Final.

You're a blessing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Almost 5000 words... Whoa... Hope this one-shot won't bore you out! XD

“UGH!!!!” Solji’s pen slipped off her hand as she scratched her head. She didn’t see where pen flew to but when she was just about to search for it, she saw a girl holding her left eye.

 

“Aish, blame your butter hands Heo Solji…”

 

“Ouch…” The girl holding her eye was still yelling in pain.

 

“Hey.. Are you okay?” Solji shook the girl’s shoulder gently.

 

“I think I got hurt by a pen, or a very sharp object…” She said and Solji started to panic.

 

“PEN?!” Solji looked around the girl’s area and found her cute Mickey pen lying next to the girl’s chair.

 

“Oh gosh… I’m sorry, that was my pen and it flew off my hands just now. Let me take you to the clinic.” Solji helped the girl up and brought her to the nearest clinic.

 

Solji wanted to follow the injured girl in but she refused and told Solji to wait for her outside and that she’ll be okay. Solji was always a very cautious person.

 

After 30 minutes, the injured girl came out with an eye patch on her left eye. Solji rushed to her upon seeing her solemn face.

 

“A—are you okay…?” Solji asked carefully.

 

“The condition for my eye isn’t that good… The doctor said if it is not very serious, my left eye might lose 50% of vision and if it’s serious, my left eye might just turn blind…”

 

“Oh no.. I’m truly sorry, I’ll take care of your everything from now, just tell me what you need.” Solji kept on bowing to the girl but upon seeing how worried Solji was, she broke into a laugh immediately.

 

“HA HA HA! I’m just kidding! The doctor said I only hurt my eyelid, it’s nothing serious. It’ll heal in a week or two.” She gave Solji a pat on the shoulder and headed to the counter.

 

“I’ll foot the bill. I’ll also pay for your follow-ups and transportation until your eye is fully healed.” The girl stopped Solji and smiled at her, “Don’t worry about it. If you do feel very bad for me, you can treat me to a cup of coffee. I know a place with very good ambience, but it might cost a bomb.”

 

“I’ll pay, no matter how expensive is it.” Solji made an ‘OK’ sign with her fingers.

 

 

 

 

[At the Cafe…]

 

 

 

 

“Before I even get to know you more, I’d like to introduce myself first,” The girl broke the silence first, “I’m LE. And I'm single.” LE extended her hand.

 

“LE…? As in the alphabets ‘L’ and ‘E’? That’s a pretty unique name…” Solji asked with her eyes widened.

 

“Ah… I get that a lot, my name’s Elly actually, so LE is just a short form for it.” LE replied with a shy smile.

 

“I see… I’m Heo Solji. I'm single too.” Solji extended her hand and LE shook it.

 

“What do you work as?” LE asked boldly.

 

“I’m a lyricist, I help artists write songs.”

 

“Whoa! Do you write songs for really famous idols?!” LE got excited, she was practically bouncing on her seat.

 

“Somehow…” Solji laughed when she saw how pumped on LE was.

 

“By any chance… Do you write songs for EXID? I’m totally a fan of them!” 

 

“Erm… Yes… I took part in writing one of their songs 1M and some other songs for them in the past.”

 

“HEOL! Daebak! 1M is my favorite song of EXID! Nice to meet you!” LE stood up and wanted a high five from Solji.

 

“Enough about me, what about you?” Solji took a sip of her coffee.

 

“I graduated from university around three months ago and is just having holiday now, another three more months I’d have to go to my dad’s company to work.” LE pouted, which Solji found it amazingly cute. She was secretly squealing in her heart.

 

After another two hours, they finally decided to leave the cafe as Solji said she has something on. They left the cafe and since Solji hurt LE, she couldn’t leave her alone and let her drive because it could be dangerous.

 

“I don’t think you’re in a good condition to drive, I have to send you home.” Solji wanted to take over LE’s car keys but got stopped by her.

 

“I thought you said you have something important on? I can drive still, don’t worry.” LE gave her a assuring smile.

 

“No, I still think it’s not a good idea for you to drive now. Erm… Why don’t you follow me to a place first, and then I’ll send you home?” Solji said, though she wasn’t ready to reveal her secret, she had to.

 

“Alright, alright. I can’t win you. Let’s go then.” LE tossed the keys over to Solji.

 

15 minutes later, they arrived at a kindergarten. LE felt weird, because Solji never mentioned she had a little sister, daughter, niece or whoever. She just let it go, maybe she still isn’t at the stage for Solji to tell her that much.

 

“Hyerin-ah!” Solji shouted as she saw a cute little girl holding onto a biscuit on her hand walking out from the entrance.

 

Hyerin ran towards Solji and the older one picked her up and spun her around.

 

“Aigo~ My little baby, did you behave well today in school?” Solji was busy planting kisses on Hyerin’s face after asking a question.

 

“Yes!” Hyerin raised her hand cutely and finally noticed the figure behind Solji, “Who is this tough looking girl?” Hyerin glared at LE who was startled by the way she described her, but wasn’t angry at all. She found it cute instead.

 

“Hyerinie, don’t be rude. She is LE, call her LE unnie.” Hyerin climbed out from Solji’s embrace and stood in front of LE, although she was so tiny.

 

LE bent down so that she’d be at the same level as Hyerin, “Hi.” LE extended her hand.

 

Hyerin ignored her and turned the other way but LE followed her direction and went in front of her.

