Final.

Picture Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was really bored at work that day so I came up with this random plot. I'm sorry for the abrupt and rather messed up ending but I couldn't think of something better. If I can , I will edit it! Thank you so much for all the support (be it in this fanfic or all my previous work) I'm really thankful. Please do continue to subscribe, upvote and comment. Of course, do tell me which pairing you will want to see in my next fanfic and if there's a plot you would want me to write about. 

Cold wind gushes past me as I sipped on my latte while leaning against a wall, with a camera hanging around my neck. Every night, I would be at the same spot, the place where Lee Jaehwan who goes by Ken stays. Every single night, he will never fail to bring a model home to and every night, reporters like me will crowd around and start snapping pictures of him. This never gets old. 

"Target spotted!" One of us stood up and got his camera prepared.

"Man! This time round he is ing her? I heard that she's hot stuff and is hard to get near to though! How did he even get her? ." Another reporter casually cursed as he prepared to snap all the pictures. 

I crushed the cup of empty cup in my hands and threw it on the floor before walking forward to the best place to take the best angle. 

"Ken sshi! Who is she? Is she a new girl?" One of the reporter asked. Don't they ever get sick of asking the same question every single day? 

"She's Minjung. Please take good care of her~" Ken smiled and s his hands around her waist, holding it lightly.

"Please take good care of me~" Minjung smiled shyly and looked down on the floor. 

"Are you telling this to Ken or to us?" Yes this was from me. I didn't know why but this just slipped out of my mouth. I looked at her with my poker face as the rest of the reporters laugh and cheered for me. 

"That's enough for today. Thank you for being so rude to a girl, Mr quiet reporter." Ken replied in a sarcastic tone and glared at me. Did he just call me a quiet reporter? 

I simply smirked and turned around, deciding that I should call it a day before I go forward and land a punch on his ing face. No one gives me name. No one labels me with whatever they want because I'm not what they think or want me to be. I am just myself, Leo. 

The next morning, I woke up early as usual. I smiled and ate my breakfast, happy that I'm going to visit Eunji today. I will usually visit her every weekend and if I can, I would do so everyday to just look at her beautiful face. But I can't. I have to work and make her happy. I have to take pictures of Ken is her role model, who makes her happy with every single thing that he does. And this is why I hate him. 

And that's also the reason why I only show her the pictures of his angelic and good side because I will never want to spoil the image of her only role model, that only one that keeps her going and smiling. 

"Eunji ah, good morning my lady." I moved closer to her bed side and kissed her forehead gently before smiling at her. 

I love her. 

"Oppa, how are you? Are you okay? You look more tired than you were last week." Eunji asked with a worried tone.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just a little bit stressed out by work but that's okay. I'm really okay." I sat down and smiled , "Thank you for asking." I held her hands and kissed it gently. "How's your treatment going? Does it still hurt a lot?" I asked softly. 

"It's getting better!" Eunji smiled at me, "It's good because whenever I'm in pain, I look at Ken oppa who is smiling and it makes me feel better." Eunji smiled brighter and held my hand.

"Oppa, why hasn't you been showing me updates of Ken Oppa? Hasn't he been promoting or doing any good deeds? I miss seeing pictures of him smiling playing with the kids at Shimdong Orphanage." Eunji asked softly and weakly at me who was sitting by her bedside. 

"O-Oh! I forgot to print out those pictures. Of course he has been doing good deeds. He even went overseas to take care of the unpriviledged recently." I just lied. I'm sorry Eunji, I just can't bear to hurt you. 

"A-ah..." She sighed in relief, "Good to hear that. If it is okay, can you print some for me to see? I- I just really want to see more pictures of his happy and great life." Eunji smiled sadly. 

"I will." I promised her and so badly wanted to take away that tinge of sadness in her tone and eyes. I hated seeing her sad. "Let's talk about other things now? Recently I have been to...." and like that, I managed to change our subject and as I was talking to her, I was coming up with a plan to make her happy. 

