The beginning

Love is blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JACKSON, AGE 5;  MARK. AGE 7

‘Dimsum! Uwaaah! Why are you leaving me alone? Was it because I was a bad boy? I promise you that I’ll behave. Don’t leave me Dimsum. Uwaah!’ wailed Jackson who still couldn’t accept the fact that his beloved friend was leaving to the U.S. for good because of his dad’s stupid transfer. ‘No, no. you are a very sweet and obedient guy… It’s just that I have to leave you, no other choice. But I promise you I’ll come back for you once I grow up.’” Promise?” “Promise!“ And so they sealed their promise by interlocking their pinky fingers. They both hugged one last time before going inside the airport. Mrs. Wang and Mrs. Tuan looked at each other with teary eyes while Mr. Wang and Mr. Tuan shared a brotherly side hug. It wasn’t like they’ve been neighbors for very long but the bond they had with each other in this short time made them inseparable. The Tuan family headed for the check-in with a heavy heart, while the Wang family waved at them one last time and went to the airport parking to return home. “Why did they have to leave us? I miss them already” sobbed the poor little ball of love. He just snuggled to his mother’s chest and closed his eyes. The last thing he remembered was a white van hitting them and….

 

Jackson woke up to the sound of beeping and some unfamiliar smells. He forced his eyes open and what he saw was shocking. Nothing, he couldn’t see anything, before realization hit him someone opened the door. Jackson? He identified the owner of the voice as his aunt, he felt a little relieved knowing he wasn’t dead. His aunt said nothing and simply took the little fellow in his arms and said, “Everything will be fine darling. I’ll make sure to keep you safe; I’ll protect you even if it costs me my life.” Where are dad and mom? Are they fine? Are they hurt badly?” Jackson wanted to ask so many more questions but all he could do was sit still like he was paralyzed. Marie trembled at the memory of her lovely sister and brother-in-law lying as corpses in a stretcher; she remembered how she cried till she passed out upon seeing them dead. None the less, she was happy to see her nephew alive. Maybe things will turn out to be better in the future.

JACKSON, AGE 18

“Jackson! Wake up. Time for breakfast!”.  He mentally groaned to himself as he felt sun rays hit him. As soon he opened his eyes, it was the same… completely black and dark. He had been a blind for 13 years and counting but sometimes he couldn’t help but hope that one day he would open his eyes to a beautiful and colorful world. The optimist didn’t want to start his day with negative thoughts and so he put them aside and got ready for work. Yes, work. There are people who consider even blinds are capable of doing work, it was nothing fancy though, just an ordinary coffee shop whose owner was a kind hearted old woman around her sixties. He did homeschooling till high school which he deemed was enough education to survive. The real reason though was that he didn’t want to burden his aunt with the tuition fees since she already paid a lump sum for homeschooling. The brunette ate his breakfast and headed for work. “Hey Jackiee! Good morning! Had a good night?” “Good morning Jinyoungiee and yes I had a good night sleep, thank you very much.” Jinyoung was the grandson o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter