Go Out With Me

Just A Bet

Just A Bet

Chapter 2: Go Out With Me


“Hey.”

Ten looked up from the flowers he was watering and dropped the watering can from the shock of seeing Taeyong in front him, “OUCH!” he screamed out as the grey watering can landed on his foot.

Taeyong stood there, shocked for a few seconds before finally rushing towards the other and letting Ten lean against him, “I’m sorry,” he murmured as he helped the other over to a chair, “Did I scare you?”

“Y-Yes, I wasn’t actually expecting you to... show up,” Ten replied as he became aware of just how close they both were. His arm around Taeyong’s neck and Taeyong’s arm around his waist as they slowly made their way over to the two empty chairs.

“Of course I showed up,” Taeyong replied as he looked over at Ten, “we agreed didn’t we?” he asked as the two finally reach the chairs.

Ten quickly removed his arm from around Taeyong’s neck and took a seat on the uncomfortable chair, “Well y-yeah but… I-I thought you were just playing around or something.”

Taeyong took a seat on the chair in front of Ten and shook his head, “Well I wasn’t,” he smiled kindly and leaned forward a bit, “I was serious. I wanted to talk to you and get to know you better.”

Ten couldn’t help but smile back, “Well I can’t imagine why but okay.”

Taeyong laughed a bit and awkwardly held out his hand, “I’m not really good at this so… I’ll start from the beginning.” He took Ten’s hand when the boy held it out as well and shook it, “Hi. I’m Lee Taeyong, 16 years old.”

Ten took a quick glance at their hands before looking back up and staring back into Taeyong’s brown orbs, “I’m Ten, and I’m 15 years old. N-Nice to meet you.”

For a few seconds the two stared into each other’s eyes, as if they were two characters in a fairytale, falling in love with just one look. Taeyong’s smile grew and Ten finally looked away as he slowly pulled his hand away from the other’s grip.

“So umm…” Ten cleared his throat and gripped the sleeve of his shirt as he tried to avoid any and all eye contact with Taeyong, “Why did you want to meet up with me? Do you need help with homework or something?”

Taeyong shook his head, “No I just, I really want to tell you something.”

“Tell me what?” Ten asked as he continued to look down at his sleeve, as if it were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Look at me first,” Taeyong demanded.

Ten quickly look at Taeyong and saw the older boy looking possibly more nervous than him, “I… well I was just wondering if… I mean I was thinking that i-if you’re not busy this weekend we could go on a date?”

Ten stared at Taeyong for a while before breaking out into a fit of laughter, he held onto his stomach after a while, which hurt from laughing too much and so hard, “O-Okay, now I know this is a joke,” he managed to say in between his loud laughing, “Did your friends put you up to this?”

Taeyong’s heart fluttered slightly when he saw Ten laughing, he didn’t notice it then, but his heart definitely fluttered. He leaned forward for the second time and he reached out with his hand and caressed Ten’s cheek before leaning in even more and planting a small kiss on the younger boy’s forehead. After leaning back on his chair he look at Ten and seriously said, “It’s not a joke. Go out with me.”

Ten felt himself blushing as he shyly nodded, “O-Okay.”

 


 

After school, Taeyong rushed out of his classroom and made his way to the other side of the school building. He relieved to see that the class was barely being dismissed, he leaned against the wall next to the classroom door and patiently waited. As expected, Ten was the last student to walk out, and he was very surprised when he saw Taeyong outside the room, apparently waiting for him.

“W-What are you doing here?” Ten asked in a whisper.

“I thought we could walk home together,” Taeyong replied, “Because first date conversations are always so awkward but I figured if we talk more before our date then it won’t be so awkward.”

Ten nodded slowly, “I-I guess that makes sense.”

“So, would you mind if we walk home together?” Taeyong asked.

The younger male shook his head, “No, some company would be nice for once.” He smiled at Taeyong and the two began to talk out of the school building side by side, earing some attention from several of the students, including Hyunwoo and his friends.

“I know I’ve asked you this before but are you sure this isn’t a practical joke?” Ten asked as the two of them walked further away from the school.

Taeyong felt something strange in the pit of his stomach, probably guilt, “Of course not Ten, I really want to get to know you better. Why do you doubt me?”

The younger boy bit his lower lip, something he did often whenever he was nervous, “I-It’s just your Lee Taeyong. Everybody at school wants you, you could have any boy or girl you want,” Ten looked up at the boy next to him, “But yet, you asked me out, Ten, a nobody.”

Taeyong stopped walking suddenly and stood in front of Ten, “No, not a nobody,” he smiled kindly, “I asked out Ten, an incredibly smart and talented guy whose smile is so beautiful and who has a kind heart.”

Ten looked at Taeyong and blushed for the nth time that day, “Y-You’re too nice.”

The older male shook his head, “No, I’m just being honest,” he grabbed Ten’s wrist and began to run, “We better hurry if we don’t want miss the bus.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone! New chapter, I hope it's alright. Sorry that it's short, I'll try to make the next one longer