 

“LE unnie will show you a magic, okay? If you smile, let’s be friends, if you don’t, LE unnie will leave now.”

 

“Call!” Hyerin put her hands at the ends of her waist.

 

With that, LE performed a short magic for Hyerin and unknowingly, the little girl smiled a lot, she was loving the magic show LE had showed her.

 

“A promise is a promise, I’m Heo Hyerin~ I’m six years old!” Hyerin showed her cute smile and wanting to hold Solji’s hand.

 

“You’re quite good with kids.” Solji smiled, and then changed her line of vision to the happy Hyerin.

 

“Your sister is very cute too.” LE said and she could have swore she saw a change in expression on Solji’s face.

 

“She’s my daughter,” Solji smiled, however, LE could feel sadness behind that smile.

 

“D-daughter…?” LE couldn’t hide how surprised she was. 

 

I mean, who could’ve imagined Solji had a daughter? She looked like a girl who’ve never had her first love, or rather, yet.

 

“I’m sorry if I surprised you, I should’ve told you earlier.” Solji mistook LE’s tone as something bad.

 

“No no no! I don’t mean that! I’m just very surprised… That’s all. I don’t look down on you or anything.” LE kept explaining herself.

 

“It’s fine,” Solji said, “Let’s go, I’ll send you home.” Solji got Hyerin onto the back seat and put on her seatbelt for her before entering the driver’s seat.

 

LE was about to open the door to the passenger’s seat when she heard Hyerin call for her.

 

“Yes, little one?” LE poked her head into the car.

 

“Sit next to me.” Hyerin patted the empty seat next to her. She wanted to make some excuse to sit next to Solji when she saw Hyerin making an ’X’ sign with a hand and pointing at Solji. LE got the hint and went to sat next to Hyerin.

 

During the ride, Solji didn’t say anything, however, it was the opposite behind Solji. 

 

Hyerin took out a paper and a pen from her bag and wrote down some numbers. She handed it to LE after writing, “Mummy S’ phone number,” Hyerin flashed her cute eyesmile after saying that.

 

“Text Mummy S at night before you sleep, okay? Mummy S don’t sleep early.” Hyerin whispered. 

 

LE made an ‘OK’ sign with her fingers, “Where is your other Mummy, little Hyerin~?” LE asked, because she somehow sense that Solji would feel uncomfortable if she asks her.

 

“Ask Mummy S if you really want to know, I’m not quite sure either.” Hyerin pouted.

 

She felt sorry for Hyerin and also Solji, who has to bring up Hyerin by herself. LE can’t deny she felt something going through her body everytime Solji smiles or laugh heartily. However, she didn’t know if Solji feels the same.

 

 

 

 

[At night…]

 

 

 

 

After tucking Hyerin in bed, made sure she’s asleep, and after doing some housework, Solji went to her room and just in time, her phone buzzed, indicating a new message. It was three new messages in Whatsapp.

 

 

Ahn Elly

Hi… ✔︎2:02AM

 

Ahn Elly

I’m LE… :) ✔︎2:02AM

 

Ahn Elly

Are you by any chance sleeping? Did I disturb you? ✔︎2:03AM

 

Heo Solji

Oh, hi :) No, I’m not sleeping… ✔︎2:05AM

 

Ahn Elly

I’m terribly sorry, I really didn’t mean to use that kind of tone to talk to you in the afternoon. ✔︎2:06AM

 

Heo Solji

Nah… It’s okay, I’m used to it already. Don’t put too much thought into it :) ✔︎2:08AM

 

Ahn Elly

Alright… Why are you not asleep by the way? It’s quite late now… ✔︎2:08AM

 

Heo Solji

I have insomnia… Might take awhile for me to sleep. What about you? ✔︎2:10AM

 

Ahn Elly

I’m just playing computer game right now… Then what do you do when you can’t sleep? ✔︎2:10AM

 

Heo Solji

I just write down some lyrics when I can’t sleep, like what I’m doing now :) Right, have you take your medications yet? ✔︎2:11AM

 

Ahn Elly

Yes, I took them an hour ago ^^ ✔︎2:12AM

 

Ahn Elly

Solji-ya… Can we meet again after my eye is healed completely…? I couldn’t show you my beautiful side, so after getting my patch off, I’d like to let you see my face again… ✔︎2:12AM

 

Ahn Elly

And since I could only see with one eye, I can’t see how beautiful you were clearly… ✔︎2:12AM

 

Heo Solji

Ya… Stop it! I’m blushing so hard right now… Sorry, Hyerin had a nightmare, I had to stay with her until she fell back to sleep. ✔︎3:10AM

 

Ahn Elly

It’s ok ^^ ✔︎3:13AM

 

Ahn Elly

Do you mind… If I ask you about your wife?… ✔︎3:14AM

 

Ahn Elly

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t ask such a sensitive question, especially since we just knew each other yesterday. ✔︎3:45AM

 

Heo Solji

I’ll tell you another day when I’m ready okay…? It’s not because I don’t trust you… Just remember that :) ✔︎3:50AM

 

Heo Solji

Please go to sleep! It’s very late now… I have to be up by six to prepare breakfast for Hyerinie, good night ^^ ✔︎3:51AM

 

Ahn Elly

No worries! Tell me whenever you’re ready, my ears are always ready for you. I’ll have a sweet dream, because I get to know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter