Fake It

Reckless

 

 

 

It was 10AM and he was already heading towards the sports hall. He was curious on why they were all called to gather into the hall. He hoped it was good news, like a new afterschool club, or even a new menu in the cafeteria. He was already tired of hearing sad news, about bullying, kids trying to commit suicide or his favorite foods being deleted from the menu.

 

 

 

He hated the first time he had learned pizza wouldn't be on the menu anymore. He nearly cried that day.

 

 

 

He looked to his right and to his left when he entered the hall, he was one of the first ones inside and he quickly went to sit to the first row.

 

 

 

After waiting for another ten minutes for the rest of the students to finally come inside the hall, the director of the school stepped inside the room, his black shoes leaving an echo. The doors were closed and everyone stared at the man and the woman following the direction from behind. The three climbed the stairs and finally stepped on the stage. The woman and the man stopped next to the stairs, leaving the director to walk to the microphone situated in the middle of the stage.

 

 

 

"Good morning, students, teachers, I'm sure you are all wondering why I asked all of you to come here on a class period this early in the morning. And without advertisement beforehand." he turned around, hearing people whisper something along the lines of; at least no class.

 

 

 

"I'm sure you are already shaken up by the news of our ex vice presidents suicide attempt." everyone nodded, the school's usual bullies were the only ones chuckling in the last row.

 

 

 

"And I am sure another suicide news would shake you up again?" he nodded along the others.

 

 

 

 

"I would like Ms and Mr. Park to come here." the director turned around to the couple who were already walking towards him. He stepped backwards to let the two stand in front of the students.

 

 

We could hear sniffles coming from the woman, called Ms.Park, and no one was surprised to see a white tissue in her hands. Mr. Park glanced at his wife and cleared his throat as he took hold of the microphone.

 

 

 

"My wife and I are living right now in sorrow after finding our son, Park Jimin, dead inside his room yesterday..." everyone gasped around the hall, even the bullies who were only a few seconds ago chuckling and throwing jokes at each other.

 

 

 

"I will never forget the sight of my only son, lying on his bed, dead..." Mr. Park glanced at his wife who had tears flowing down on her cheeks. She looked up with an angry face as she pushed her husband away from the microphone. She took it, squeezing it as she heavily breathed in and out.

 

 

 

 

"He wrote a letter before leaving us... My dead son... was bullied!" her voice cracked, students in the hall's were looking at each other with a knowing look. The bullies had their faces down with guilty looks on their faces.

 

 

 

"He wrote the names of those bullies... If... If you don't design yourselves now... I will with no remorse send the letter to the police, and you will be pressed with charges even though you are only 17 or less, you'll be all locked down." people gasped and some started looking over their shoulders in the direction of the bullies.

 

 

 

 

"I want whoever bullied my son to the point of killing himself, to now stand up and apologise..." she cried out, placing her head on her hand.

 

 

 

The hall staid silent for a moment, everyone were looking around as they waited for something to happen. It was unexpected when someone in the back row stood up and bowed down.

 

 

 

"We... we are so sorry!" he shouted, his face red as he tried not to cry. Another bully stood up with his comrade and bowed down, but he didn't say anything.

 

 

 

 

Ms. Park looked up from her hand and smiled sadly at the two bullies when she saw the terrified looks on the boy's faces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

I still can remember the day I killed myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait! That sounded so wrong." I turned my head away from the screen to look at him with a questioning look.

 

 

 

"Really?" he nodded his head. I sighed.

 

 

I turned my head back to the screen and slowly placed my finger on the delete button on my keyboard. I sighed as I hit the button.

 

 

[Delete]

 

 

 

 

 


"How should I word it then, honey?" I asked. I saw him moving closer to the screen, his finger barely touching his lower lip as he furrowed his eyebrows; intensely thinking.

 

 

 

 

"Something like; The day I faked my own suicide, or something like that." I nodded, whispering the words he told me.

 

 

 

I still remember the day I faked my own suicide, it was a Tuesday and I

 

 

 

"Are you seriously starting it like that?" a hand pressed against mine, stopping me from typing. I turned my head to look at him into his brown eyes. I tilted my head, waiting for him to continue talking.

