# 1/1

Halfwit House Party

 

 

 

 + 001 | FRIDAY 1:00PM

 

 

MIN Young’s apartment is smaller than that of the usual. There’s one bedroom—her bedroom—covered in all her clothes, and the four different pieces of furniture she has: a bed, two side tables, and a dresser. The kitchen takes up half of the family room which is joined together with the small dining room. There’s one bathroom, and the only way to get to it is climb through the hall closet which use to be part of the bathroom but she needed more storage space. She doesn’t have a place to study, nor does she have a backyard—though she does have a small balcony off the side of the family room.

 

Being that her apartment is small—she in no way can ever have anyone else live with her. Ever. But this fact doesn’t stop her father from shoving her cousin’s life down . Lee Sung Jun—her father’s brother’s son. He’s an aspiring drug dealer, as of now he’s a drug addict and an alcoholic—but he’s going through withdrawals. He wanted to be a high school dropout, and doesn’t have a job. He needs a place to stay since his father—Min Young’s uncle—kicked him out.

 

“So, there’s not another bedroom?” Sung Jun deadpans as he stares straight at the beige love seat sat in front of him. Min Young only nods her head while shifting her weight from one leg to the other. “You’ve got to be ing kidding me.” He groans while flinging his one dark grey duffle bag onto the couch before sliding onto it himself.

 

Min Young huffs, “Are you insulting me?”

 

“I don’t know, am I?” He responds with a shrug as he pulls himself into a sitting position and crosses his arm. “Got any beer?”

 

She rolls her eyes, “Aren’t you an alcoholic?”

 

“Hence why I’m asking if you have beer.” He says it so nonchalantly that it makes Min Young think he’s actually being serious—but then he bursts into a fit of laughter and she realizes he’s not serious at all. Thus being one reason why she so hates her cousin.

 

That and the many things the two have been through since childhood. Like the time Sung Jun thought it would be a good idea to throw a pot of boiling water on a beehive while Min Young stood underneath it—not only did she get stung everywhere, but some of that water burned her in the process. Then there was the time that Min Young and him were going to their prom—almost two years ago—and Sung Jun decided to convince his parents that he was in fact gay and dating Min Young’s boyfriend. In the end Min Young’s boyfriend—Lee Byung Hun—admitted that he was in fact gay and dating Lee Chan Hee, thus admitting to using Min Young as his beard. Oh, and it took one years for Sung Jun to convince his parents that he’s not in fact gay but actually very straight—oh so very straight.

 

There was also the incident when they were fifteen and Sung Jun climbed through Min Young’s bedroom window—very drunk—and threw up all over her perfectly white carpet (the stain never came out) and somehow, in the process, convinced her father that she and he went out to a club together. She was grounded for two months, and her dad got a work friend—a police officer—to give both of them community service but Sung Jun always ditched, leaving Min Young to do everything. There’s many other things the two have been through in the past twenty some years of their lives, which only causes Min Young’s hate for him to intensify.

 

“No, I don’t have beer.” She spits the words in his face—even to where some lands on the side of his cheek—and scowls at the tall boy who now stands in front of her. “Nor do I have any alcohol in an apartment where an alcoholic will be living—and if I find any alcohol here, you’re dead. Understand me?”

 

Sung Jun only smirks as he brushes a few strands of his dark hair out of his face. “You don’t have to worry cousin, I want to get better.” He replies in the most monotonous voice he could muster.

 

“So, that’s why you’ve overdosed twice in the past two months, and have had to have your stomach pumped in the last four.” She shakes her head as she blows out a breath. “Wow, it all makes since now.” The two glance at each other for a minute and Min swears he’s planning something in the back of his mind. But, she doesn’t question it and instead returns to her earlier stance.

 

Sung Jun smiles sweetly at her, “So, do you have work today?”

 

“Yeah I do…why?” She asks as she slowly narrows her eyes at him.

 

He shrugs his shoulders, “Just wondering.” He pats her on the shoulder as he bypasses her to reach the kitchen in order to grab something to drink. “Work should be soon, right? Shouldn’t you be heading out?”

 

 

+002 | FRIDAY 9:30PM

 

 

BY the time Min Young gets back home; she should’ve realized what’s going on. First, there’s far too many cars parked near her street—which is unusual because she lives in a pretty small part of Gangnam. Second, when very-quite Mr. Tanaka comes whizzing out of the apartment complex shouting nonsense in Japanese at her—she should’ve realized.

 

Her apartment complex is mostly filled with really old people or just-starting-out families with small kids. Needless to say, it’s usually quite; maybe a few cries from the babies or sometimes there’s sirens in the neighborhood because—morbidly—another elderly man or woman has passed away in their sleep. But never-ever, are there hundreds upon hundreds of young adults running up and down the halls singing, laughing, hugging, talking, and practically shagging each other on the walls.

 

Min Young knows exactly who’s caused this. Sung Jun; her stupid, good for nothing, idiotic, drunk, and drug user of a cousin. She gives him a place to stay, free Wi-Fi, and a third reason she’s yet to think of. Though that third reason doesn’t matter to her when she walks into her actual apartment. Red solo cups thrown everywhere, the music bumping so damn hard off the walls, people grinding on each other, on the walls, on the ing floor.

 

It takes her mere minutes to find Sung Jun; because hell, he’s the life of the party and is easy to find drinking vodka from his cup and rapidly humping the air in the middle of the dance floor. On her way to him, she’s not sure if she wants to strangle him to death or kill him in a slower way to where he feels all the pain he’s caused her over the years—because either way, he’ll die.

 

“Couz, you made it.” Sung Jun slurs his brain off while sliding his arm around Ming Young’s shoulder the minute she gets near him. Now she’s plotting to just rip his head off because he’s so damn close to her to where she can smell the mix of vodka and mint from his intoxicated breath.

 

She doesn’t even try to hold back her anger as she moves herself around to be gripping the edges of his collar, “This is my ing apartment, Sung Jun! Mine!” Sung Jun’s eyes grow wide at the sight of his very fuming cousin. “I’ll be kicked out with no place to go if the land lord catches wind of this! Do you ever think?” She cries while pulling back and forth on his collar causing him to go in the same motion.

 

“What are you talking about, everyone’s enjoying their time?” He says back while gripping her hands and pulling her off of him. “Look, why don’t you go calm down and wash your face. Then we’ll have a rational conversation, okay?” Before she can object she’s being pushed into her small bathroom with the door being slammed in her face.

 

She stands there for a minute, blankly starring at the door, before coming to the realization that her bathroom locks from the outside. Min Young definitely wouldn’t put it past Sung Jun to lock her in the bathroom—and when she grabs the handle and jiggles it, she knows for sure that he did. It doesn’t stop her from continuing to jiggle the handle back and forth while banging on the door with her other. Nothing would actually stop her from doing anything remotely stupid because Min is nowhere near a genius.

 

“They can’t hear you over the music.” The sound of a man’s voice causes Min to jump five feet in the air. Her whole body plasters itself to the chestnut colored door as she glances further into the bathroom. There, sat on the dark counter tops with legs swinging back and forth, is that good-for-nothing’s best friend. The boy she hates to hate. The boy who is another factor in ruining parts of her life.

 

Chang Hyun hops off the counter to lean up against the side of the wall to really get a good look at the girl he hasn’t seen since those last few days of high school. He notices the few different things about her: like her facial features are more mature, she’s taller, her eyes are more hazel, and her hair shorter and darker. Overall she’s even more beautiful than the last time he saw her. Which makes him wonder what she thinks of him. “You look good Min.”

 

“Duh’.”

 

The last time the two had seen each other was approximately two years, and four months ago. On those dreadful nights…involving prom night.

 

 

+003 | JUNE 15TH, 2012 8:30PM

 

 

MIN Young has never cried as much as she has on this day. Standing in front of her is her boyfriend, Byung Hun, who has just come out as gay. It’s not that Min’s mad that he’s gay, she’s mad that he’s come out of the closet on one of the biggest nights of her life. The two of them are supposed to be crowned king and queen of prom—there is no honor higher than that! Plus, she’s supposed to be the best candidate for the top student of her grade—an honor not given by the school but by the students—and she can’t get that if her boyfriend’s gay.

 

“You’re gay.” Her bottom lip quivers at the thought as he nods.

 

Byung Hun’s instinct says to grab her hand but she grabs his before he can. “We can still go to prom together, right?” Sung Jun—the not so gay, yet professes he’s gay cousin—cringes at the begging and desperateness in her voice. And to think, he did this to her. The only person in the world he actually cares about: he messed up further than anything else he’s ever done.

 

“Minnie, you’re the reason I could never be with my boyfriend,” Byung Hun pauses to pull his hand out of her grip and to pat the top of her hand. He truly wants to apologize to her, because he did just throw out the biggest plot twist in the history of his life, but his mind is also saying to get his as far away from her as possible. He’s pretty sure she’s desperate enough to do something along the lines of brainwashing him. “I’m sorry but this prom is going to practically be the only school function he and I can go together—as a couple.” He presses a light kiss to the top of her head—albeit a quick one—before heading toward the front door. “I’m going, have fun tonight Minnie.”

 

Have fun? Fun? How is she supposed to have fun? How is she supposed to have fun when her life is practically in ruins because of this? Not just that but what about what their friends are going to say? They’ll look down upon her. Pity her.

 

Min turns to look up and try and plead more but funny enough: he’s not there.

 

He’s gone. Poof. Goodbye. Byung Hun’ left to go be with his so-called-boyfriend; leaving Min Young in a sea of tears. “This is your entire fault!” She screams directly in Sung Jun’s face who ultimately nods his head in agreement—because technically it is his fault. But, it’s not like he knew Byung Hun is gay.

 

He watches silently as she bolts up the stairs—almost tripping twice over her flowing blue gown—and sighs straight after. The last thing he wants is to have his cousin mad at him. On the other hand both of their parents, who stand near him with dissatisfying faces, proceed to leave from the premise. Her parents not even sparing a glance up the staircase to really see whether or not she’s okay. His parents only glare at him—a deep and dark glare which he for sure knows is a mix of hatred for being “gay” and a content dislike for ruining Min’s “perfect prom night”.

 

“.” He mutters to himself as he trails up the stairs to Min’s locked room. Inside he knows she’s crying, hell, he can hear it from the outside. “Min, can you please open up?” He bangs on the door hard his other hand gripping the door handle with a good enough pressure that it might disintegrate all together. “Min, come on! I didn’t mean for any of this to happen.”

 

He doesn’t get a response, but of course he sort of knew he wouldn’t get one. Min is very defiant. No matter how many times you apologize for making a mistake, there’s a good chance she won’t forgive you. That’s just Min.

 

He’s not about to stop there. If anything Min is one of the most important people in his life—more like the only. The last thing he wants is for her to be extremely upset with him. Even if he enjoys messing with her, he never wants to upset her. That’s never been his intention. That’ll never be his intention.

 

Sung Jun makes his way to his room, where on the thin mattress he calls a bed, sits his outfit for prom. The outfit consisting of a black suit, white undershirt, black tie, and black dress shoes—needless to say he didn’t plan his outfit out, his mother did. On his desk sits his phone to which he immediately grabs a hold of and dials his best friend’s number. It’s a few minutes before the lazy boy answers with a gruff “What?”

 

“Get dressed for prom and be here in the next five minutes or I swear to ing hell I’ll tell your mom everything you did last summer. Including the thirty year old.” It takes him only a second to think through the situation before Sung Jun’s best friend is hanging up and getting dressed as quickly as possible. Sung Jun on the other hand takes his time to strip out of his normal clothes and dress into the outfit his mother had laid out for him. That perfectly neat yet perfectly not his style—outfit.

 

Meanwhile Min, continues to wallow in her own pity. Her back is pushed up against the side of her bed, and her legs are crossed over each other. Her beautiful blue prom dress is wrinkling from the awkward position she’s in, not to mention all the wet spots from her tears.

 

“Min, your date is here!”

 

What? Date? Her date just ran out of her house after confessing he’s gay. She doesn’t have a date—unless…

 

Min is suddenly up on her feet—smoothing out the wrinkles on her dress and clearing the tears from her face—running toward the door and sprinting down the stairs. Her parents are nowhere in sight, and neither is her boyfriend. Instead, standing awkwardly with his hands shoved into the pockets of his black slacks is Chang Hyun that slacker she can’t stand to be near.

 

“Is this some sort of joke?” She spits as she turns toward Sung Jun.

 

Sung Jun, as well, is now dressed in his prom outfit and the whole thing makes her cringe. Mainly because Sung Jun in anything formal is actually quite disgusting. “No, of course not, but you want to go to prom right?” She slowly nods her head as she glances back in Chang Hyun’s direction.

 

He doesn’t look that bad. Besides the blue and white baseball cap sitting sideways on his head and the fact that his tie is somewhat crooked and she assumes it’s a clip on. His white shirt is also not tucked in, and he’s not wearing a belt on his pants, nor is he wearing a black jacket on his shoulders. At least he brushed his hair…at least.

 

The way he looks at her though, he seems as if he doesn’t want to be here—so why would she go to prom with someone who doesn’t want to go with her? “Are you even still a student at our school?” The thing with Chang Hyun is that, for some strange reason, he’s never at school. He’s in the same grade as her and Sung Jun but why doesn’t he ever show up? And if he doesn’t show up to any classes then that means he’s not qualified to go to prom and to attend graduation.

 

“Yes, he’s qualified.” Sung Jun answers as he claps his friend on the back.

 

Min stands there wondering for a minute on whether or not this would be a good thing. Her boyfriend: class president, captain of the soccer team, and loved by everyone. Chang Hyun: technically a drop out, captain of all slackers, and despised by nearly everyone. There are practically no similarities between the two. So, how could she possibly go to prom with Chang Hyun?

 

“Trade outfits and I’ll call it a deal.” She flicks her index finger between Sung Jun and Chang Hyun before crossing her arms and shifting her weight to the other leg. Sung Jun immediately nods as he grabs a rebellious Chang Hyun by the collar and pulls him into the downstairs bathroom—located right next to the stairs on the other side of the kitchen.

 

Chang Hyun hits Sung Jun in the shoulder the minute they walk into the small bathroom. “I didn’t agree to this!” He really wants to shout at Sung Jun but seeing as though Min is right outside—that’s probably not a good idea.

 

“Technically, you didn’t agree to anything.” Sung Jun pulls off his tie in one swift motion, before tugging his black jacket off and working on ing his undershirt. “Last month you said you liked her. Feelings don’t change that quickly dude.” He finally slips out of the shirt and shoves it into Chang Hyun’s chest with a firm grunt. “Now change and make this the best night of Min’s life.”

 

Chang Hyun can only run a hand through his hair frustratedly. All he truly wants to do is punch his best friend in the face. The reason being: he actually has to have his best friend convince the girl of his dreams into going to prom with him. Because there’s absolutely no chance of her just blatantly agreeing to go with him as he is. He’s not the guy of her dreams, not in any way shape or form.

 

Unfortunately, he ends up changing anyway and a few minutes after, he’s sitting in Sung Jun’s bright green jeep, right next to Sung Jun as Min Young sits in the back by herself—alone and sad. None of them have tried to talk; instead, at some point, Sung Jun turns on the radio and the first song that comes on—sadly—is Go Away by 2ne1. Ten seconds into listening to the song and Min Young’s bottom lip is quiver, her hands are shaking, and a few tears are daring to run down her cheeks.

 

When the two finally hear Min Young’s break of sobs they turn to each other and immediately cuss. Yes, the two are complete idiots for not realizing that she did in fact just have a break up, and now this song is playing. Idiots. Chang Hyun is immediately switching the station while Sung Jun is cussing up a storm. The next station plays Missing You by 2ne1 and the station after that one is playing Lonely by 2ne1.

 

“! Is it national play sad songs by twenty one day?” Sung Jun finally slams his hand on the button that turns off the radio, and sighs in content when the music finally stops. “Min, you okay?” He asks after a second as he glances over his shoulder at her; only to see her use part of her gown to wipe away some of her tears and the snot that rolled out of her nose.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

 

Sung Jun throws looks over his shoulders a good amount of time throughout the ride. He only ever saw tears and snot rolling down his cousin’s face. And he knows for a fact that he wants to not only beat himself up but also slug Byung Hun in the face more than once. Maybe also yell right at Min Young’s parents for letting their daughter be this upset—not even trying to comfort her.

 

Finally Sung Jun parks his jeep in the hotel’s parking lot. Yes, their high school prom is at a hotel. Whoever’s idea was to have senior prom at a hotel, was either high as hell or very innocent—because Sung Jun, Chang Hyun, and Min Young alike know that half of the senior class will be getting down and dirty in one of the many rooms of the hotel.

 

“Min, we’re here.” He says softly as he punches Chang Hyun in the shoulder to wake him up from his ever needed snooze fest. Min, at the very least, looks like a disastrous mess. Her eyeliner is now in streaks down her cheeks, her eyes are bright red and slightly puff, her dress is wrinkled in every part of it, her hair is slightly dysfunctional, and most of all she looks like she can continue to cry at any minute; because, technically, she can and probably will.

 

Her eyes make contact with Sung Jun’s immediately, “Already?” Her cousin nods, his mop of brunette hair falling over his face. “Are there any wipes in here?” She asks desperately as she moves forward—her arm stretching out to grab the mirror and situate it toward her—and shoves herself slightly on Chang Hyun’s lap, slightly on the center console.

 

Sung Jun glances in Chang Hyun’s position as he uses his index finger to point toward the glove box. Chang Hyun responds with the middle finger before opening up the box and removing the wipes to pass to her. Quickly enough Min is fixing up her face and after that the three are standing in front of the car—Min now looking as beautiful as ever.

 

“We should just go.” In an instant Min’s turning back toward the jeep and trying to make her way in. But, Sung Jun and Chang Hyun each grab her upper arm, lift her slight above the ground, and begin to take her to the front door.

 

“There’s no way you’re missing your prom.” Sung Jun states.

 

Min groans in annoyance, “You’re only saying that because you don’t want to be at fault if I do miss it.” Sung Jun tries not to lash out—he really does.

 

“Just be thankful, you spoiled brat.”

 

To say the least Chang Hyun feels enormously cumbersome when Min punches Sung Jun in the face, even more so when she’s dragging him into the actual hotel to the main dining room where the whole class of senior year is. “Are you sure you want to do this?” He asks as her hand slides down to interlock their fingers together. He really tries not to act gawky at the thought of holding hands with his crush—but he does, especially so when he accidentally steps on her gown and makes her trip. Thankfully, she catches a hold of the nearest chair and sends a glare toward Chang Hyun before she could actually face plant.

 

“Sorry.” He mumbles as she reconnects their hands.

 

The two make it a little further into the room, before Min’s gaze lands on the two people she never ever wants to see. Byung Hun and his supposed boyfriend Chan Hee. Chan Hee, the school’s retro nerd. Of course, this is high school and suddenly she’s thrown into a cliché movie: one where the jock dates the nerd.

 

“I can’t do this.” She mumbles as she drops a hold of his hand and begins to make her way toward the door. Before she can make it there, Chang Hyun is grabbing a hold of her hand once more, and pulling her back toward him. “What are you doing?” She hisses while gripping his wrist and trying to push him away—he refuses to let go though.

