Final

The Messenger

You looked at your phone with trembling hands and glassy eyes. You read every single line sent by him through the chat app. You re-read again with tears streaming down your eyes. By the end of the conversation, you close your eyes and more tears came down like a melting iceberg.

 

"Tell her I'm doing okay."

 

No, you're not.

 

"Tell her I'm doing fine."

 

I know you're not.

 

"Tell her I'm glad she's happy with him now."

 

You're crying, I can feel it.

 

"Tell her I'm gonna be there if she needs me."

 

I'll be there if you both need me.

 

"She should be proud. That guy is hard to get."

 

You, too, are hard to get. No matter how much I try.

 

"Even if I'm not doing well and not happy, tell her I'm doing okay."

 

I want to make you happy.

 

"Tell her I'm happy that she is much happier now."

 

Don't you ing dare to lie to me.

 

*You cannot reply to this conversation*

 

And that's when you slide down the wall and broke apart while hugging your knees and your phone was there, down on the floor.

 

Smashed.

 

Broken.

 

As broken as your heart.

 

***

 

You looked at the door in front of you. You don't want to tell this to her because you don't want her to be sad but it's his last message before he blocked you off his life. It's his last thing he asked you to do. You softly knocked the door as you have no more energy. Your last energy has been wasted in form of tears. The door was opened and standing right in front of you is your best friend.

 

"Hey. What's up?" She greeted you with a smile.

 

Without a word, you just passed your brand new phone to her and show the conversation between you and him which you managed to save. She blankly reached for your phone and read the conversation on the screen. You knew she's at the end of conversation when she snapped her head up, looking at you.

 

"Chanyeol gave this to you?"

 

You nodded.

 

"Did you tell him about your feelings?"

 

You shook your head.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because both of us know he only wants you. And I know I will never be you."

 

She covered with her palm before reaching your shoulder.

 

"I'm sorry." She kept on saying that while hugging you. "I'm sorry you have to do this."

 

You weakly shook your head.

 

"It's okay."

 

You're no one to him anyways.

 

You're just his friend.

 

He can't see you more than a friend.

 

No matter how much you want him to see you more than that.

 

***

 

Author's Crap:

Hey cupcakes! It's been awhile since the last time I wrote any fanfics. I planned to write, like, A LOT during my break. But writer's block killed me and I travelled and went out a lot. And I kinda did some catch up with my sleep during my semester break because degree life ruined my sleeping hours. So yeah, my Chansoo fanfics are currently collecting dust in the folder. Okay I wrote too much. Thank you for reading this boring crap anyways. Sorry for the angst. I just got my heart broken and writing is kinda one of my therapy. You know, just to let everything out. Bye, cupcakes! I love you guys. /throws jellybeans and vanilla cupcakes/ :)

 

/dies while listening to What If - EXO/