 

 

 

 

"You should start by telling them how you ended up doing this... crazy thing." after my hand was released I started typing again, my lips wet.

 

 

 

 

 

I still remember the day I faked my own suicide, after years of bullying, being shoved around in the school's corridors and insults thrown at me from all around the school, I decided to do something about it.

 

 

 

My daily life wasn't as happy as my parents thought it was. I wasn't the cliché nerdy kid, but I was the normal guy who was unfortunately picked on at school. I was already used to the insults they would throw carelessly at me, I honestly didn't care because my parents had always told me those who bully, aren't better than a piece of trash. But one day I started hearing those four words that would shatter anyone else in pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should kill yourself."

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was shocked when I first heard those four words. I don't even know why those four words would even affect me that much after hearing harsher ones for so many years. I had turned around to face the blond haired guy, who had a stupid smirk on his ugly face. There were gasping students already forming a circle around them. My eyes were wide open, but I closed them and sighed as I turned around to continue on my path towards my class, pushing students away from my road.

 

 

 

The second time I heard the 'new' sentence, it was in the changing rooms after sports. After that time, I started hearing those words every day.  I became used to hear them from the bullies, even one hour without hearing that sentence was weird. Everything was sort of okay, until one day I heard them, this time not directed to me, but another person. The said person tried to commit suicide the next day, he would be dead by now if it wasn't for his mother who saved him by driving him to the nearest hospital in town after he had nearly overdosed himself to death.

 

 

 

After the news of an innocent person attempting suicide I, Park Jimin, decided I would make the bullies, who recklessly threw those four words around on lost souls, learn their lesson.

 

 

 

 

That is the day I decided to fake my own suicide.

 

 

 

 

 

"Is it better?" I grinned when he nodded with a proud look on his face. I sighed and my body relaxed a little bit.

 

 

 

 

But how, was the question. How was I going to teach those bullies a lesson? Me, a seventeen year old student. That is when I went to tell my parents about the bullying happening in my school.

 

 

 

First they were shocked, but proud of me when I told them I wanted to do something about it. They told me they would talk to the school about it, but I knew how school's usually acted in these kind of situations; first they would say they will try and make it change, but after one big meeting in the sport hall they wouldn't do anything about it.

 

 

 

They were first uneasy about my idea of faking my own suicide, but after a long hour of discussion we ended up agreeing on it. They called the director who said it would be a good idea, and that is when my mission started.

 

 

 

The next day, I staid at home with my parents, a feeling of uneasiness building inside my body as I remembered at what time the director would announce the sad news to the students.

 

 

It was 9;58 AM, and he would announce it at 10 AM sharp.

 

 

 

I stared at the clock on my white wall. It had been placed next to the door, right next to my One Piece poster.

 

 

 

When the clock ticked 10AM I smirked. It was time. I imagined how everyone would go inside the sports hall, sitting on the seats, questioning why they were all gathered inside it. Usually they were called inside the sports hall when there were important news. And the news today were very important.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

It was 10AM and he was already heading towards the sports hall. He was curious on why they were all called to gather into the hall. He hoped it was good news, like a new afterschool club, or even a new menu in the cafeteria. He was already tired of hearing sad news, about bullying, kids trying to commit suicide or his favorite foods being deleted from the menu.

 

 

 

He hated the first time he had learned pizza wouldn't be on the menu anymore. He nearly cried that day.

 

 

 

He looked to his right and to his left when he entered the hall, he was one of the first ones inside and he quickly went to sit to the first row.

 

 

 

After waiting for another ten minutes for the rest of the students to finally come inside the hall, the director of the school stepped inside the room, his black shoes leaving an echoing step sound. The doors were closed and everyone stared at the man and the woman following the direction from behind. The three climbed the stairs and stepped on the stage. The woman and the man stopped next to the stairs, leaving the director to walk alone to the microphone situated in the middle of the stage.

 

 

 

"Good morning, students, teachers, I'm sure you are all wondering why I asked all of you to come here on a class period this early in the morning. And without advertisement beforehand." he turned around, hearing people whisper something along the lines of at least no class.