 

He uses his other hand to point toward the now raving dance floor. “Let’s dance.” It’s not a question; it’s more of a statement as he pulls her closer and practically has to drag her to the dance floor.

 

“I didn’t agree to this, Chang Hyun.” She hisses as she continues to try and pull herself out of his grip. Though she ends up failing. He wraps his right hand around her waist, and uses his left hand to hold up her own, right after placing her other hand on his shoulder. She automatically notices the looks and stares of all the students around her. They're staring at them, and they're starring at Byung Hun and Chan Hee. Because what the hell? Why aren’t Miss Perfect and Mister Perfect dancing together? Why is Mister Perfect dancing with that weird nerd who’s obsessed with that anime show no one cares for? And why is Miss Perfect dancing with that loser who always ditches school? She could feel all the eyes. She could hear all the whispers.

 

“I can’t do this.” Chang Hyun doesn’t let her budge but keeps her with him, guiding her through the steps. “They’re all starring.” She utters it so quietly Chang Hyun can barely interpret what she says but the minute he glances up—he understands.

 

“Don’t let it bother you.” He whispers.

 

She laughs, a dry laugh. “Easy for you to say.”

 

Chang Hyun keeps quiet after that. What is he supposed to say? That he does understand because any time he walks into school he’s the center of attention—no one understands why he even goes to school if he only shows up for like two or three days a month. He knows what it’s like—what she’s going through. And he knows how to ignore them all.

 

“You guys should take pictures.” Sung Jun says the minute the two leave the dance floor. Min Young throws him a look as Chang Hyun retreats to the nearest bathroom to go to the bathroom, and calm himself.

 

She shakes her head with a sigh, “I don’t want to remember this night.”

 

Chang Hyun came back a little while later and the three of them sat in the near back of the room, where the tables and food are located. “Alright everybody!” Their principal has never been one for “coolness” as Sung Jun likes to put it. “It’s time to announce prom king and queen.”

 

“You’ve got this in the bag Min!” Sung Jun cheers as he wraps his arm around his shoulder and urges Chang Hyun to grab her hand—which he finally does when he notices it shaking badly. Min swears it’s a life time before their principal is delivered the envelope with two names on it.

 

He coughs lightly into the microphone before ripping open the manila envelope and flipping the card open. His eyes scan it quickly before a slight frown appears on his face. The look on his face only makes Sung Jun bring his cousin closer to him and to have Chang Hyun grip her hand tighter. “Prom King Lee Byung Hun!” The crowd of seniors cheer as Min tries not to cry at the sight of him making his way to the top of the stage. “And the title of prom queen goes to…” The principal’s frown comes back to his face as he stutters out the name that is nowhere near Ming’s. “Lee Chan Hee?”

 

Sung Jun and Chang Hyun immediately look toward each other in shock. Each of them glancing down at Min before Sung Jun is grabbing Min’s upper arm and hauling her out of the hotel, Chang Hyun still attached to her—because she’s not letting go of his hand any time soon. And to say the least, Sung Jun was pissed and so was Min but she was too busy trying not to die from her crying.

 

When they reach a stop light at the nearest intersection, Min finally has the guts to lace her tone with so much dismay. “This is your entire fault Sung Jun! If you just kept your stupid mouth shut, none of this would’ve happened!” And Sung Jun takes the abuse as she sprouts off more about how much he hates him. Chang Hyun keeps quiet watching as his best friend slowly falls into a pit of darkness—no more happiness shining on his face.

 

“I’m sorry Min.”

 

“You’re sorry means to me.”

 

 

+004 | FRIDAY 10:00PM

 

 

MIN and Chang Hyun’s backs are up against the side of the white tub. Her head is lying on top of her knees, and his legs are stretched out and his head is leaning from side to side as he tries to keep himself awake. “God, it’s been like an hour.” She huffs while dragging her nails against the skin of her legs.

 

“It’s been thirty minutes tops.” He replies while shifting to look at her.

 

She rolls her eyes, “You know what I meant.”

 

He holds back a laugh as he places a hand on the top of her back and pats it once or twice. Of course he knows what she meant—he always knows what she means. A lot of people say they don’t understand her—not even Sung Jun can—but Chang Hyun, he can understand her. Like the back of his hand. “I think Sung Jun did this on purpose.”

 

“I wouldn’t put it past him.” She replies.

 

The two keep quiet as he now begins to drum his fingers on the top of her head. One after another in a repetitive motion. It doesn’t bother her—there was the night before graduation when he did the same thing. Even when they didn’t know each other that well, he still acted as if they were closer than ever—back then that is. Now a days? Now a days they never talk to each other, maybe a nod at each other here and there but other than that—nothing. After those three days together—nonstop together the three of them—they barely ever talked. How does that even work?

 

They acted like those three days never happened. Like the three of them didn’t take care of each other for so long. Like they didn’t throw away what people thought and did what they wanted to do.

 

 

+005 | JUNE 16TH, 2012 8:00AM

 

 

THE backseat of Sung Jun’s jeep seems crowded as hell when Sung Jun wakes up. On the seat, sprawled out, is Min Young in her bright blue prom dress still soaked from her tears the night before. Lying slightly on top of her is Chang Hyun who’s only wearing the white under shirt and his boxers. Lying on the floor—Chang Hyun slightly on him as well—is Sung Jun himself, only in his boxers and black dress shoes. To say the three look completely ridiculous—is an understatement. And once more it’s Sung Jun’s fault for getting pissed off and driving on the freeway hell bent on getting rid of his anger. Of course, half way down the freeway he gets lost and pulls over in some ty town north of Gangnam.

 

Chang Hyun wakes up a few seconds later, nuzzling her head into the crook of Min Young’s neck. Yes it’s awkward for Sung Jun to see, and yes he feels like ripping Chang Hyun’s face off. And he almost does it too, but Chang Hyun wakes up, freaks at the proximity between the two, and flails until he falls directly on top of Sung Jun with a grunt—ultimately waking the princess up as well.

 

“Well, everyone’s up.” Sung Jun mutters as he pushes Chang Hyun away by shoving his hand into his face harshly. “Min, how are you feeling?” He asks while leaning up to look directly at her.

 

Min Young contemplates it. How is she feeling? A bit desperate at the moment. All she wants to do is call up Byung Hun and convince him that she’s the one for him and that she’ll forgive everything he’s done if he just gives up on Chan Hee. But doesn’t that make her the mean girl of that typical high school cliché of a movie. She’s that y ex-girlfriend who tries to ruin the main couple a million times over, and never finds happiness in the end.

