Final.

Heo Sol Ji
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

29th September 2015

 

“I remember, it was in September when everyone was busy preparing for finals that I first met her, at the library in our school.”

 

29th September 2014

 

I cursed myself for not remembering to put a packet of tissue paper into my bag. I’m drenched and now I can’t dry myself. I just pray hard that I won’t fall sick the next day because the air-con is kinda strong here.

 

I had no choice but to use my hand to wipe off all the rain droplets on my arms and legs. I was busy wiping my arms and realised there was a packet of tissue paper in front of me.

 

I looked around and saw this girl in pinkish red hair, she was sitting at the tip of the rectangular table, while I was just at the first seat from her left. She looked at me and eyed at the tissue paper.

 

“The air-con is strong in here, you’ll fall sick if you don’t dry yourself quickly.” She simply said, without any emotions. 

 

I can’t help but blush, but of course, I remember my manners, “Thank you…” 

 

After which, I started studying. From time to time, I peeked at the girl. I wanted to ask for her name but I was too shy. I decided to gather all my courage to ask for her name but when I wanted to do so, she stood and left.

 

I was sad.

 

I hated myself for not asking her name. Heol, I don’t even know what she majored in even though I keep peeking at her just now. I secretly wished we would meet again soon.

 

And I secretly thanked my sister Hee Yeon for always singing at home even though she has zero talent in singing, because then I would go to my school’s library and study since my finals are in a months’ time.

 

After four hours of intense mugging, I got hungry and decided to go to the nearest restaurant from the school. 

 

Guess who I saw when I enter the restaurant?

 

Hallelujah.

 

It’s her.

 

Why is she doing here? Is she working part time here?  

 

It’s going to be our finals soon, all my friends are busy studying and relaxing themselves at the same time but this angel is working right now, after studying?

 

I chose a seat just right in front of the counter. She saw me, I smiled but she only looked at me, that’s it. She continued with her stuffs while I look at the menu.

 

“Hyerin-ah, did you turn on the switch for the washing machine before you come here?” I heard her asking the girl with a sweet face next to my table.

 

“Ne unnie~” 

 

Unnie? Is that girl her sister? 

 

Why is her sister studying here?

 

I saw her walking back to the counter, she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

 

“Umma~ Can you handle the restaurant alone today? I’m going home to do the laundry now~” She said cutely to the woman whom she resembles a lot.

 

“Of course I can. Have you studied?” The woman asked and gave her a pat on the head, how cute.

 

“Ne~ Don’t worry, I am coping well. I need to go home to tutor Junghwa now, if not she’ll be lazing. Hyerinie, finish your revision and help umma with the restaurant. We’re expecting a crowd soon.”

 

Oh shoot. 

 

Do I sound like I was eavesdropping?

 

Oh well, I am…

 

I saw her walking out of the restaurant and I was so sad. 

 

I wondered when will be the next time that we will meet each other.

 

But minutes later, I found myself walking down the same street as her. My mind says not to follow her, but my legs said yes.

 

Shiiiiit. Now I look like a stalker!

 

Ahn Hyojin, what are you doing with your life?!

 

“Why are you following me?” I heard a voice and snapped back to reality. I got found out.

 

“Erm… I live just down the street.” I blabbered some words without them going through my brain.

 

“Down the street…? But down this street is just a bus stop and a convenience store…” She said. Goddammit.

 

“So.. Why are you following me?” She said again with her cold voice. 

 

Sometimes she seems like a nice and warm person, but sometimes she is cold like an ice.. Hm..

 

She confuses me, but I like it.

 

“I… I just wanted to thank you for the tissue just now and your warm words.” I stuttered a little which made me look stupid.

 

“Nah, it is nothing.” A very very faint smile appeared on her face. But that was enough for me.

 

“There’s only one bus at the bus stop there, so I think you better walk back up and go home.” She bowed a little and went off, without waiting for me to reply her.

 

I heed her advice and walk back to where I came from and went back home. 

 

Ah… Today is such a good day. 

 

Because I met an angel.

 

An angel who would help out at her family’s restaurant after studying in the morning till afternoon and go home to tutor her little sister I guess(?) as well as doing the laundry.

 

I swear if I tell my mum about her, Hee Yeon and I would be nagged for three days straight, no joke.

 

AH! Speaking about “HER”, I forgot to ask for her name!!!! 

 

GODDAMMIT AHN HYOJIN JUST DIE.

 

 

~★~★~★~

 

 

Three days later’s morning, I decided to head to the library earlier to see if she’ll be there again. I reached the library just ten minutes before the door opens and when I try to see who was in front, she’s actually the first student in the queue!

 

Just how early does she wake up every morning?

 

Ten minutes later, the doors to the library opened and I walked as fast as my legs could bring me to catch up with her. Today, she chose a window seat.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry, please let me have this seat!” I said to a student who was about to take the seat in front of her. He looked at me weirdly before scooting to another seat.

 

Psh. 

 

I swear HE is the weird one. I saw him smiling to himself when he saw her at the table!

 

“Hi, good morning.” I took the initiative to break the silence between us.

 

“Hi.” She replied shortly.

 

I’d feel bad if I keep talking to her, because I see that she’s trying to concentrate on her revisions.

 

And so, I started studying as well.

 

I don’t know why, my attention span on calculous is so short today, however, my attention span on HER is very long today. 

 

I tried to peek at her worksheets that has her name on it, but I couldn’t. I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter