkly than all five of them combined.

He wanted to dig a hole and crawl inside to never come out again. Or at least, let s appear beside him. Let them be sparkle more than him.

SHINee though, hardly notice anything. Taemin jumped on him, wrapping those long skinny legs around Jongin's waist.

"Glad you could make it, Kaikai! Where are the other of your members?"

Jongin blinked. "....they are invited?"

"..."

"..."

 

It took some time but Jongin realised that hardly anyone noticed his footwear and makeup in the club. Perhaps due to the dim lightning or perhaps alcohol dulls the senses. Jongin held a drink in his hand (he had no idea what is it. Jonghyun just shoved it in his hand and ran away. He supposed it was fine since it wasn't given to him by Onew.) and swayed awkwardly to the music.

An arm wrapped around his shoulders, which turned out to be Minho's arm.

"Why are you bobbing about here like a ? There are a bunch of stylists noonas over there. Go work your charms, noona killer!"

Jongin thought that it has to be the biggest faux pas of the century to walk over to a bunch of stylists with what he had on but let's just blame it on the alcohol. He went over.

 

The night passed in a blur and Jongin figured it wasn't as bad as he thought. He wasn't chewed out by those stylists and he got back to the dorm safe.

Only to found that s played Twister and the loser had to be drawn all over his body with eyeliner tattoos. Being a giant, Chanyeol used up all the makeup remover to removed all traces of his punishment.

 

Jongin turned up at work with smeared makeup all over his face. The makeup staff noonas merely clicked her tongue but cleaned off his face and advised him a trip to the dermatologist later that evening.

Jongin supposed that's the end of the fiasco already.

 

Until Red Velvet had their comeback and he noticed them wearing sandals with woollen socks. Jongin looked and noticed that their stylists looks rather familiar...

 


 

I don't think that Red Velvet's socks with sandals are ugly but you're always that critical about what you wear, which actually looks fine on others, no?

Anyway, don't mind me. This was written to pass time.