 

All she wants is happiness. A happy ending with someone—anyone. “I just, I really want to have a boyfriend.” She mutters while wiping furiously at her tired eyes. Sung Jun looks between his cousin and his best friend before pointing directly at the dazed boy.

 

“He’s single and totally in love with you.”

 

Of course the dazed boy isn’t that dazed, and is awake enough to land a good punch on Sung Jun’s shoulder. “ you.” Chang Hyun mutters while punching once more in the gut for added effect. As much as Chang Hyun has dreamed to date Min Young—to hold her once, maybe even kiss her—this is not the type of state he imagined to date her in. She’s a broken mess.

 

“Can we eat?” She asks after a minute of starring at Chang Hyun in moderate distaste. “I’m starved.” She continues as she pulls her dress up a bit too where it’s now just above her knees.

 

Sung Jun nods, “What do you want to eat?”

 

“Burritos.”

 

The three garner stares the minute they walk into the small Mexican restaurant on the corner of the street. It’s obvious why. Min Young is still dressed in her prom dress which is hiked up to her knees—her makeup is a bit messed up, and she’s wearing the jacket that Chang Hyun previously had on—Sung Jun is awkwardly wearing that foe suit attire crookedly, as Chang Hyun wears his real suit attire just as crooked and just as messy.

 

“What can I get you three?” The waiter says as he reaches the three.

 

Min Young and Chang Hyun keep quiet next to each other as Sung Jun—on the opposite side of the booth—orders for them. “Three beef burritos, and three beef tacos.” The waiter nods, as he gazes at Min for a minute to long. “Yah, keep your eyes off my cousin.” Sung Jun flips the guy off as he tries his best to glare menacingly. Though he looks like an angry puppy instead of anything else.

 

Once the waiter leaves, Sung Jun looks back at Min with a smile. “What do you want to do today?” She doesn’t answer straight way, but instead messes with the sleeve of the jacket—twisting the button every once in a while. What does she want to do today? Her life is already tarnished, what more can she do?

 

“I want to ruin Byung Hun’s last full day of school.” She mutters it in the mot hateful voice that Sung Jun swears it hurts him mentally. No one can hate someone that much. “Can’t we just,” She pauses as her face contorts and she’s suddenly thinking of what to say correctly. “ up?”

 

The two boys look at each other. Did little miss perfect just say what they think she said? Yes, in fact she did. “Do you have anything in mind?” Sung Jun asks as he further on the table and closer to her.

 

She shrugs, “Aren’t you the devious one?”

 

“Alright then, leave it all to me.”

 

Min should’ve known better than to leave anything up to Sung Jun. By the end of the day Byung Hun was drenched in red blood from Chang Hyun “accidentally” through it over the banister to have it land perfectly on the tall male, his hair partially fried from when Sung Jun took the chargers for a car and hooked it to his finger, his boyfriend has been locked in the janitors closet——for the past two and a half hours, and the whole school is lock down because Sung Jun and Chang Hyun pulled the fire alarm…twice.

 

The events led to the three of them exhausted, still in their prom outfits from the night before, sprawled out on the top of Sung Jun’s jeep which is parked in the middle of an empty field. The only thing going through Min’s mind is that she’s definitely going to get caught and she won’t be able to graduate tomorrow. “Today was a good day.” Sung Jun breathes.

 

“I need to take a walk.” Min states as she slides gracelessly off the car and onto the ground below it. Sung Jun glances at Chang Hyun with desperate eyes as he points over at his cousin who’s walking away.

 

Chang Hyun sighs, “I’ll go with.”

 

The two keep quiet for the most part. Min Young guiding their direction along the field, with Chang Hyun following a few feet behind her. “How do you deal with it all?” She finally mutters after a few minutes of silence. Chang Hyun continues to walk with her but keeps silent—not quite sure if it was a rhetorical question or not. “How do you just act as if life isn’t about to come hit you from around the corner?”

 

“I don’t.” He responds.

 

She glances at him, “How can you not when you’re never at school?”

 

Chang Hyun laughs as he shoves his hands into his pockets. “People assume I don’t go to school. I only have three classes this year, and the rest I take at the college nearby. But because I don’t go to school every day like everyone else…” He trails off because she already knows the outcome of what that actually means—to the point she actually winces in guilt because she does, for a fact, know she was once of those “people”.

 

“It’s easier to assume then to think you’re better than us.” She responds.

 

Chang Hyun nods his head at her, “You know that this stuff won’t matter come tomorrow, right?” He asks it innocently that she’s sure he doesn’t understand what this means to her. What all of it means to her.

 

“It’s not about having it matter come tomorrow.” She murmurs while digging her nails into the side pocket of the jacket. “It’s about what it would make me feel.” He looks at her as they arrive near a brown bench, sitting right near the edge of a small cliff overlooking the city below. “It would make me feel like I belong somewhere. And it’s something to make my parents proud,” She glances at him as the two take a seat on the bench. “You wouldn’t understand.”

 

Only thing is, he does understand. “Don’t be so quick to judge.” He doesn’t say it in the snarky voice that she most likely would. Instead it comes out sweet and gentle. Though Chang Hyun is always gentle…always. “I doubt it will matter in the long run; besides, you’re going to Seoul National. That’ll make your parents proud.” Min twists toward him in utter shock.

 

“How do you know that?” She asks; referencing her acceptance into Seoul National University. She’s yet to tell anyone—not even Sung Jun, nor her parents, not even her best friend. So, how does he know?

 

He shrugs and leans into his seat, “I saw the acceptance letter in the kitchen.”

 

“Doesn’t mean you read it!” She lands a punch on his upper arm as she frustratedly turns away from him. “That’s my personal stuff; not yours.” She really wants to punch him again, but she doesn’t and keeps her wanting preoccupied as she runs her nails along her dress and legs.

 

“How come you haven’t told anyone?”

 

She shrugs, “Why do you care?” Her eyes narrow at him and it suddenly makes him uncomfortable. She doesn’t push for an answer but instead sits passively next to him. The tears that she was so used to shedding these past few days are suddenly gone. That feeling of wanting for Byung Hun to take her back is gone. All she wants, all she needs, is to know that everything will be okay.

 

“My parents hate me.” He states firmly—his voice never wavering. “They like my brother, but they hate me.” She turns toward him, her eyes watching as his facial features transition from neutrality to anything but. “I’m not sure why. I’m not a up, I’m not a slacker, I’m not…not perfect.”

 

Min Young sighs as she shifts her gaze away from him and over to the view in front of them. “Parents .”

 

 

+006 | FRIDAY 10:30PM

 

 

“LET’S play tic tac toe.” Min’s voice comes out whiney as she pulls on the sleeve of Chang Hyun’s grey hoodie. Lying on the floor in front of them is, to say the least, the game. The small hotel shampoo bottles represent O’s and the toilet paper represent’s the X’s. While the board—the crossing lines—are drawn with her old dark red lipstick she hasn’t worn in forever. “Please, I’m so bored!”

 

Chang Hyun sighs, “It’s a deal,” She cheers but he immediately stops her. “If, whoever wins gets to ask the loser a question—and the loser must answer.” Min rolls her eyes and automatically agrees to the game. After three games that ended up in a draw, Chang Hyun finally won and was seriously happy about it. To the point he was fist pumping, and grinning like a little kid.

 

“You’re an idiot.” Min scowls.

 

He laughs, “Sore loser much?” She huffs at him as she crosses her arms and asks for him to go on. “Alright, where do you work?”

 

“Stalker much?” She mumbles—practically throwing his words back at him. “I work as a telemarketer in downtown Gangnam.” Her hands fist into her blue cardigan. She could’ve had a life. She could’ve gone to college, gotten a good job that pays well but no, she just had to not do that. She threw everything away without ever thinking about the consequences.

 

After another four games—Min wins and fist pumps just like Chang Hyun, a bright smile on her face. He doesn’t comment on it like she did, because he likes when she smiles. Even after all these years he still likes it when she smiles. “Hmm,” She pauses to rack her brain for the right question to ask. When she finally thinks of one—she grins. “Back in high school, Sung Jun said you liked me—why?”

 

“Why what?” He asks in a deadpanned voice.

 

She rolls her eyes, “Why did you like me?”

 

“Back then,” He pauses to twist his body to face her. That way, instead of leaning up against the bath tub, their knees are butted up against each other and she’s almost forced to stare at him. “I liked you because I thought I understood you.”

 

She tilts her head to the side, “How so?”

 

“You wanted your parents to love you as much as you love them. You wanted to be accepted by everyone in school because you felt that would make everything better—it made you feel in control. That’s why you wanted Byung Hun to stay with you. That’s why you wanted to be prom queen.” He watches her facial expression change over each word that he says to her. It’s not anger that’s shown on her face, it’s actually something along the lines of being nervous or maybe even scared. He can’t really tell. “I liked you because you were normal. Despite what you liked to show—you are normal.”

 

Four more games of tic tac toe and the two are lying on the floor, heads practically clonked together, as they try to keep themselves un-bored. Let’s be honest, keeping yourself preoccupied is a bit hard when you’re stuck in a small bathroom. “Why didn’t you go to college?”

 

Min was too far gone to try and wiggle her way out of the question; because, it’s way to personal and Chang Hyun isn’t anywhere near a close friend. “I didn’t fit in with half of the people there—not to mention I was kind of tired in trying to please my parents. I wanted to do something for myself so…I went for the first few months, ditched the last six.”

 

“What did they want you to be?” He asks after a second.

 

He turns his head to the side allowing himself to be looking directly at her upward face. “They wanted me to be successful and smart—the daughter they could brag about to all their prestigious friends: dad’s co-workers, mom’s old sorority alumni. Something along the lines of a doctor, lawyer; maybe even a CEO of some big corporation. The daughter that got married young, and had children only a few years later. The perfect daughter.”

 

“And you what,” He begins to question as she shifts to look directly at him. “Stopped wanting to be that perfect daughter?”

 

She doesn’t nod, nor does she deny. “I stopped wanting to be something I could never be. My parents wanted a daughter that I could never strive to be. I can only do so much.” An audible sigh is heard as she shuts her eyes for a second—wiling those oncoming tears to dissipate. “They never cared about me—you know? They never cared fully. They cared to a degree: about grades, my volunteering activities, even being the ing queen of prom. But they never cared about the trivial things. They never asked those questions that parents are supposed to ask.”

 

“How are you doing? Are you happy?” She pauses to let out a chortled laugh. A laugh he knows for a fact showed she isn’t amused. “They never comforted me when bad things happened. They never tried to help me through my problems. They were never there…No one was. No one cared.”

 

Chang Hyun bolts straight up, and the movement jolts Min up as well. He turns toward her, his eyes narrowing. “You think no one cared?” She shrugs but ends up nodding her head anyway. No one cared. That’s what it was like through her life. That no one cared for her. “That’s a ing lie.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You know who cared for you? You know who was always there for you—when you were angry or sad. In a heap of tears, or even when you were laughing? Do you know?” She almost—very close to—asks him if it’s him who was always there. But she knows that can’t be since the guy was almost never in her life except for a few moments here and there.

 

“Who?”

 

“Sung Jun.”

 

“What?”

 

Chang Hyun shakes his head, letting his hair fall flatly over his forehead. “You always said that Sung Jun was the most annoying thing your life. That he was the one that caused you all the trouble in the world. But maybe that’s because he was the only one that was always there for you. Every stupid soccer game you had—he’d make it, and because of it he made me record every damn baseball game that played on TV that day. He was there for you when every broke your heart—he bought you ice cream, watched those stupid romance dramas with you. Helped you with your homework when you didn’t get the concept. Even got you a date for prom, and wrecked graduation—just to make you happy.”

 

“Sung Jun was there, for you and you only.”

 

 

+007 | JUNE 27TH, 2012 9:00AM

 

 

GRADUATION Day; the day in which the senior class graduates from mere high schoolers to that of university students. Min Young is beyond nervous—partially scared even—when she wakes up to find herself asleep on a bench over looking downtown Seoul. Her head is lying on Chang Hyun’s lap, and she’s still wearing her stupid blue prom dress, and he’s still dressed in that stupid tux as well. He’s snoring, a bit of drool dripping down his chin, his hand lying in a mess of what she calls her hair. Sung Jun on the other hand is lying right below the bench—practically except for his ridiculous superman boxers.

 

She reaches down, into her bra, and pulls out her phone and she about freaks when she sees the time. “Wake up! Wake up!” She screams her feet kicking Sung Jun in the side and her fingers scraping the edges of Chang Hyun’s skin.

 

“What, what?” Sung Jun hollers as he sits up quiet quickly.

 

Min gapes at him, “Graduation is in thirty minutes—we have to get to school, now!” To say Chang Hyun and Sung Jun burst to their feet would be an understatement. Sung Jun grabs Min Young’s hand and Chang Hyun’s collar, pulling them to his jeep which sits untouched in the clearing of the open field. “What about clothes? I can’t where this to graduation!”

 

“We’ll stop at the house before heading to school.” Sung Jun replies as the three of them get into the car. Sung Jun driving, Chang Hyun in the passenger seat, and Min Young in the backseat trying to fix her hair and her makeup at the same time. Honestly, this is not how she imagined her graduation, though that’s not how she imagined her homecoming to go, or for her second to last day of school—it’s not how she imagined her senior year to end.

 

Although, she’s not quite sure how she wanted her life to go for the last few days of her high school life. Maybe a romantic time with her boyfriend, not have her spot as valedictorian taken away from her, and not spending time with her cousin and his weird best friend. That’s what she imagined, that’s what she wanted. Anything, without Sung Jun.

 

Her life is always ruined when Sung Jun is around. These past few days have been hell with him. A ruined Homecoming, a ruined last day at school, and she knows for a fact that her graduation is going to be ruined. That for a fact she’s knows because she’s specifically going to ask for that to happen. Why should everyone eels be happy if she can’t be? That’s unfair.

 

The minute they get to Min Young’s house, she bursts upstairs to reach her room. Lying on her bed is the outfit she made for graduation—right before homecoming. A lavender dress, and white heels—perfect for a graduation. But, she dodges the outfit and goes for her closet, quickly changing into a pair of black jeans and a gray hoodie. She gets downstairs a minute later where the two boys are—dressed a little bit better, in casual jeans and t-shirts.

 

“Why aren’t you wearing your dress?” Sung Jun asks when she reaches him. “Your mom said you really loved it and couldn’t wait to wear it…” He trails off and waits for an answer, but never gets one. Instead, she bypasses them to leave to the outside, and to the inside of Sung Jun’s jeep.

 

Soon after, the two follow inside with both of them shuffling into their earlier seats. The three were quiet—for a good amount of time. Sung Jun had the radio, one of those ty channels that only plays alternative rock music, and begins to jam out to the music—hardcore jam out. His fingers drumming against the steering wheel, head banging, and practical screaming of the lyrics. Chang Hyun on the other hand pays attention more so to the outside of the window, instead of the inside of the car. Min Young, she waits—patiently, until they reach a red light nearing the Shop Mart.

 

“Let’s wreck graduation.” The crease between Sung Jun’s eyebrows heavy’s as he glances over his shoulder at Min, whose face is completely straight and her eyes are narrowed directly at the mart. “Please.”

 

Needless to say Sung Jun agrees, and the three are running through the shopping mart glancing at everything that could possibly a way to mess with the graduation. “What if we bomb them with balloons, filled with paint.” Sung Jun offers, Min Young nods her head but she has other ideas.

 

“I have two plans. One, our principal isn’t called the hawk for nothing and two—let’s wreck the cafeteria.”

 

The two ideas lead to making a nest—with real longs, grass, dirt, and twigs—in the middle of the principal’s office. The nest is large enough to fit a whole car inside of it—maybe even two. The cafeteria spawns into a toilet paper, balloon, and silly string haven. Every, piece of the floor, all the tables, even part of the kitchen is covered in the three very sloppy like substances. They even went to the point of saran wrapping ever stair in the whole school—thus leaving an even bigger mess for the janitors. Also pouring boxes of cereal in every sink of every bathroom in the whole entire school. Yet, the three made it to graduation—and graduated; meaning they can’t do about punishing them. Give detention, suspension? They graduated.

 

It actually resulted in grounding from all three parents, and consecutive installments of angering speeches from every adult in their lives. She guesses that’s what they deserve—for what they did. How they found out, she’s not quite sure. Though it ended up leading to her blaming Sung Jun and Chang Hyun, and not allowing either to be in her life. Every time Sung Jun would come near her to apologize, she’d scream at him—cursing him out.

 

The only person he ever truly cared for hates his guts for doing something she wanted to have happen. She blamed him, she use to say that he took advantage of her. Whatever that means. That’s why Sung Jun began to drink. At least before those three days, Min cared a bit about him—once in awhile asking how he was. Taking care of him when he was sick. But after those days, she couldn’t even stand to look at him. He had no one left; hell, even Chang Hyun resented him a little. So he drank, and he did drugs. It made the pain go away; even if it was just for a little while…it made the pain go away.

 

 

+008 | FRIDAY 11:00PM

 

 

MIN Young never really understood the reason behind what Sung Jun’s reasoning was behind everything. She just thought he hated her. At least that conclusion made sense in her mind. More so than him actually caring for her did. Sung Jun caring for her actually sounds insane in her mind. He’s supposed to be that guy that bugs the crap out of her; that ruins everything. That’s what she’s always thought. How can it just randomly change?

 

“Maybe you should talk to him after this.” Chang Hyun offers.

 

She shrugs her shoulders, “Why should I?”

 

“Why shouldn’t you?” He responds, and she guess it’s because he’s getting a little pissed off at the fact that he’s done with seeing his best friend seen as the spawn of Satan in her eyes. “I’ve explained everything about what he’s done for you and you still don’t believe me. Maybe you should think about it.”

 

She does think about it. She really does. All those time Sung Jun helped her up when she fell down, all those stupid ballet recitals she went to he attended—yet her parents didn’t—those three nights they went through together, he did it all for her; and he never even questioned it. He just did it, for her. Because Min is the most important person in his life, and the only person he truly cares about. She knows that…now. She knows that now.

 

And she finds it completely sad that she never figured it out. That she never noticed that those days that her parents weren’t home for dinner, and she wasn’t able to make herself food, he made it for her. He drove her to every friend’s house when she couldn’t figure out how to get her license. He was there—and her parents weren’t. But he was there.

 

“How do I even say something to him?”

 

Chang Hyun chuckles as he turns to look at her, “I think you’ll know what to say when you finally see him.” She nods and assumes that he’s right. You can’t really arrange a heartfelt speech, before the heartfelt event. So, instead, the two sit together in her bathroom waiting to be let out.

 

And after another hour, the two are let out—by a partygoer, who seriously needs to throw up, and ends up doing so but in her bathtub. Gross. She almost throws up right there in then when seeing so. Chang Hyun just ignores it and moves toward the kitchen—most likely hungry from being stuck in the bathroom for three or so hours. Min Young on the other hand makes her way to the middle of the people inside her living room, all bumping to the beat of the newest Kanye song, and she spots Sung Jun still in the middle—still drinking.

 

And it makes her think back to when she yelled at him earlier. Instead of yelling she should’ve ripped the drink out of his hand. She should’ve realized that it was time for her to take care of him, and less of him taking care of her. So, when she reaches him, she rips the vodka out of his hand and throws it all the way across the room where it hits the wall nearby. The small action catches Sung Jun’s attention in surprise. “Couz, who let you out?” He slurs while glancing around the room as if he’s going to magically spot out that idiot.

 

Though he stops dead when Min takes a deep breath before enveloping him in a hug; her arms around his neck, and her head resting on his chest. “Min?” He voices as he reaches up to pat her on the back. “What’s going on? Did something happen?” It’s almost as if he sobered up because that wariness in his voice felt like it did way back when.

 

“I’m so sorry Sung Jun,” She mumbles, her voice softer than she thought possible. The real aspect of the situation sunk in, and it really hit her—she’s the one that ruined everything. Sung Jun was the one to pick up all the pieces. “I should’ve realized sooner.” He wasn’t quite sure how to react. He looks over her shoulder to see Chang Hyun urging him to hug her back—just like he used to urge him to date her, but that never really worked.

 

But, it works for this situation, because Sung Jun ends up wrapping his arms around his cousin’s smaller frame. He himself trying to stop being so damn drunk like he is and to actually realize what she’s even talking about. Mainly because it still hasn’t clicked in his brain that she’s talking about all those years.

 

 

+009 | SATURDAY 9:00AM

 

 

BY the time Sung Jun wakes up, he knows he ed up—real bad. The living room is wrecked. Trash bags filled with every piece of disgusting red solo cup, liquor bottles, condoms (used and unused alike), and clothing that for sure isn’t any of theirs. The floor has obviously been mopped down multiple times because of the weird grease cover over the bamboo flooring—and he’s sure that there was at least four puddles of throw up there before. Worst of all, there’s yellow stains on the ceiling from when some of the partygoers decided to throw baloney with mustard onto the ceiling to see if it would truly stick—it did.

 

He knows he ed up—he always does. In the eyes of every one of his family members—including Min Young—he’s the black sheep. The one that always fails at whatever he does; staying sober being one. Obviously when he gets into his drunken stopper he becomes the worst possible him; the one without any brains, even though he barely has brains when he’s sober. And he just can’t believe he did this to Min Young—as if it truly matters since she would make any possible way to get rid of him. Because he ed up for too long.

 

“You’re up?” Sung Jun glances up and to his surprise—legit surprise, wide eyes, mouth agape—Chang Hyun stands there with a cup of coffee shoved towards him offering it for him to drink. “Take it, you’ll need it—trust me.” And he does, take it, and practically gurgles it down, pretty quickly too.

 

He wracks his brain for the many reasons as to why he could be here, but when he can’t find a conclusion, he ends up continuing to stare at him. “Why are you here? How are you here? And how are you not dead. I-I mean I locked you in a bathroom with Min.” Chang Hyun has to laugh at that—because seeing Sung Jun’s surprised face and manic questions is hilarious.

 

“She’ll be out in a second; she really wants to talk to you.”

 

Oh yeah, that makes everything better. She’s probably going to wish for him to leave, or even forcefully remove him from the property she calls a home. Why wouldn’t she? He ed up once more. If she’s smart enough she’ll get rid of him, because that’s what his parents did. That’s what everybody does—did. Hell, he wouldn’t blame Chang Hyun if he left to. It would make sense if he did.

 

“You’re up?” A small female voice shakes Sung Jun from his thought process.

 

He sheepishly smiles and waves his hand toward her face. “Look, Min, I know I messed up—and I completely understand if you want to get rid of me. But honestly, I didn’t mean for any of that to happen. I’d never—” She puts her hand up, her palm flat, toward his face—as if she predicted everything he was going to say. He drops his head down toward his chest, and ran his fingers along his jeans in the most stressed way.

 

“I understand now,” She pauses to watch the crease between his eyebrows suddenly contort, and for his face to be the poster child of confusion. “You took care of me, even Chang Hyun, sometimes even your parents—but no one ever took care of you.” His gaze snapped up toward her in the span of a few seconds when realization hit him. But, how does she know? Just a few hours ago she had hatred etched onto her brain.

 

And all he can do is sputter out incoherent words because it’s hard to wrap his head around the idea of his cousin not hating him. Not wishing for him to get lost. Because that’s how it always is for him. “Maybe it’s time for our roles to switch. I’m going to start taking care of you now.”

 

To say the least, Sung Jun had never felt such an overwhelming feeling before. One that made his toes curl and his stomach clench at the prospect of not being so alone—so distinctively lonely. He’s not going to be alone, and someone is finally going to take care of him. What his parents never did for him. What he always did for Min. Someone that could finally represent the true meaning of family.

 

He wants to cry. He wants to cry so much that his chest begins to hurt, his eyes begin to turn into a red puffy mess, and his throat gets ensnared with a sob. He can’t believe this. “Are you being serious right now?” She laughs lightly—that effortless laugh he hasn’t heard in such a long time—and nods her head.

 

“I wouldn’t joke about something so serious.” She reaches over and places a supporting hand on his knee. “You’ll start going to AA and I’ll set up a job for you when you get your first chip. I promise Jinnie, everything will be better from here on out.” And it’s been so long since she’s called him that. The last time was when they were eight—and he had put a band aid on her knee when she tripped and etched her knee on the pavement. She cried badly that day, and it made him cry when he was putting on the band aid.

 

Chang Hyun jumps onto the couch next to him, swinging his arm around his shoulder. “Guess who’s taking you to AA every day.” His voice is playful, but there’s an underlying tone of annoyance—Sung Jun doesn’t pay much attention to it but instead lunges toward him and envelopes his best friend in a hug. Because, he knows for a fact that he told Min everything—Min’s far too unintelligent to figure it out on her own.

 

“Jesus, get off.” He whines while pushing the hung-over man off of him. “She’s the one you should be thanking.” He says while flicking his finger over to who Min who sits on the coffee table with a smile on her face and her fingers pulling at the hem of her cream colored shirt.

 

Sung Jun nods and launches himself at Min pulling her into the tightest hug. It doesn’t compare to those of anyone—because it’s a hug from family. “As great as this is, Jinnie. There’s a problem…” She trials off and pushes at his chest, forcing him off of her.

 

“Put on some pants.”

 

 

[A/N: I don’t know about anyone else, but family is such a sacred thing to me. Without my family, I’m sure I would not become who I am today. And I know many people out there who don’t have family. And, I guess, I just wanted to show that sometimes even when you feel like you don’t have anyone supporting you—you may find one of the oddest persons alive to be that family you never thought you could have.

 

Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this! I know it took forever for me to post this.]