Bye

Airplane

An airplane flies in the air. 

 

Hanbin plays around with the miniature airplane in his hand, flying it around like what he used to do as a kid.

 

He looks up at the ceiling and closes his eyes, just wanting to forget that she's leaving. He doesn't want her to leave.

 

He scrunches his eyes. Hanging out with his friends didn’t seem that much fun without her anymore. All his friends could do is comfort him with pats on the back.

 

Jiwon plays around with her, throwing little balls of paper at each other while Hanbin gazes at her with loving eyes. She was always close with the both of them and had been friends since birth.

 

Hanbin scoots towards her slowly and read the page in front of her. She looked at the sky with a smile and Hanbin automatically followed up with a smile of his own.

 

Jiwon jumped in between them, pulling them close to him and making funny faces.

 

“Really, are you going to leave me out like this?”

 

There’s still enough time right? There’s tomorrow too so let her come off or let him get on. Just one more day, just one more hour, just one more minute.

 

The sun slowly sets and Hanbin and her were already walking away from Jiwon. Hanbin laughs as best friend ran to them, shouting why they left him out again. She points out the flying airplane in the air.

 

"I'm calling all the airplanes Mr. Airplane!" She said.

 

The train passes by, leaving out a cool wind for the three friends enjoying their slow walk together.

 

Once Jiwon was alone, he looked at the beautiful setting before him. He already knew that she was leaving.

 

She left with a smile, pretending to firmly believe in their promise. He should have done everything to make her stay. Then he wouldn’t be living in regret.

 

This time, it's Hanbin who jumps between them, a large smile on his face. He certainly didn’t forget that she held his hand last night.

 

Hanbin continues playing with the small toy on his hands, thinking bittersweetly as he flies it around.

 

They went to the fish cake place this time. She was feeding both of them, but the final bite went to Jiwon, who jumped in delight. Sauce got onto her finger, but Hanbin was quick to bring paper towels and wiped them off, Jiwon teasing them as a couple.

 

He’s going to miss her for all his life. This is the last time he’s seeing her and tears are coming out.

 

He checks her purse, not expecting anything. Hanbin's hands froze as he pulled out an airplane ticket. Not wanting to believe it, he set down the purse as she turned to him with a smile, oblivious to his actions. He smiled back, hesitance and disbelief in his eyes.

 

Hanbin takes out the clock’s batteries, throwing them away to the side. The ticking of the clock stops. He stays still for a moment and grabs his jacket, leaving behind his airplane.

 

He runs around the airport, looking for her. She hasn’t left yet, right?

 

He cleans her finger with a paper towel, Jiwon laughing at them.

 

He turns left and right, spinning around, trying to find her. He’s panicking. Where is she is all that’s going through his mind. Ruffling his hair, he asks the information desk about her flight number, regretting his decision of letting her go.

 

She held his hand discreetly, Jiwon not noticing anything.

 

The time slowly ticks by. She settles into her seat comfortably as the airplane flies, her ears filled with music, heart filled with sadness and mind thinking about him.

 

The airplane flies in the air, carrying a broken hearted lover.