"Wonshik, are you going to the party tonight? I heard from Sandeul that many pretty models will be there tonight." Ken said with a tinge of playfulness in his tone. 

"I will skip. I'm not free tonight." Ravi smiled and turned to his car.

"Why? Please don't tell me you are giving up fun for that supermart guy? Wonshik, that's not the way we work." Ken said and Ravi halted in his steps and turned back to face Ken.

"Jaehwan ah, there's a time that will come where you just want to settle down. I'm not interested in any girls. I don't want to have with any random person. I want to love Hakyeon and just him." Ravi smiled genuinely. 

"You must be kidding me? How can that simple looking and unattractive guy makes you want to settle down?!" Ken exclaimed in shock, "And what the hell is settling down? I love girls and I don't have any particular interest in any of them. I just play and throw, that's the way." Ken smirked and folded his arms.

"You will understand someday Jaehwan. I will see you around!" Ravi waved and turned away as Ken continued to call for him. 

"Aish that love fool." Ken muttered under his breath before driving off to the party to find his target for the night. 

"Oh Sanduel ah, I'm reaching in five." Ken locked his car and started walking towards the party venue just to be pulled hardly into an alley. A dark and quiet alley.

"You can take all my money but p-please do not h-harm me. I-" Ken started stuttering and sweating.

"It's me." A familiar voice spoke.

"It's you!" Ken shouted and pointed at Leo who was still holding on to his wrist tightly. "Get the off me!" Ken shouted again and pulled away hardly. 

"I need your help. If you agree, I will help you gain back your fans." Leo spoke calmly.

"Are you kidding me? Who am I? I'm Ken! Why do I need help-"

"You know you are losing fans. You know you are helpless because no reporter gives any damn to your good deeds now, knowing how it's just fake." Leo said again, more harshly this time round and emphasized on the word fake.

"And what can you do?" Ken was being convinced unwittingly.

"I can picture perfection. I can take pictures of what you want the public to see. I work for one of the most famous broadcast company out there. You should know how influential X company is and how we can just turn the tables over for you. More specifically, me." Leo said professionally. 

"And why should you help me? What must I do in return?" Ken questioned. This seemed too much of a good deal.

"You just have to go do some charity work with me. That's all." Leo replied curtly. 

"Hey, if you are going to be so-"

"Tomorrow at 6am. I will pick you up at your apartment. If you don't turn up, don't blame me." With that, Leo walked away leaving Ken there, stunned.

"W-wait! 6am?! I'm going to a party now though!" Ken shouted.

"Suit you." Leo replied before disappearing from the alley.

Leo tapped his fingers against the door impatiently. It's going to be 6.05am in one minute and that's the latest he is going to wait for Lee Jaehwan. He will leave in the next minute.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Ken opened up the door and entered Leo's car swiftly. "I'm early right?" He checked that expensive gold watch on his wrist, "Yes I'm early. Thank god." He sighed in relief.

"One more time you are late, I will not wait." Leo took away the relief from Ken's face.

"Hey! It is not easy for me to wake up and prepare so quickly alright? I didn't even had time to call my make up artists over to do my make up and-"

All that was said was ignored as Leo started his engine, cutting Ken off. 

That entire ride was rather silent as Ken was pretty annoyed with Leo who has been nothing but rude and Leo just didn't see the need to talk to Ken. 

"Where are we going to?" Ken asked, breaking the silence.

"Samdong Orphanage." Leo replied shortly after.

"Oh no! We can't!" Ken checked his phone. "The kids will be out today. They are going to the zoo today with Hyori and Hyeri noona. They are going to have so much fun." Ken smiled and for the first time, he looked sincere to Leo. 

"Is there another orphanage-"

"Can we go and have breakfast first? I'm starving." Ken cut Leo off. "Oh! Turn around that corner up there, I know a pretty good cafe right there!" Ken pointed and looked excited.

Leo didn't say anything and just obliged. They settled down in the cafe that was cozy and small. The both of them ordered their food and ate in silence. 