 

 

 

"I'm sure you are already shaken up by the news of our ex vice presidents suicide attempt." everyone nodded, the school's usual bullies were the only ones chuckling on the last row.

 

 

 

"And I am sure another suicide news would shake you up again?" he nodded along the others.

 

 

 

 

"I would like Ms. Park and Mr. Park to come here." the director turned around to the couple who were already walking towards him. He stepped backwards to let the two stand in front of the students.

 

 

We could hear sniffles coming from the woman, called Ms.Park, and no one was surprised to see a white tissue in her hands. Mr. Park glanced at his wife and cleared his throat as he took hold of the microphone.

 

 

 

"My wife and I are living right now in sorrow after finding our son, Park Jimin, dead inside his room yesterday..." everyone gasped around the hall, even the bullies who were only a few seconds ago chuckling and throwing jokes at each other.

 

 

 

"I will never forget the sight of my only son, lying on his bed, dead..." Mr. Park glanced at his wife who had tears flowing on her cheeks. She looked up with an angry face as she pushed her husband away from the microphone. She took it, squeezing it as she heavily breathed in and out.

 

 

 

 

"He had wrote a letter... My dead son... was bullied!" her voice cracked, students in the hall's were looking at each other with a knowing look. The bullies had their faces down with guilty looks on their faces.

 

 

 

"He wrote the names of those bullies... If... If you don't design yourselves now... I will with no remorse send the letter to the police, and you will be pressed with charges even though you are only 17 or less, you'll be all locked down." people gasped and some started looking over their shoulders in the direction of the bullies.

 

 

 

 

"I want whoever bullied my son to the point of killing himself, to now stand up and apologise..." she cried out, placing her head on her hand.

 

 

 

The hall staid silent for a moment, everyone were looking around as they waited for something to happen. It was unexpected when someone in the back row stood up and bowed down.

 

 

 

"We... we are so sorry!" he shouted, his face red as he tried not to cry. Another bully stood up with his comrade and bowed down, but he didn't say anything.

 

 

 

 

Ms. Park looked up from her hand and smiled sadly at the two bullies, knowing that his son's plan worked perfectly well as she saw the terrified looks on the boy's faces.

 

 

 

"Thank you boys for being honest with me." his eyes widened when the woman smiled, the man next to her smiled as well. The director started laughing, asking the couple to leave the scene.

 

 

 

"Good, now that we know who bullies in this school, shall we let them know?" he turned around to Mr. Park who nodded with a smile.

 

 

 

Everyone were shocked after the director told them that, Park Jimin wasn't dead, that he was lying in his bed at home but very well alive.

 

 

 

He breathed out after hearing the director's words, feeling a feeling of relief.

When he had heard Mr. Park telling them that Jimin had killed himself, he couldn't believe in it, he had felt a feeling of disbelief, but after a moment tears nearly had escaped from his eyes to roll on his cheeks.

 

 

If he ever sees that brat again, he will kill him with his own hands.

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day I went back to school, people were looking at me, some with bright smiles, but other's with glares. I knew some wouldn't like the way I taught a lesson to the bullies, but at least the bullies wouldn't bully anyone. Wasn't that the most important thing?

 

 

I was walking to my locker when I felt someone hit my head with a heavy object. I frowned, thinking that it was a bully, but when I turned around two strong arms wrapped around my body, hugging me senseless. When I was finally freed from the bone crushing hug I looked up to see a black haired, very familiar boy smiling to me. I smiled back, looking down to see the heavy weapon the boy had hit him with. I sighed in relief and looked up again.

 

 

 

We stood there, in the middle of the corridors, no words were said. No need for words, we already knew what the other wanted to say.

 

 

 

"Jimin." I turned around, sighing as I hit the space button. I smiled at the sight of a plate with a sandwich on it. He walked to sit on the chair situated next to me. He handed the plate to me and I willingly took it.

 

 

 

"Yoongi."

 

 

 


 

Author's Note;

 

I don't know where this came from.

But anyway, thank you for reading this.

x