One

Sick

-----------------------------

For Jonghyun, having Key as a boyfriend made him feel like an unwanted Christmas present. Honestly, he's pretty useless compared to Key, and it makes Jonghyun think he could easily be thrown away.

That's what happens to unwanted christmas gifts, after all.

And it worries him because just the thought of Key getting sick and tired of him is too scary to think about.

It's not like he wasn't making an effort, he does, but having another guy as your partner means you can't do normal couple things. Hugging him in the movie theater when he gets scared over a horror film, for example, although Key doesn't get frightened easily. Or carrying him on his back when his feet started to hurt after wearing stilettos, for that matter. Key doesn't wear stilettos and nobody can make him wear them, not to mention he would probably punch him if he suggested it, but those are the things Jonghyun finds sweet. In any romantic movie, there are those scenes where the guy is the knight in shining armor, helping his damsel in distress. That doesn't work very well when both people in a relationship are knights.

Jonghyun isn't happy when he can't do anything for Key. He wants to pamper him and make him feel safe, but how do you make someone who punches harder than you do feel safe?

If they were in a situation like those in action movies where the bad guy threatens their lives, it would probably be Key who saves them both, not the other way around.

But still, Jonghyun tries.

The first time they went to Japan, Jonghyun only had a bag filled with clothes, some gadgets and his music sheets (he never goes anywhere without a couple) while Key seemed to have the whole house with him. He was carrying a backpack, dragging a large suitcase with one hand, and carrying smaller bag with the other. And of course Jonghyun wanted to help.

"Let me help you carry those," he stretched his arms out, letting Key know he wanted to help.

"No need, I can manage. Go help Minho, I think he needed help with his things."

"Minho doesn't need help." he said although he wasn't exactly sure. He couldn't care less either way.

"Actually, Hyung, I do," Minho said before dropping his bag in Jonghyun's outstretched arms.

Jonghyun simply glared at Minho, but the younger boy didn't even flinch.

When Key was cooking, he would offer to help.

"You're cooking?"

"You sound as if this is the first time you've seen me cook, Jjong."

Ignoring Key's comment, Jonghyun offered his help with a big smile, "Let me help you."

"I think you're forgetting something." Key laughed a little, and Jonghyun just looked at him, puzzled.

"What?"

"You don't know how to cook."

Of course he hadn't forgotten the time when he almost set the kitchen on fire because he insisted he wanted to cook dinner. After the incident, everyone warned him about setting foot in the kitchen.

Key was right, maybe cooking wasn't a good idea.

He did more stupid things afterwards, like when he saw Key treating Taemin's swollen feet after the maknae injured himself during dance practice.

The day after, they were all surprised to see Jonghyun limping.

"What happened to you?"

"I got injured."

"How?"

"Fell down the stairs."

"Jjong, you're not Jinki. you don't just fall down stairs." Key said.

"There is always a first time," Jonghyun shrugged. "Will you do something already? My foot's killing me." he pouted. As stupid as it sounded, he actually fell down the stairs not-so-accidentally because he was envious of Taemin and he wanted the same special treatment and attention treatment from Key.

And then finally, Key caught a cold.

He's the type who doesn't get sick easily, but, hey, he's human too. It happens if you overwork yourself like Key does.

"Go away," Key ordered Jonghyun who was hovering beside his bed and insisting he would take care of him. Although, in actuality, he's not doing anything besides being a nuisance.

"No way, Bummie."

His Key was sick, so why would he?

Key doesn't like feeling weak. He was supposed to be the almighty Kim Kibum, so why was he lying in bed feeling as if his head is going to explode? And, to make it worse, Jonghyun- the love of his life, Jonghyun- was making fun of him.

Maybe the dino was trying to hide the fact that he was happy about it, but he swears he saw those lips curve into a smile. There is no doubt Jonghyun liked the idea of him being sick. Stupid, because Key being sick means no one would make dinner for them, and Jonghyun didn't seem to realize that fact. He's a little slow like that.

"Yah! I'm sick and you seem happy about it," he whined.

"Of course I'm happy. I finally get to do something for you," he no longer tried to hide the grin on his face.

"Babo, you don't have to do anything for me." Key blushed and Jonghyun's grin widened. Could he be more adorable?

"Of course I do. It frustrates me because you don't seem to need me anymore..." he whispered, the grin disappearing from his face, "You're good at everything, and I hate it."

"You think greatness is in born? No way. Greatness is achieved. I have to work for it, you stupid dino."

"To the point of getting sick?"

"If that's what it takes, yes," Key admitted.

"Then don't try so hard anymore, let me help you." he said before lying in bed and pulling Key to his chest.

"This doesn't help me at all, Jong." Key complained although he had to admit cuddling with Jonghyun felt great.