"Do you know I haven't been to a quiet place like this to eat for a long-" 

"Please have your breakfast before our next meet up. I don't want to waste our time. I have better things to do and so do you." Leo said and looked at his watch briefly. "Quickly finish up. We have to go to Hyundong Orphanage." with this Leo stood up and walked out to his car, leaving Ken there upset and dumbfounded. 

Once Ken finished eating, he came back to the car and closed the door hardly. He was sulking throughout the ride. As Leo was sharing information with him about the activities that they were going to do later, he ignored Leo totally and put on his earpiece to listen to music 

"Hey! I'm talking!" Leo pulled off the earpiece harshly and raised his voice at Ken angrily.

"It hurts you bastard!" Ken shouted back and looked really red with anger. "I heard it! I just wanted to listen to some music and what's wrong with that?!" Ken shouted, frustrated with Leo.

"You need to cooperate with me if you want this to be over quickly. And you need to hold back that temper of yours, it's going to bring you nowhere kid." Leo reprimanded Ken.

"I'm a kid?! You think you are all that great-"

"We've arrived. Get off." Leo ended the conversation and got down.

"L-leo oppa!!!!" A group of little kids came running over to Leo, surrounded him and tackled him with hugs and conversations.

"Okay stop!" Leo said loud enough for them to hear him. "Let's settle down first and talk alright? Let me greet ahjumma and ahjusshi first." Leo smiled for the first time in Ken's presence before walking past the kids to the centre to greet the adults. 

All eyes are on Ken now.  And by that, they are not eyes that are hungry for news, eyes that screams danger that caused fear. They are eyes of pure innocence, eyes that are filled with curiosity and joy. 

"H-Hi there, I'm Jaehwannie." Ken smiled and opened his arms warmly to the kids. 

-

"So everything has been fine right ahjumma? Is your health good too?" Leo held Ahjumma Lee hands softly.

"Yes everything has been going well. The kids are very well-behaved and we now have more caretakers to handle them. I'm doing fine too. How's Eunji?" She asked and smiled sofly at Leo.

"She's getting better. Once she recovers, I will bring her here to see the kids, I'm pretty sure they miss her." Leo replied and smiled. He definitely will bring Eunji back here, he promised to. 

"Hey! I'm sorry for interrupting but the kids are asking for you." Ken scratched his head in embarassment and grinned. 

"Oh, is he a new volunteer? I haven't seen him before and he is really cute!" Ahjumma smiled brightly and walked towards Ken. "Hi, I'm Ahjumma Lee, the main caretaker here. You are one fine young man aren't you?" She giggled softly and pat him softly on the back, "Welcome here." Ken felt warmth and happiness in him when she said that. 

"I will and yes I'm new here, I'm Ken. Thank you ahjumma, I will do my best!" He replied enthusiastically and smiled brightly. 

"Alright, I will leave it to you guys and go cook lunch now." She nodded her head and walked off , not before smiling at both of them. 

Awkward silence yet again.

"Let's go meet the kids." Leo said and walked out to the big green patch of field to meet the kids.

"Hey little ones, this is-"

"Jaehwannieeeeee oppa!!!!!" they all replied in unison and shocked Leo.

"I've already introduced myself to them." Ken smiled and stood beside Leo. 

"Alright then, let's start with some warm up exercises? Let's play soccer!" Leo announced and they all started cheering excitedly. 

As the game started, all the kids as well as Ken started running around the whole field happily, kicking the ball to each other and scoring it. Every time they scored, they would gather together and hug. It was a really heartwarming scene and every moment was captured by Leo who was standing by the side taking picture. Without realising, his lips curled into a smile sometimes when he takes picture of this carefree and happy Ken, who for once really looked angelic and kind to Leo. 

"Oppa! Bitto's nose is bleeding!" Hani, one of the young little girl called out to them.

Leo was rushing to Bitto but Ken beat him to it. 

