Not You're ordinary white Guy in Korea ;)

One Stop at the Patbingsu Shop

"Chad Future!" the teacher called out as he snapped awake. Chad had been sleeping during his cultural studies class taught by his favorite teacher, Martina from Eat Your Kimchi. She was an exceptional teacher, especially for her age, someone so close to Chad's age made him get a little dreamy-eyed sometimes.

"I'm sorry I was just thinking about y-something..." he replied hastily.

"Look, if you don't want to be in this class then leave," Martina said coldy, her brow furrowing.

"Mianhaeyo, it won't happen again."

The rest of class went on as usual, but Chad could tell something was different about the way Martina was treating him. Other classmates were called on far more frequently then he, so he eventually decided to take Sunbae-martina's advice and just leave - he was only in that class to talk with her anyway. However, when he stood up to exit out the door, she gave him an odd look and beckoned him over.

"If you're going to go, at least take this for now" She told him in a hushed whisper, so that the others would not hear.

"Wh-okay?" Chad mumbled when he reached for the note.

 

"Meet me at the Bibimbap shop straight a five o' clock." the note told him.

"Did chingu/noona Martina ask such a maknae like me out to dinner??" he asked in disbelief.

Well he had to accept, because after a few months of putting up with that "cultural studies" class Martina taught, he wouldn't waste an opportunity like this.

 

Martina was already sitting at a table for two as Chad walked inside the restaurant. It was odd for such a popular place to be so uncrowded at a time like this, but Chad thought he might woo his hyung teacher in a quiter environment.

"Aigoo!!! sit down already!" Martina practically shouted at him.

"I'm coming don't worry." Chad hurried responded.

To be truthful, he could never resist such an ulzzang of a face that she had, and he would be willing to do anything for her to become her unni. As he sat down, he was sure he would order and pay like the polite, and non-koreaboo person he was. To his surprise, right as he sat down, she interrupted him to say:

"Don't worry, I'll pay for tonight. Also, I know what you like here so I can order too. Remember last time?" She looked at him, smiling.

Of course Chad remembered, even if it was 13 years ago when they were just kids. The restaurant was their favorite place to go, and he would always order the same soup everytime, Nae Kkeoya Soup. There were others of course, like Martina's favorites: Hoobae, Sarang, and Jeongmal Soup. Chad guessed that this time, he could let such a ahjussi order for him just this once. But when the waiter came over and asked what they wanted, he noticed something odd.

"EYK Martina? Did you get my order wrong?" He wondered fearfully.

"Chincha? I don't think so... You enjoy Love Soup right?" She tentatively questioned.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing," Chad said, on the edge of tears. "All these years, and I thought you had it right!"

"I'm so sorry, what did I do wrong?" Martina quivered.

"Thats- thats Sarang Soup." he finished.