Trouble Brewing

Jack of Trades, Ace of My Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was mid-morning, time for the full rush of customers Cup’paccino, the coffee shop where Jo Youngmin worked as a barista. He’d been here for about five months now. He was still learning his way around and couldn’t make coffee or do cappuccino art to save his life. His boss liked his work ethic though. He was hard-driven and very friendly to customers, so, more often than not, Youngmin found himself tending to the cash register. That could be a very stressful job though, and today was no exception. It was the beginning of the colder months and it seemed everyone wanted coffee today; at least everyone in their district of Seoul. Youngmin sighed to himself before returning the gentle smile to his features and doing his best to work slowly through the masses.

The day passed without many interruptions, at least that was until suddenly his next guest got completely up in his face, grinning like he’d won a million dollars; Kwangmin.

“Heya hyung, guess what?” he bounced excitedly on the balls of his feet, further emphasizing his apparent good news.

“I- Kwangie, there’s people behind you…” Youngmin pointed out softly, trying not to whine, himself. Truthfully, it was nice to see his brother here after he’d been so stressed all morning. Being around Kwangmin was always a very quick way to see to it that Youngmin was back in his own comfort zone. That was mostly due to the fact that they were twin brothers, but it also had a lot to do with the fact that they were in a relationship. He’d like very much to just be able to take a break but people were already tutting at Kwangmin for stalling the queue. “Let’s talk later, hmm?” he sighed, giving the younger twin a defeated expression.
    Kwangmin opens his mouth to speak, but he’s interrupted by the manager coming over. Youngmin winces in preparation for the scolding for talking during his shift. “I’m sorry sir I just-”
    “Youngmin-ah, Jaeyong isn’t able to train right now, so I asked Kwangmin to find you, naturally it should be no problem right?”
    The older twin isn’t entirely following. “Training...Kwangmin…” he blinks and shoots a bewildered expression to his brother. “You got a job here?”
    Kwangmin’s grin returns and he nods. “Apparently I passed, yeah.” sheepishly, his hand comes up to rub at the back of his neck. “So whattaya say, hyung? Want to help train me?”
    Youngmin can swear there’s a hidden meaning behind that sentence but he drops it for now. “Well, is it okay to leave the register sir?” he ponders, reluctantly glancing again at the growing line. The manager rushes him off, already sliding next to his employee and greeting the next person in line. Blinking once more, Youngmin figures it’s alright now and he crooks a finger at his younger brother. “Follow me.”
    The two of them get back in the store, out of sight, near the employee break room and Youngmin rounds on his brother. “Are you insane Kwanggie? I’m happy for your new job but… you know it’s going to cause problems. Us working together is potentially the worst thing I can think of.” he sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.
    “Youngmin-ah~” the other coos, gently wrapping his arms around him in a hug. “You worry far too much. It’s not like we’re wearing a neon sign about our relationship.” he chuckles.
    Youngmin looks pointedly at Kwangmin’s arms around him and then back up into his brother’s face, quirking a brow.
    Scoffing, Kwangmin shrugs, but lets his twin go. “So I hugged m

Please log in to read the full chapter