"Bitto, my little Bitto, don't be afraid." Ken wiped away the tears of little Bitto who was scared. "It's okay, look up Bitto! There's fluffy cotton candy up there!" He held Bitto's chin softly and Bitto looked up, feeling less tensed and scared. "Waaa, are the cotton candy forming shapes up there? Is there a dragon? Or a flower?" Ken distracted Bitton as he starts to wiped off the remaining blood. Once he was done, he kissed Bitto's nose softly. "Oh the blood is gone! I wiped them away and told them not to return to scare my little Bitton again. You are okay now Bitto!" Ken kissed Bitton on his forehead softly and smiled, assuring Bitto who returned Ken's smile, no longer scared. 

Leo snapped a few pictures and he can't deny that he is starting to have different opinions about Ken. 

"Alright, so this is the end of today. Me and Jaehwan oppa here have to go back because it's already late. We promise to come back tomorrow alright? Promise to be good!" Leo raised up his pinkie finger.

"Promiseeeee!" They all said in unison and gave the both of them a hug before they drove off, back to the city and back to their own homes.

The next few weeks, all they ever did was charity work when Ken didn't had any schedule. Ken didn't stopped partying but he didn't bring a model home as often. As they spend more time together, Leo starts to see the good in Ken and starts to treat him nicer. They will able to talk more but it never went past casual topics. Leo would never tell Ken where would the pictures he took goes to and why is Leo doing all this. 

It's another day where Ken don't have a schedule till evening so they headed over to Hyundong Orphanage. 

"Good morning Leo~" Ken hummed as he entered Leo's car as usual. 

"Today we are going to-"

"I b-brought you b-breakfast. I figured that we can eat in the car. This won't waste your time right?" He asked timidly. Ken didn't know why but Leo was intimidating to him. 

"Thank you. You can have it first. I will just eat it later." Leo nodded and started driving and briefing Ken about what they were going to do that day. 

Once they arrived, they started doing activities with the kids. After a few activities outdoor, they decided to settle back into the centre and draw. 

"Jaehwannie oppa, what is this?" Little Hani asked, curious about what Ken was drawing.

"Jaehwannie oppa is drawing our little home." Ken smiled and pointed to the little figures in the picture. "This is all of us!" 

"Woooh~" Little Manse came in between Ken and Hani, moving to Ken and sitting comfortably on his lap before pointing to the two taller figures, "Is this Jaehwannie oppa and Leo hyungie?" Manse teased cheekily. "H-holding hands?" Manse smiled cheekily. 

"Y-yah, Manse you little one." Ken pinched his cheeks and smiled.

Leo walked in to see them smiling so happily so he asked them what they were talking about. Hani explained to Leo and Leo smiled softly without realising. He didn't dislike being associated to Ken anymore. 

"B-bug w-where is Eunji n-noona? She should be here too!" Hani said and smiled innocently. 

Leo immediately stiffened up and Ken didn't failed to notice.

"Ah~ Jaehannie oppa haven't met her before. Of course~ we should draw our beautiful Eunji here." Ken added another figure beside Leo who was holding on to his hands too and Hani smiled, satisfied with the completed family picture.

"Shall we go have dinner now kids?" Leo said and everyone cheered before running off to the eating corner, leaving Ken and Leo there.

"S-so, she's Eunji? The one that you do all this for?" He asked bravely. He really wanted to know what is all this about. 

"You don't need to know Ken, it's none of your concern and-"

"I'm doing all this charity work with you and I even stopped bringing all the girls over. I'm doing this for a reason and I need to know-"

"The ing reason is so as to gain back your fans' faith and trust in you. That's all." Leo needed to end this conversation before he speaks more about it and eventually spill the beans.

"No, this is not-"

"Jaehwan ah, it's raining out there right now and it seems to be a heavy downpour. You and Leo should not drive out tonight. You two should sleepover." One of the caretakers came to inform both of them. 

"O-oh. okay. Thank you for letting us stay noona." Ken regained his composure and smiled to her. She don't deserve any of his attitude. 

"Alright, you guys can continue talking." She excused herself sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter