Sequel #1 :)

The Messenger

"Thank you for doing this for me, Hunnie." I looked at the said guy who was working on my emptying book rack.

"I'm free. That's why I'm doing this. No one said I'm doing this for you."

 

I just smiled bitterly towards the younger. I continued rolling my clothes and placed them neatly in my suitcase. Realizing the deafening silence in the room, Sehun cleared his throat and begin the conversation again.

 

"Are you really sure about this, noona?"

"I got an offer. So why am I going to hold it back?"

"The States is not near to Seoul. Do you know that?"

"I'm aware of that." I laughed a little. "Besides, I need this distance. At least I can forget about whatever that is happening here."

 

The halt of the sound of books being placed into the brown box made me turned to Sehun. He looked like he wanted to cry and kill me at the same time. I tried to ignore his whitening fist by getting myself and my helping slave guest some drinks. However, my steps stopped when I heard my walls being punched or slapped by something. When I turned around, I saw a crying Sehun, a cracked wall and a bleeding fist.

 

"What the hell, Oh Sehun? What did the wall do to you that make you punch em?" I checked his hand.

 

, we need to get to the hospital.

 

"You're coming with me to the hospital right now, young man. That," - I pointed to his hand -"Need to be checked."

 

I pulled his uninjured hand but only to be pulled back at a heartbeat.

 

"Forget? You want to forget?"

"Sehun..."

"What are you trying to forget, noona? Tell me what the ing things you want to forget!"

"Sehun, not now."

"Are you trying to forget the fact that they are back together?"

"Sehun, please..."

"What the , noona? Why are you always like this? Why do you always give up so fast?"

"Sehun, we need to check your hand. Let's go. We'll talk about this when we got your hand checked okay?"

" no. I want to know. Now."

 

I turned away from my slightly younger friend to hide my forming tears.

 

"Don't you ing dare to hide everything from me, noona. I know you for years."

"Yes." I whispered.

"What?"

"Yes! A very huge ing yes! Yes, I'm running away because I can't watch them get back together okay? Are you ing happy, Oh Sehun? Are you satisfied now?" I cried.

 

Seeing me in tears made Sehun walked slowly towards me. He pulled me into his embrace and his action shocked me a little. His soothing rub on my back made me cried harder, remembering how Chanyeol used to do this whenever I'm upset.

 

"Tell me everything, noona. Everything." He placed my head on his shoulder. "Let it all out."

"It's too much for me to handle, Sehun. I'm happy for them, but I can't help to avoid the jealousy. I don't know why I have to be so jealous because Chanyeol was not mine. Not ever. Never will be, I guess."

 

Sehun held me tighter every second, a gesture which made me let out more.

 

"I want to be fine with their relationship, Sehun. I want to be there for them, praying for their happiness. They deserve everlasting happiness. But not now. I can't face them at the moment."

"You know, both of them are searching for you like mad parents who have lost their child."

"They can stop their search when you tell them where I am. After I touched down at NYC."

"Noona..."

"I don't want them to know now."

"Promise to me, Sehun. Only after I reached New York."

"Noona, I can't."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

 

I pulled back from his embrace and reached for his head to kiss my beloved dongsaeng's forehead. I caressed his cheeks with a smile.

 

"Thank you, Sehunnie." I patted his arm. "Now let's get your hand checked."

 

***

 

Passport. Checked

Boarding pass. Checked

Hand luggage. Checked

 

I checked everything before I dropped my other baggage at the drop-off counter. Sehun waited for me at the waiting area alone. After I rechecked everything, I thanked the airline staff at the counter and walked towards Sehun.

 

"I'm all set." I smiled towards the younger.

 

We walked together to the departure hall. When we reached there, I turned to him and saw his reddening eyes.

 

"Noona..." He hesitated to speak at first but he continued after he saw my nod. "For the last time. are you sure you don't want to speak to any of them?"

"For the last time, no."

"You know she is really worried about you. So does Chanyeol hyung."

"I know." I answered calmly.

"I met her last night. She said she is willing to break up with him, just so you won't be sad anymore."

"Well, that's not the first time she ever said that. You know how many times they have broke up and get back together again." I just smiled. "Her happiness is important to me, Sehun. Chanyeol's happiness as well. If they are happy with each other, who am I to stop them? I love her, Sehun. I love Chanyeol too. I love him so much. I want them to be happy."

 

Sehun sighed. He hugged me again for the last time.

 

"I'll kill Chanyeol hyung if he ever made her cry again. That will make your sacrifice worthless."

"I'll kill you if you ever think about that."

"Really? You backed him up? Noona, you're better than that."

"That's what love do towards me, young grasshopper."

"I AM NOT A GRASSHOPPER!" He pushed me away.

 

I just laughed and pulled him into a tight loving hug.

 

"Promise me to look after them okay? Please make sure that she is always happy. I don't want her to get hurt. From anyone including you." - I punched him when he laughed - "And if Chanyeol drunk-texted me again, tell him I'm going to kick his in my dream and never come home. Okay?"

 

I smiled when I felt Sehun's nod on my shoulder.

 

"I love you, Sehun. Thank you for being there."

"I love you too, noona. I'll always be here for my beloved sister."

"Take care, Sehun."

"You too. Call me when you get there."

 

For the last time, we pulled away from our last hug.

For the last time, I caressed his cheeks.

For the last time, I looked at my younger "brother".

For the last time, I said "goodbye" to him.

 

I took a deep breath and turned around.

 

This is my new beginning.

 

This is my first step towards my new life.

 

This is my last step in moving on from my unrequited love towards Chanyeol.

 

I love you, Chanyeol.

 

I'll let you go.

 

Stay cheerful.

 

Be happy.

 

Goodbye.

 

***

 

Author's Crap:

Well, apologizes for the delay. Trust me, degree life the life out of me. 9 weeks of hell and now I'm at home for a week of break. Well, there are a lot to do (thesis, group report, preparing myself for the tests I have when I get back from the break, designing stuff, BREATHE, EAT, WALK, SLEEP). OH MY GOD JUST PRAY I WILL STAY ALIVE TO READ YOUR COMMENT ON THIS SEQUEL. I'm sorry for writing boring crap again. Thesis made me feel sad. And mad. So, please do tell me what's your opinion on whatever I wrote above okay? It will be lovely. I love you, my dear cupcakes! /throws jellybeans and vanilla cupcakes/